• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you were building a team for the next decade...

Which player would you take to build a franchise for the next ten years?

• Kawhi

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Giannis

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey- thats def. your right--- but please dont do it because he holds himself to have some special insight because he coached children.

FYI, one of the "children" I coached recently signed a two way contract. He will surely spend most of his time in the G league, but still.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as a franchise player to build around, I think I would wait and build around Lonzo Ball - He is younger than those other guys and might be around for the next 18 years like Kobe Bryant was

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, @tlance went savage on Wiggy. Man handed that bitch L's all day on this thread.

yeah he did. funny thing about WiggityWack today is he tried to justify his bullshit as "defending himself" like it's everyone else's fault that he's being a jackass...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi is the better player right now, so I would take him. But I definitely see the argument for Giannis being younger.

Also, OP, do you have something against Kawhi? I've seen you debate strongly against Kawhi being better than Russ (which he has an argument to be), and now this poll. Although this poll could be a simple question and just me overthinking it. My apologies if it's the latter.

I got nothing against Kawhi as a person...With the connections my family has with Pop I received a Kawhi jersey t-shirt once.

That being said, with all the lack Russell Westbrook gets limiting the effectiveness of players around him, I think Kawhi gets off the hook way too easily in this regard. I thought his game became increasingly iso-heavy last season. LaMarcus is playing much better this season without him and it's not a coincidence.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got nothing against Kawhi as a person...With the connections my family has with Pop I received a Kawhi jersey t-shirt once.

That being said, with all the lack Russell Westbrook gets limiting the effectiveness of players around him, I think Kawhi gets off the hook way too easily in this regard. I thought his game became increasingly iso-heavy last season. LaMarcus is playing much better this season without him and it's not a coincidence.

I firmly believed you were full of shit about your connections to Pop, but after this statement I'm a bit more inclined to believe you. Because who the hell would ever think it's a brag to say they once received a t-shirt. LOL.

Also LaMarcus is playing much better because yes opportunity and touches matter, but also because him and Pop have a better understanding on how to utilize him. The Spurs are running a lot more action through him instead of him just being another cog in the offense. Pop's utilization of Aldridge is a complete 180 from how he handled him in previous years. The real challenge will be maximizing both Kawhi and Aldridge's efficiency at the same time. Surprised Pop never mentioned this to you.

:suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I firmly believed you were full of shit about your connections to Pop, but after this statement I'm a bit more inclined to believe you. Because who the hell would ever think it's a brag to say they once received a t-shirt. LOL.

Also LaMarcus is playing much better because yes opportunity and touches matter, but also because him and Pop have a better understanding on how to utilize him. The Spurs are running a lot more action through him instead of him just being another cog in the offense. Pop's utilization of Aldridge is a complete 180 from how he handled him in previous years. The real challenge will be maximizing both Kawhi and Aldridge's efficiency at the same time. Surprised Pop never mentioned this to you.

:suds:

There is also a big difference between a point guard that doesn't make teammates better and a wing. It is literally the point guard's job to lead the offense and make sure the team is getting quality scoring chances.

Kawhi plays off the ball a lot. It isn't his job to get Aldridge going. His usage may prohibit Aldridge from doing as much as he has been doing lately, but Kawhi is not the reason for his teammates' failures. Westbrook quite literally is the reason his high profile teammates tend to struggle because he doesn't know how to play without the ball and he always has it in his hands. He is the most difficult guy to play with in the entire league, IMO.

PJ G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people forget that Kawhi is only 25. Dude is a top five star in the league and has shown he can do it on the biggest stage against the best players in the world. I need to give him the nod.