• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Incident" at Boston Marathon

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^
Naval Recruiter: Just fill out this form, and you're on your way to the reserve.

Homer Simpson: There's a question that's crossed out.

Naval Recruiter: Well... due to a recent presidential order, we're not allowed to ask that particular question.

Homer Simpson: I think I can make it out.

Homer Simpson: "Are you a homosex..."

Naval Recruiter: [interrupts] For God's sake, don't answer that, I could go to jail!

Homer Simpson: But I'm not a homose...

Naval Recruiter: [covers his ears and sings loudly] La, la, la, la, la, la, la, I am not lis-ten-ing! La, la, la, la, la...

[exits]

Homer Simpson: Nice fella. I wonder if he's gay?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mother thinks bombing was fake
Anzor Tsarnaev will travel to U.S. and cooperate in Boston bombing probe
"There was no blood," mother says. "It was paint"
Mother wanted on felony charges in U.S.

Probably got the idea from Alex Jones.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semi-related. I love it when returning to the US from international travel and there's a question on the immigration form asking if you are now or have ever been affiliated with a terrorist organization.

Seriously, who would check yes on that?

I might, just for amusement. But then again, I am affiliated with groups that might get me out of it. Well, until I pull a stunt like that.

Okay, I wouldn't check yes. Never mind. I like my quick route through airport security.

"There was no blood," mother says. "It was paint"
Mother wanted on felony charges in U.S.

Suspects' mother says bombing was fake - CNN.com

Imagine that, batshit crazy criminal mom breeds extremist kids. whod'athunk?

Probably got the idea from Alex Jones.

Speaking of people who should be getting the rubber glove treatment instead of farmers...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"There was no blood," mother says. "It was paint"Mother wanted on felony charges in U.S.

Suspects' mother says bombing was fake - CNN.com

Was it thermite paint like at the World Trade Center? :L

25846895.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole "Russia Contacted FBI Twice About Boston Bomber: Report" is less about conspiracy and more about an FBI miss but I dont really blame them ... like 43 pointed out they are kinda hamstrung and they dont have the ability to monitor 1 of hundreds of thousands of "suspects" 24/7

that being said ... maybe they do a more thorough job of looking at those that can be labelled as the possible "self-radicalized"

and how about the BPD (or whichever dept was responsible) supposedly not even talking to black hat guy after 3 of his acquaintances were murdered (throats slashed) on Sept 12, 2011

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem our society has is we are trying to prevent the issues based on history.. and not trying to catch the people.

So 9/11 happens and we get all kind of new aircraft FAA rules. So they move on to bombs... now we will get all kind of rules about registering your pressure cooker and limits on fireworks ... and they will move on to poisoning a water supply... then they will pass laws on keeping people away from water sources, and they will move to the next delivery of terrorism.

Problem is people in this country call it "racial profiling" when I call it using smart demographics. If 17 or 18 bombers are 18-35 males from the same country, then by all means spend extra time with people that meet that demographic when the enter this country.

It will never change until they secure the borders... and my fear it this is only going to get worse and more frequent as we get older. Especially when we have so many home grown idiots like Colorado and Sandy Hook Shooting. Stop going after guns and knives and bombs and start going after the people.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not totally related, but somewhat related, NYC this summer is going to be releasing non lethal gas into the subways to see exactly how it would travel, what is the best way to respond, etc. I like that there is some sort of planning for this type of situation going on. Rather than reacting to what's already been done they're thinking ahead so police know what to do if that situation occurs.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem our society has is we are trying to prevent the issues based on history.. and not trying to catch the people.

So 9/11 happens and we get all kind of new aircraft FAA rules. So they move on to bombs... now we will get all kind of rules about registering your pressure cooker and limits on fireworks ... and they will move on to poisoning a water supply... then they will pass laws on keeping people away from water sources, and they will move to the next delivery of terrorism.

Problem is people in this country call it "racial profiling" when I call it using smart demographics. If 17 or 18 bombers are 18-35 males from the same country, then by all means spend extra time with people that meet that demographic when the enter this country.

It will never change until they secure the borders... and my fear it this is only going to get worse and more frequent as we get older. Especially when we have so many home grown idiots like Colorado and Sandy Hook Shooting. Stop going after guns and knives and bombs and start going after the people.

More laws is never the answer. Better ones or better enforcement of the ones that exist is what's needed.

Good guys need to be right every time, bad guys only need to be right once.

Not totally related, but somewhat related, NYC this summer is going to be releasing non lethal gas into the subways to see exactly how it would travel, what is the best way to respond, etc. I like that there is some sort of planning for this type of situation going on. Rather than reacting to what's already been done they're thinking ahead so police know what to do if that situation occurs.

Testing their simulations' assumptions, no doubt.

And I am sure they've already done it on a small scale. just didn't tell anyone.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's good that it will be non-lethal.

Paralyzing at most I would assume.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess theres no way to not publicize this planned test ?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this test necessary? There is harmless gas being let loose in that place every day... trust me I have been there. Crop dusting is a common occurrence ... along with BO.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russia probably reports everyone who comes to the US.

The media can :hdn: all they want, but there's nothing to that. No one wants to limit the red tape and free the three letter agencies to actually investigate the right way, and the list of people is hundreds of thousands.

Thanks to the Sequester, some agents aren't allowed to travel. So interviews with suspicious people (read: Farmers buying supplies) are happening over the phone.

If they answer.

I was just listening to a story about this on the radio. Apparently there are three main lists (there are more, but three major ones). On the lowest tiered list, there are something like 750,000 people. The Boston bomber was on that list, but there's no way to check all those people. It apparently isn't a hard list to get on. The next list has about 14,000 people on it, you can get on that list the same way the reporter did, simply by traveling to Pakistan or other countries and staying for a month or more. The top list is a little more elite... you actually have to have some pretty hard core affiliations to be on that list. But good God man, what use is having a "terror" list with almost a million people on it? It's pretty much too big to regulate at that point.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just listening to a story about this on the radio. Apparently there are three main lists (there are more, but three major ones). On the lowest tiered list, there are something like 750,000 people. The Boston bomber was on that list, but there's no way to check all those people. It apparently isn't a hard list to get on. The next list has about 14,000 people on it, you can get on that list the same way the reporter did, simply by traveling to Pakistan or other countries and staying for a month or more. The top list is a little more elite... you actually have to have some pretty hard core affiliations to be on that list. But good God man, what use is having a "terror" list with almost a million people on it? It's pretty much too big to regulate at that point.

750k? That's manageable. The FBI has about 25 - 30k agents.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CNN Video - Michael Buble Sings in NYC subway

was supposed to do a promotion with the NYC mayor however with the info that these 2 brothers had plans to bomb times square Mayor Bloomberg had to cancel so Michael took the group he was supposed to sing with and sang to New Yorkers in the subway.... pretty cool