• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm glad we can all agree that Jabril Peppers is the best defensive player in the country

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't many things that are clear at this point, so let's be thankful for this one.

Yeah about that

Aaaaaand the next Harrison Smith:

Nate Gerry, Nebraska

Gerry has been strong in coverage in his three years of grading and he boasts the top power-5 coverage grade this year at 91.3. He can read and break quickly on the ball, leading to three passes defensed this season that ranks second in the country and an impressive three-year total of 11 interceptions and eight passes defensed. We need a playmaker on the back end and Gerry is the man for the job.

Last edited:

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers might be one of the best athletes in the country but his production on defense doesn't warrant "best in the country".

He's ranked #13 in the B1G in tackles, #19 in sacks, #2 in tackles for loss, and 0 interceptions with 5 games under his belt when most have only 4.

That's pretty average for a B1G defender, let alone nationally ...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is that and what position does he play? Seriously, most Michigan fans around here are tools and expect is to just know, we don't do big 10 around my neck of the woods.

Big 12 fans wouldn't know him, he plays on the wrong side of the ball. As most in the country know, the other thing in Big 12 country don't do other than B1G football, is play defense.

On a side note, he has played QB, RB and WR so you may have saw him there.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d29c741aa18f2241fbaa5cb9011e37ce.jpg

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can talk about this later in the year after Curtis Samuel makes him look silly, K?

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can talk about this later in the year after Curtis Samuel makes him look silly, K?

Most underrated player in the country. Won't be if he crushes the rushing/receiving ncaa record that he's projected to break.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers might be one of the best athletes in the country but his production on defense doesn't warrant "best in the country".

He's ranked #13 in the B1G in tackles, #19 in sacks, #2 in tackles for loss, and 0 interceptions with 5 games under his belt when most have only 4.

That's pretty average for a B1G defender, let alone nationally ...

While I'm not going to call anyone the best defensive player, as I haven't had the chance to regularly watch others.

Listing stats for Peppers doesn't do justice, because his position changes from play to play. He will line up at LB for a drive, and the next he may start at LB, but move to the slot, or drop back to safety. He plays all over, so his value is his versatility and why they have him going in the top 5 in the NFL draft next year.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal. 4 weeks since it's a CFB downtime.

And you'll get your answer when AG checks in. There was no sarcasm in my post. He'd love to bet you Ukranian ordered coeds.

Just so you know, clarkson will be banned after Washington beats USC for another bet, so unless USC pulls a major upset, you won't get paid off with this bet.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listing stats for Peppers doesn't do justice, because his position changes from play to play. He will line up at LB for a drive, and the next he may start at LB, but move to the slot, or drop back to safety. He plays all over, so his value is his versatility and why they have him going in the top 5 in the NFL draft next year.

Like I said, he's one of the better athletes. But his defensive production (regardless where he is on the field) is average. It would be one thing if he was making those tackles as a LB and then making big plays in the secondary ... but he's not.

Being able to line up anywhere in the back seven is different than lining up in the back seven and being a dominant player at each position. It's hard to say he's the best defensive player in the country when he isn't the best player at any defensive position.

It's not like he's leading the country in tackles AND pass breakups or something of that sort.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know, clarkson will be banned after Washington beats USC for another bet, so unless USC pulls a major upset, you won't get paid off with this bet.

Hopefully the cheesy, crudely made gifs will come to an end afterwards.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm not going to call anyone the best defensive player, as I haven't had the chance to regularly watch others.

Will he really be an NFL ready safety with Harbaugh using him as a jack of all trades? This isn't meant as a slight against him as I have seen the draft predictions as well

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, he's one of the better athletes. But his defensive production (regardless where he is on the field) is average. It would be one thing if he was making those tackles as a LB and then making big plays in the secondary ... but he's not.

Being able to line up anywhere in the back seven is different than lining up in the back seven and being a dominant player at each position. It's hard to say he's the best defensive player in the country when he isn't the best player at any defensive position.

It's not like he's leading the country in tackles AND pass breakups or something of that sort.

If you are lining up all over, you aren't going to lead any position. If he is getting 60% of snaps at LB, he is going to outproduce guys playing 100% of snaps at LB. Same goes for CB or safety.

It'd be like saying De'veon Smith and Curtis Samuel are the same RB because one has rushed for 328 yards and one has rushed for 325 yards.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will he really be an NFL ready safety with Harbaugh using him as a jack of all trades? This isn't meant as a slight against him as I have seen the draft predictions as well

That's why I think you have to take these mock drafts with a grain of salt this early. He's the type of player that could easily slide down in the draft because teams don't like to get creative. He HAS to have top production at one position or another to guarantee a high draft pick.

If he's just a jack of all trades by years end ... he's not going to be drafted that high. Teams generally don't spend a first round pick on someone who isn't highly productive at the position of need. Really it just depends on his entire body of work ... it's too early.

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers is good but Derwin James (when healthy) and Myles Garrett are better.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think he will struggle in coverage in the NFL to start, but will be good once he settles into one positions. He will be great against the run though l, as he can fly and is fearless out on the field.