• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In a Pinch… Need Help!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR League… Need some help/advice! I might need to pick up a WR off waivers before Sunday because of injuries on my roster. But I'm not sure who I should drop… My current WRs are:

Cobb… Locked in, no question
V-Jax… Listed as Questionable

Bench: Wayne (Out), Welker (already played)

WR's on Waiver Wire: T. Smith, K. Wright, Landry, M. Evans, James Jones, S. Johnson, A. Roberts, LaFell, Jennings

Possible drops: Dalton, F-Jax (out for 4 weeks), T. Richardson (Q), Wayne, Welker, V. Davis, 49ers D (picked up Browns D for bye week fill in)

Starters:
Q: Brady
RBs: Murray, Lacy
WRs: Cobb, ?
TE: Kelce
Flex: Ingram
D: Browns
K: Tucker

If V-Jax is a go then obviously I want to start him, but he looks to be a game-time decision. And seeing as I have nobody to fill in for him in the event of him being declared out, I need to pick up someone for insurance. But who do you guys think I should drop? Any advice is very appreciated! Thanks in advance!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need to drop somebody, Dalton is replaceable.

Also, I don't think Welker is a must hold. He is clearly the 4th option in Denver. He will have a couple more big games, but I would rather own a couple of the other guys you listed. Smith, wright, Evans, etc.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need to drop somebody, Dalton is replaceable.

Also, I don't think Welker is a must hold. He is clearly the 4th option in Denver. He will have a couple more big games, but I would rather own a couple of the other guys you listed. Smith, wright, Evans, etc.

I was thinking the same thing… Dalton or Welker were my main drop targets. I only think Welker's value is holding him in hopes that an injury occurs to one of their top 3 options.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with Tlance that Dalton is easily replaceable. I like Lafell the most out of the options you listed.
Welker probably could be dropped as well or instead of.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add Evans and drop Welker if you still can, if not Dalton.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Waiver Wire is pretty thin at QB, so I might lean on letting Welker go…

QBs available: Flacco, Cousins, Davis, A. Smith, Fitz, G. Smith, Hoyer, Carr, Glennon, and a few others

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Waiver Wire is pretty thin at QB, so I might lean on letting Welker go…

QBs available: Flacco, Cousins, Davis, A. Smith, Fitz, G. Smith, Hoyer, Carr, Glennon, and a few others

Flaco, Carr, and Glennon are all roughly the same as Dalton. They can all have huge games on occasion, and all can disappear just as easily.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok… So it seems as though the majority of you believe Dalton is the better drop.

One more thought to ponder though… Dalton has CLE @ home on Brady's bye week… Flacco has TEN @ home, Carr has DEN @ home, and Glennon has ATL @ home…

Looking at that I would say Dalton & Glennon would be the best bye week fill ins. Does that sway any opinions?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok… So it seems as though the majority of you believe Dalton is the better drop.

One more thought to ponder though… Dalton has CLE @ home on Brady's bye week… Flacco has TEN @ home, Carr has DEN @ home, and Glennon has ATL @ home…

Looking at that I would say Dalton & Glennon would be the best bye week fill ins. Does that sway any opinions?
I'd say both Flacco and Glennon have better match ups than Dalton. At least they aren't facing Joe Haden... minor thing but if we're splitting hairs, that's the hair I chose.

So no, it doesn't really affect my opinion much

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say both Flacco and Glennon have better match ups than Dalton. At least they aren't facing Joe Haden... minor thing but if we're splitting hairs, that's the hair I chose.

So no, it doesn't really affect my opinion much

I agree with Treff. Dalton is not really superior to those other 2 for week 10. I would not necessarily say the others are better, but they are the same level. In fact, there is a good chance Dalton would still be there for you to pick up again.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing to consider, week 10 is also Rivers bye week, so there may be a little competition for those backups that week.. just food for thought as your making waiver claims in week 9.. might wanna grab one a week early if you can afford to

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the possible pick ups, I like Torrey. and I agree that Dalton is the drop. Since Welker has already played I think he is locked until after the weekend so you could not drop him for you WR. I prefer Flacco to Dalton anyway.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Torrey, but personally, I recently passed on him to add Kendall Wright. Wright has been targeted 48 times (which puts him in the Cobb, Sanu & Sanders zip code). And I suspect that with the struggles that the Titans will continue to see in the run game, as well as on the scoreboard, he will continue to be targeted for garbage yards. But garage yards still equal yards.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Torrey, but personally, I recently passed on him to add Kendall Wright. Wright has been targeted 48 times (which puts him in the Cobb, Sanu & Sanders zip code). And I suspect that with the struggles that the Titans will continue to see in the run game, as well as on the scoreboard, he will continue to be targeted for garbage yards. But garage yards still equal yards.

This ^^^^. I have both Torrey and Wright on different leagues and I 'd go for Wright here, for all the reason given above.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great advice gentlemen! As always!

And Treff… THe guy that has Rivers also has Romo so I doubt he will be shopping the wire. But good advice!

Dropping Dalton for Wright as we speak…

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I just say…

THANK YOU ALL FOR TALKING ME INTO DROPPING DALTON ON BRADY'S BYE WEEK

If I would have started him he would have gotten me next to nothing this week!!!