• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If not the big splash at 1B then how about

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sign Derek Lee to 1 year deal to platoon with Mitch? He's old but still pretty darn solid at the plate. I'm not sure about his defense though. Thoughts?

Also, the more I think about it the more I'd like to see the Rangers let CJ go (if he's asking for anything more than $15m a year) and get Mark Buehrle. This has proven he's a solid starter and good post season performer.

Also, how about try to take a flyer on Matt Capps and get him cheap. He's a guy that has experience as a closer and would be a nice set-up/insurance guy in the bullpen in case Feliz can't bounce back and Adams struggles.

This would alow the Rangers to either stand pat or get better without damaging the chances of resiging the core. Also, this provides the team with a much better chance (offering of prospects) to make a trade for Shields or Cain.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Scratch off Matt Capps. I didn't realize he was a type A FA. I thought he was a type B.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to look at Buerle, but hope we keep CJ as long as he doesn't want more than $12-$14M.

I think we are ok with closer. We have Feliz or Adams. Both could do it. I really don't see us making many moves in FA. Not unless we get crazy and go after a Shields type guy that guts the high minors or takes a position player off our MLB roster.