• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Maryland beats tOSU this week

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, BB, dad will say OSU has great coaches, their secondary woes were caused by Cinci having a really good passing game. Their loss to VPI was caused by Bud Foster's defense, not any weakness in their own defense.

Ohhh...

I guess Michigan St had a great passing game last year?

Too funny...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible after the VTech loss, but I don't see it happening. The Buckeyes are looking a lot better on offense. The "D" got exposed on 3 or 4 deep routes. The secondary and especially the safeties need to step it up. Not too worried about it as UC was the first passing team TOSU faced this season so they were likely going to learn a lot about their play.

TOSU 34
Maryland 24

In my heart of hearts I hope tOSU wins on a last second FG and the kicker flinches just before the snap and nothing gets called :whistle:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh...

I guess Michigan St had a great passing game last year?

Too funny...

MSU has a hell of a team, AND a hell of a coach, BB, PLUS I was told BY YOU just a few weeks ago, that last year is over and done with, and not to mention it, strange how you arbitrarily change your rules.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU has a hell of a team, AND a hell of a coach, BB, PLUS I was told BY YOU just a few weeks ago, that last year is over and done with, and not to mention it, strange how you arbitrarily change your rules.

MSU is a hell of a team. But, they did not have a strong passing team last year.

It is strange how I change my rules... I didn't even know I made any rules...

YOU claim WVU's failure last year was due TOTALLY to POOR COACHING. You never want to address the lack of depth and experience.

tOSU struggled with its pass defense last year... and it looks to be struggling this year... due to the same reasons. Youth and inexperience.

The same thing which affected WVU the last couple of years.

The same thing which affected BAMA last year and this year.

So... I guess my rule change... or exception to the bb rule... would be if the same factors affect the performance of a team from one year to the next... it is a good argument, and one that should be mentioned.

Claiming that ISU was a lousy team this year because they lost to a top ranked FCS team this year... and claiming that a loss to them last year was made even more embarrassing because of our loss to them last year... would be a joke...

That is according to the bb rule...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU is a hell of a team. But, they did not have a strong passing team last year.

It is strange how I change my rules... I didn't even know I made any rules...

YOU claim WVU's failure last year was due TOTALLY to POOR COACHING. You never want to address the lack of depth and experience.

tOSU struggled with its pass defense last year... and it looks to be struggling this year... due to the same reasons. Youth and inexperience.

The same thing which affected WVU the last couple of years.

The same thing which affected BAMA last year and this year.

So... I guess my rule change... or exception to the bb rule... would be if the same factors affect the performance of a team from one year to the next... it is a good argument, and one that should be mentioned.

Claiming that ISU was a lousy team this year because they lost to a top ranked FCS team this year... and claiming that a loss to them last year was made even more embarrassing because of our loss to them last year... would be a joke...

That is according to the bb rule...

Gotcha, only BB knows football, last year doesn't count unless BB says it does, it is not bad to lose to a 3-9 team AT HOME when leading by 24 in the second half if your name is Dana , it is aok for a B12 team to lose to a 1AA team, but it is reason to ridicule a BE or AAC team. If you were not embarrassed by the two season ending losses last year, you ain't no real Mountie

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha, only BB knows football, last year doesn't count unless BB says it does, it is not bad to lose to a 3-9 team AT HOME when leading by 24 in the second half if your name is Dana , it is aok for a B12 team to lose to a 1AA team, but it is reason to ridicule a BE or AAC team. If you were not embarrassed by the two season ending losses last year, you ain't no real Mountie

Are you really defending your post about ISU after they lost to NDSU?

:omg:

Only you would attempt to denigrate WVU in such a bizarre manner.

So, you make the rules on what it is to be a real Mountie? :lame:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no defense necessary, no B12 team should lose to ANY 1AA team EVER. Do you not remember the ridicule heaped upon Michigan when they lost to multiple 1AA national champion App St? Are you saying the B12 is expected and should accept losing to 1AA teams, but the B11 is that much better?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no defense necessary, no B12 team should lose to ANY 1AA team EVER. Do you not remember the ridicule heaped upon Michigan when they lost to multiple 1AA national champion App St? Are you saying the B12 is expected and should accept losing to 1AA teams, but the B11 is that much better?

That is your defense?

DAD... you attempted to belittle your favorite team earlier this season by referring... once again... to the loss to ISU in last year's season finale. You felt ISU was lousy last year. You wanted to use ISU's loss to NDSU ... this season... as further proof to support your stance that LAST YEAR'S ISU team was indeed lousy.

Gotta give you credit...one of your best troll attemps of all time.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your defense?

DAD... you attempted to belittle your favorite team earlier this season by referring... once again... to the loss to ISU in last year's season finale. You felt ISU was lousy last year. You wanted to use ISU's loss to NDSU ... this season... as further proof to support your stance that LAST YEAR'S ISU team was indeed lousy.

Gotta give you credit...one of your best troll attemps of all time.

:wtf2: Iowa state is one of the worst teams in college football, any attempt to justify WVU losing to them is purely foolish. And yes, last year's results ARE a predictor of this year's teams strength. And I stand by that it shows how lousy ANY "power five" team that loses to ANY 1AA team is. WVU should NEVER lose to Kansas or Iowa state, they are both bottom feeders, FAR below the level of WVU. strange that a guy who harps about a road loss to Colorado six years ago so easily accepts a home meltdown against Iowa state.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland is going to get up for this game.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2: Iowa state is one of the worst teams in college football, any attempt to justify WVU losing to them is purely foolish. And yes, last year's results ARE a predictor of this year's teams strength. And I stand by that it shows how lousy ANY "power five" team that loses to ANY 1AA team is. WVU should NEVER lose to Kansas or Iowa state, they are both bottom feeders, FAR below the level of WVU. strange that a guy who harps about a road loss to Colorado six years ago so easily accepts a home meltdown against Iowa state.

DAD... quit trying to change your argument. No one is trying to justify last year's loss to ISU.

KSU lost to NDSU last year. It would be foolish to claim KSU ended up a lousy team at season's end.

Last year's loss to ISU was not made worse because ISU lost to NDSU this year.

That was the picture you tried to paint. It is a ridiculous argument and you look foolish trying to spin it differently. Just stop...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD... quit trying to change your argument. No one is trying to justify last year's loss to ISU.

KSU lost to NDSU last year. It would be foolish to claim KSU ended up a lousy team at season's end.

Last year's loss to ISU was not made worse because ISU lost to NDSU this year.

That was the picture you tried to paint. It is a ridiculous argument and you look foolish trying to spin it differently. Just stop...

YOU are the one changing YOUR argument......... :lame:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OSU wins this thing big, Maryland IMO does not have the talent to keep up IMO. I also think OSU will wear them down.

OSU 45
UMD 25

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, does every thread have to turn into an "Attack Dad" thread? Really bores the hell outta me. He was saying nothing to cause it - so others post things to stir the pot.... Like being in Jr. High again :doh: We all know his opinions and we all know others. Please - let's not rehash what we already know in every freaking thread.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I live to be 100, I'll not get on Holgorsen's wagon, I do not like him, nor do I like Huggins. I do not think either one is a real quality guy who should be the face of WVU.

But isn't Huggins a WV grad?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't Huggins a WV grad?

Sadly, yes, he seems to have completely lost control of the program, he gets kids here, but they wont stay. I don't know exactly what is going on, but he just cant keep kids on campus. I think part of it is that at UC, he could get the inner city kids in school, and they were right in their environment, he is still recruiting many inner city kids, bringing them to small town Morgantown, and the kids are out of their element so they bail out.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, does every thread have to turn into an "Attack Dad" thread? Really bores the hell outta me. He was saying nothing to cause it - so others post things to stir the pot.... Like being in Jr. High again We all know his opinions and we all know others. Please - let's not rehash what we already know in every freaking thread.

I was only commenting about the comments about North Dakota State and Iowa State. NDS throttled IS and then IS beat a 4-1 Iowa team. To lump NDS with other FCS schools is a little misleading because of their past success against FBS programs. I firmly believe that NDS could be competitive if they were a member of the Mountain West conference.

Last edited by a moderator:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FBS teams should stop scheduling North Dakota State - CBSSports.com

Just adding a little fuel to the fire...Even though they're a FCS school, NDS has a pretty damn good program these days

But was not multi year div 1AA champion Appy State a pretty good team and program as well, when they beat Michigan and the entire B11 was ridiculed for it?????? Were people not screaming for a coaches head when WVU had to rally back and play overtime to beat Marshall a few years ago, a really good mid major program? How about JMU, also a championship 1AA team that beat VPI, was not VPI and the entire ACC ridiculed? I get a certain amount of homerism, but some WVU fans are beginning to act like fans of SEC teams, I wonder how long before we see fans carrying B12 flags and signs into the games..........:noidea: