• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Incident" at Boston Marathon

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost makes me wish she actually was a victim of the bombing. :L

Too bad she can't trade places with 1 of the real victims. They could have their way of life back and she could have her precious money!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue is the penalties for financial scams such as this are notoriously light. Even if you are caught, which 60% aren't, you hardly face any real trouble. For people so inclined, there's practically no risk. "Throwing the book" at her will maybe entail 5 years, tops (it's never that much). And if she hid the money offshore, she gets to keep it all when she gets out.

I read an article yesterday that said there is, on average 22 hours between any event and a financial crime related to it. The mall shooting in Kenya took less than five hours before email scams started going on. 5 hours. Most of the dead were still alive when someone tried to cash in on them by setting up fake "help funds". And you just know the real funds will be also be defrauded like this one.

Sickening. I do get extra special happy when I help send one of these fuckers up.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll learn 'em that killing is wrong!! YEEHHAAAWWW!!

in cases like this I dont see what good the death penalty is. Id rather him rot in jail for his life even in seclusion. yes I get the jail costs out of tax payer money but really death is too easy and quick for that guy

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in cases like this I dont see what good the death penalty is. Id rather him rot in jail for his life even in seclusion. yes I get the jail costs out of tax payer money but really death is too easy and quick for that guy

I would never condone the death penalty, but I agree. In cases like this it makes even less sense. On numerous levels.

1. The guy probably relishes the chance to be a martyr.
  2. There is no chance he'd ever get parole and thus re-offend
  3. He should suffer for as long as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let that piece of shit suffer, I agree. Let him get what's coming to him in a jail cell.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reached before federal authorities announced their decision to seek the death penalty, Zubeidat Tsarnaev, the suspect's mother, did not comment on the specifics of the case.

"The only thing I want to say is, I want the whole world to hear that I love my son, my precious Dzhokhar. That's it," she told CNN's Nick Paton Walsh.

Man, how terrible would you feel to be the parent of somebody who did this. Assuming you weren't a terrible parent, what has to go through your mind? An endless parade of if I'd onlys and should i haves and whys, perhaps.

My condolences go firstly to the victims and their families and friends, of course. But still, what a tragedy on so many levels.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's generally believed that it actually costs more taxpayer money than to execute someone in the US.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9637820.jpg

because this is a lovely story to come out from that crap

Dance instructor Adrianne Haslet-Davis, a victim of the Boston Marathon bombing, showed off her new high-tech prosthetic leg at TED today.

As Jeff Lee writes, the device is "a marriage of high science, raw determination and angry stare-down of the effects terrorists hope they instil when they set off explosives like the one that nearly killed Haslet-Davis."

TED2014: Boston bombing victim trips the light fantastic with new leg

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's generally believed that it actually costs more taxpayer money than to execute someone in the US.

Only because our system is retarded. Streamline the appeals and make them do them all at once instead of one at a time. When they lose them all, do it the same day.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because our system is retarded. Streamline the appeals and make them do them all at once instead of one at a time. When they lose them all, do it the same day.

:clap:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just do what they do in Texas. Appeal straight to the supreme court. Non of the level to level crap. Yep, Texas has the express lane for the death penalty.