• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you thought 25 million was a lot for Kerr look at this

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear the Cavs have NO PLAN or blueprint whatsoever.

They've gone after Cal and Izzo and gotten butkis.

Front office is a joke. And people here criticize Lebron for leaving those fools? Really? There's NO WAY that team will ever contend as long as those people are running it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comicsansangryletter.jpg

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also LOL at people thinking Lebron will go back there

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who bitch about LBJ leaving CLE or joining with 2 other stars are not people who's opinion should be considered.

They are simply irrational, hypocritical and ignoring the entire history of the NBA.

The real reason they are pissed is because LBJ took it upon himself to make it happen rather than wait for somebody else to do it for him. It makes them realize they are responsible for their own shitty lives and not any body else's fault. You could probably also fairly easily make a connection to slave owner mentality.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear the Cavs have NO PLAN or blueprint whatsoever.

They've gone after Cal and Izzo and gotten butkis.

Front office is a joke. And people here criticize Lebron for leaving those fools? Really? There's NO WAY that team will ever contend as long as those people are running it.

Bingo. Why should players be punished where we as basketball fans say they should win staying with the team that drafted them? Not every team is ran like the Spurs, as is the case with the Cavs. Basketball is a business, and loyalty should be brushed aside. Jordan and Kobe were blessed that they had competent organizations that drafted them (I'm also fully aware that Kobe was drafted by Charlotte then subsequently traded) and was able to fit players around that fit their skill set; the Cavs do not possess this ability.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. Why should players be punished where we as basketball fans say they should win staying with the team that drafted them? Not every team is ran like the Spurs, as is the case with the Cavs. Basketball is a business, and loyalty should be brushed aside. Jordan and Kobe were blessed that they had competent organizations that drafted them (I'm also fully aware that Kobe was drafted by Charlotte then subsequently traded) and was able to fit players around that fit their skill set; the Cavs do not possess this ability.

I guess you can say Jordan and Kobe had competent organizations, but players are not even looking for that now. This "generation" of free agents want to go to an organization that is willing to pay luxury tax dollars so they can play with their friends. This generation needs climate controlled arenas with low humidity to perform. Thats why the Bulls wont get Lebron, wade, bosh, carmello, they know Reinsdork will not open the purse strings unless its one player that will get them over, then its just the player and their 5 million hit. The nets tried to buy a team, ended up paying 189 million dollars in salary and tax this year. That wont happen in chicago. Mike made his team mates better, worked his ass off from practice to the games and made the team better without being the highest salary team out there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you can say Jordan and Kobe had competent organizations, but players are not even looking for that now. This "generation" of free agents want to go to an organization that is willing to pay luxury tax dollars so they can play with their friends. This generation needs climate controlled arenas with low humidity to perform. Thats why the Bulls wont get Lebron, wade, bosh, carmello, they know Reinsdork will not open the purse strings unless its one player that will get them over, then its just the player and their 5 million hit. The nets tried to buy a team, ended up paying 189 million dollars in salary and tax this year. That wont happen in chicago. Mike made his team mates better, worked his ass off from practice to the games and made the team better without being the highest salary team out there.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you said. The NBA didn't have a salary cap back in the day and Jordan was grossly under paid for a majority of his tenure in Chicago compared to his contemporaries. Still though, the Bulls were smart to trade for Pippen during the 87 draft and to hire Phil Jackson to take over for Doug Collins who just couldn't get the Bulls over the hump that the late 80's Bad Boy Pistons represented.

The point is, the Cavs organization doesn't have a solid plan in place. Most other organizations would be able to succeed with the picks that they've had over the last decade.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No free agent in his right mind would ever sign with the Cavs, ESPECIALLY after that temper tantrum the owner threw when Lebron left.

There is almost literally NO reason for anyone - player or coach - to sign with Cleveland. They don't offer anything but money.....no quality of life, no front office worth a damn, no work life balance, NOTHING

Going to Cleveland is a career killer for just about anyone doing anything in any industry.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No free agent in his right mind would ever sign with the Cavs, ESPECIALLY after that temper tantrum the owner threw when Lebron left.

There is almost literally NO reason for anyone - player or coach - to sign with Cleveland. They don't offer anything but money.....no quality of life, no front office worth a damn, no work life balance, NOTHING

Going to Cleveland is a career killer for just about anyone doing anything in any industry.

You've just described 80% of the league btw.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you can say Jordan and Kobe had competent organizations, but players are not even looking for that now. This "generation" of free agents want to go to an organization that is willing to pay luxury tax dollars so they can play with their friends.This generation needs climate controlled arenas with low humidity to perform. Thats why the Bulls wont get Lebron, wade, bosh, carmello, they know Reinsdork will not open the purse strings unless its one player that will get them over, then its just the player and their 5 million hit. The nets tried to buy a team, ended up paying 189 million dollars in salary and tax this year. That wont happen in chicago. Mike made his team mates better, worked his ass off from practice to the games and made the team better without being the highest salary team out there.

That's what you think happened in MIA?

Players are looking for that now more than ever. Dwight, Melo and Love all forcing their ways out of bad situations in the last few years ring a bell? Not to mention the reason MIA has 3 super buddies is because they were sick of incompetent management so they took it upon them selves to make it happen. In any other scenario that would be applauded.

The rest seems like a lot of randomish romanticizing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you're saying they're the Oakland Raiders of the NFL. Or, due to geographic location, the Cleveland Browns of the NBA.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thread hijacked by Laker fans...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it was more like 10 yr $80 mil !!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are describing Lebron and they took paycuts also. They did it to WIN. Bottomline.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aka a prison sentence.

On the plus side he could own the entire city of cleveland by year 7...down side again, he would own cleveland.

There was no chance he would go there, but was it head coach or was in charge of all operations? I wanna say they were going to give him more power like Phil.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no chance he would go there, but was it head coach or was in charge of all operations? I wanna say they were going to give him more power like Phil.

This is why I think the Cavs are such a dysfunctional organization. What has Calipari done in the league to allow him to have as much power as Phil does with Knicks, or that Riley has with the Heat? Because he won a title at Kentucky? Anybody can win at Kentucky, it's easy.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs 60 million offer gets declined. LOL 60 million?!?!

https://mobile.twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/476068203043774464

Hambombs,

I'll give you props as one of more knowledgeable posters on here, but there's nothing in this link that confirms a $60 million dollar offer. I also google searched Steve Kerr's name and still nothing.

Look, I know some of you think you're taking the "high road" by siding with LeBron and trashing the Cavs organization, but at least get your sources straight. Honestly, I don't even think LeBron holds any beef with the Cavs at this point no being four years into the past.

I would like to see LeBron return to Cleveland and work with a talented, though inexperienced nucleus. That being said, it would also make sense if he's opt in to his player option with Miami and see how their management retools their supporting cast around the Big 3.