• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we lose the series.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying we will. If they can come back tomorrow and win, it's a winnable series.

But, seriously. I don't want to hear about signing more offensive players until they sign a true ace.

I'm getting tired of waiting on these youngsters to perform. Too much inconsistency.

I dont know if Darvish is the answer, but surely Nolan and Daniels will figure out something.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping CC and the yankees part ways.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not saying we will. If they can come back tomorrow and win, it's a winnable series.

But, seriously. I don't want to hear about signing more offensive players until they sign a true ace.

I'm getting tired of waiting on these youngsters to perform. Too much inconsistency.

I dont know if Darvish is the answer, but surely Nolan and Daniels will figure out something.

Agreed!! It really ridiculous that we havent had a pitcher pitch past the 6th inning....for the entire alcs and world series.

Something else too. Hamilton, and I really hate to say this because I think that guy lays it all out and plays harder than anyone, but it's so obvious he just can't stay healthy. I don't see how after next year signing him again is a smart move.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed!! It really ridiculous that we havent had a pitcher pitch past the 6th inning....for the entire alcs and world series.

Something else too. Hamilton, and I really hate to say this because I think that guy lays it all out and plays harder than anyone, but it's so obvious he just can't stay healthy. I don't see how after next year signing him again is a smart move.

I hate to say it because I love everything about him when he is healthy, but I have been thinking the exact thing. He is going to command a ton of $ that we cannot afford to spend on a guy that can't stay on the field.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it because I love everything about him when he is healthy, but I have been thinking the exact thing. He is going to command a ton of $ that we cannot afford to spend on a guy that can't stay on the field.

His injury history will drive that price down some, hopefully that keeps things reasonable for Texas. I would absolutely love to re-sign him, but I wouldn't spend money to sign him if that means not being able to sign a legitimate ace such as CC. With Beltre already on a long-term deal, and Napoli acting like he wants to come back I think we can fill his void if he leaves if we don't lose any others. Cruz and Beltre are capable of putting up the same type of offensive numbers.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
His injury history will drive that price down some, hopefully that keeps things reasonable for Texas. I would absolutely love to re-sign him, but I wouldn't spend money to sign him if that means not being able to sign a legitimate ace such as CC. With Beltre already on a long-term deal, and Napoli acting like he wants to come back I think we can fill his void if he leaves if we don't lose any others. Cruz and Beltre are capable of putting up the same type of offensive numbers.

He is signed thru next year, correct?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like our odds...I think CJ will turn around, I've grown confident in Colby on the road.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is exactly why you don't throw away kids with #1 starter stuff to play retread veterans like the Rangers have done over and over and over again for many years. The last two years are the only times they've ever actually gotten it right and yet, Ranger fans just want to throw that all away at the first sign of trouble. Good grief.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is exactly why you don't throw away kids with #1 starter stuff to play retread veterans like the Rangers have done over and over and over again for many years. The last two years are the only times they've ever actually gotten it right and yet, Ranger fans just want to throw that all away at the first sign of trouble. Good grief.

Most don't, but some do. I think most here recognize what Holland and Harrison will likely become in 1-2 years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most don't, but some do. I think most here recognize what Holland and Harrison will likely become in 1-2 years.

True. Keep CJ and let him keep working as the #1, Alexi as #2, Holland and Harry as 3/4, and Lewis as 5 while the younger guys work every 5th day in AAA. Lewis is really good, but I have him as the #5 next year just because he isn't much longer for the league. He has miles on the arm and the least amount of upside. Good pitcher, good guy, nearing the end of his starting career though.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pitching isn't that bad last night Holland was great game 3 that was a different story,

If you didn't have good pitching do you really think the Rangers would be in the series right now?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way, the Rangers will be looking for a replacement starter (either for CJ or Colby, preferably Colby). if CC opts out, even thou the Rangers have said they wouldn't be interested, he will be their 1st target and then they could look at Darvish, Buerhle or one of the upper level free starters.

and then there's the 1st base issue. personally i like Moreland but i think he's overwhelmed by the big league pitching and the Rangers may seriously look to bring in a free agent 1st baseman. you will probably laugh but i see them making a serious offer to Pujols.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way, the Rangers will be looking for a replacement starter (either for CJ or Colby, preferably Colby). if CC opts out, even thou the Rangers have said they wouldn't be interested, he will be their 1st target and then they could look at Darvish, Buerhle or one of the upper level free starters.

and then there's the 1st base issue. personally i like Moreland but i think he's overwhelmed by the big league pitching and the Rangers may seriously look to bring in a free agent 1st baseman. you will probably laugh but i see them making a serious offer to Pujols.

I think they let the serious money go to Pujols and Fielder, and then get a good solid 1B with a big bat at the second tier money level. Luckily two big money FA's at a position that we could stand to improve this year. So a bidding war can get both guys, then still good hitters left that will cost less.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they let the serious money go to Pujols and Fielder, and then get a good solid 1B with a big bat at the second tier money level. Luckily two big money FA's at a position that we could stand to improve this year. So a bidding war can get both guys, then still good hitters left that will cost less.

that is a possibility but i think they at least take a shot at Pujols.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have zero interest in FAs. TEX got lucky with Beltre.

Sabathia isn't leaving NY. Pujols isn't leaving STL. Fielder isn't leaving MIL. And in any case hitting is not TEX issue ... it is pitching. Anyone who still thinks that hitting is an issue needs to go back and check out the history of TEX success to this point.

I'd try to resign CJ ... but if TEX doesn't it isn't like there aren't SP prospects in the pipeline to replace him. I'm not interested in Darvish other than to drive up the price to deal with him. To me he is just another overhyped AAAA level Japanese league pitcher. The best Japanese league pitcher to come to the MLB in the past five years (at least) is Colby Lewis. TEX has at least two SP prospects at AAA level ready for their shot. Whether CJ stays or not is not worth worrying about.

Everyone just needs to settle down ... everything is fine.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero interest in FAs. TEX got lucky with Beltre.

Sabathia isn't leaving NY. Pujols isn't leaving STL. Fielder isn't leaving MIL. And in any case hitting is not TEX issue ... it is pitching. Anyone who still thinks that hitting is an issue needs to go back and check out the history of TEX success to this point.

I'd try to resign CJ ... but if TEX doesn't it isn't like there aren't SP prospects in the pipeline to replace him. I'm not interested in Darvish other than to drive up the price to deal with him. To me he is just another overhyped AAAA level Japanese league pitcher. The best Japanese league pitcher to come to the MLB in the past five years (at least) is Colby Lewis. TEX has at least two SP prospects at AAA level ready for their shot. Whether CJ stays or not is not worth worrying about.

Everyone just needs to settle down ... everything is fine.

so replace a starter with 16 wins and only 2 years as a starter with a kid who hasn't faced ML hitters. Do you expect him to cover CJ's 16 wins? and he becomes the # 5 pitcher on the roster so who takes over as the #1? Ogando who ran out of gas 2/3rds of the way thru the season, Holland, who can throw a gem like last night and then give up 5 runs in the 1st inning the next, Harrison, who is barely more capable than Ogando or the homerun king, Colby Lewis.

the Rangers have to commit totally to resigning CJ or go after a top flight free agent starter to fill his spot. and then if you are set on bringing up 1 of the kids then the most logical pitcher to let walk is Colby.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if not Pujols, then how about Casey Kotchman?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Hamilton actually delivered the game-winning hit last night. Nap gets all the glory, but Josh came through with the biggest hit. He scorched 2 balls last night (the double and line out to CF). I think he's figuring out how to produce despite the injury. He's had some big hits this postseason, despite the injury. We might not be here without the 2-run single in game 4 of the ALDS. The beauty of the Rangers team is that they're deep and talented, which means one single guy won't make the difference every time (doesn't have to), but we rely on multiple guys - each to step up when others are unable. The dynamic of the line-up would be totally different without Josh Hamilton and even Michael Young (for all his postseason troubles). Injuries are a part of the game. If we don't sign Hamilton because of injuries, we should let Cruz go too (that would stupid). You don't let premium talent go, especially when premium talent meshes well with the rest of the team chemistry-wise.

I think we have to keep this whole team intact moving forward at least for 2 more years. Guys that will be replaceable in about 2 years would be Andrus (only because of Profar), MY (because there should be cheaper DH options), Torrealba (should be able to behind another solid back-up C), and CF since it's reserved for Martin. I love Murph, but he's probably gone for a much deserved starting spot somewhere else at some point.