• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Maryland beats tOSU this week

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 14 freshmen and rs freshmen on osus two deep, including four starters, per ourlads, look a little closer.

Read my post again. I said starters. Didn't mention anything about backups (2 deep) or place kickers. They have ZERO starting TRUE freshman starting, according to the referenced website. It seems that you are focused on discrediting certain posters comments.

Ohio State Buckeyes Depth Chart
3-1 (Overall)0-0 (Conf.)Standing: (East)
Big 10 (East) | Columbus, OH | Stadium: Ohio Stadium (102329) | Surface: FieldTurf
Head Coach: Urban Meyer | Offensive Schemes: PRO STYLE SPREAD | Defensive Schemes: MULTIPLE

MAIN MENU
PLAYER SEARCH
NUMERIC ROSTER
ALPHA ROSTER
SCHEDULE
STATS
Updated: 10/04/2014 11:25AM
Pos No Player 1 No Player 2 No Player 3 No Player 4 No Player 5
OFFENSE
WR 6 Spencer, Evan SR/3 84 Smith, Corey RS JR
WR 83 Thomas, Michael RS SO/1 9 Smith, Devin SR/3 89 Greene, Jeff SR
LT 68 Decker, Taylor JR/2 66 Dodson, Kyle RS SO
LG 54 Price, Billy RS FR 51 Hale, Joel SR/3
C 50 Boren, Jacoby JR/1 65 Elflein, Pat RS SO/1 73 Underwood, Antonio RS JR/2
RG 65 Elflein, Pat RS SO/1 57 Farris, Chase RS JR/2
RT 76 Baldwin, Darryl RS SR/3 57 Farris, Chase RS JR/2
TE 86 Heuerman, Jeff SR/3 81 Vannett, Nick RS JR/2 85 Baugh, Marcus RS FR
QB 16 Barrett, J.T. RS FR 12 Jones, Cardale RS SO
RB 15 Elliott, Ezekiel SO/1 7 Smith, Rod RS SR/3 4 Samuel , Curtis FR
H-B 1 Wilson, Dontre SO/1 17 Marshall, Jalin RS FR 80 Brown, Noah FR
DEFENSE
DE 97 Bosa, Joey SO/1 59 Lewis, Tyquan RS FR
DT 92 Washington, Adolphus JR/2 52 Munger, Donovan RS FR
DT 63 Bennett, Michael SR/3 90 Schutt, Tommy JR/2 77 Hill, Michael RS FR
DE 88 Miller, Steve SR/3 94 Frazier, Rashad RS SR
WLB 37 Perry, Joshua JR2 33 Booker, Dante FR
MLB 14 Grant, Curtis SR/3 5 McMillan, Raekwon FR 55 Williams, Camren JR/2
SLB 43 Lee, Darron SO 35 Worley, Chris RS FR 38 Fada, Craig JR
CB 13 Apple, Eli RS FR 19 Conley, Gareon RS FR
SAF 23 Powell, Tyvis SO/1 20 Tanner, Ron RS JR/2 1 Smith, Erick FR
SAF 6 Bell, Vonn SO/1 16 Burrows, Cam SO
CB 12 Grant, Doran SR/3 26 Reeves, Armani JR/2
NCB 26 Reeves, Armani JR/2
SPECIAL TEAMS
P 95 Johnston, Cameron SO/1 96 Nuernberger, Sean FR
PK 96 Nuernberger, Sean FR 39 Clinton, Kyle RS SR
LS 41 Haynes, Bryce RS JR/2
H 95 Johnston, Cameron SO/1 15 Morgan, Luke SO
PR 1 Wilson, Dontre SO/1 17 Marshall, Jalin RS FR
KR 1 Wilson, Dontre SO/1 17 Marshall, Jalin RS FR
RESERVES
SUS 8 Spence, Noah JR/2
INJ 5 Miller, Braxton SR/3/INJ

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly how did Stewart and Mullens demonstrate that they learned from their mistakes?

That's why they both are no longer there. I expect the same for DeForrest.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad, everything mentioned about WVUs problems have focussed on depth, everything said by those saying the cupboard was bare are talking starters AND the #2 player at each position, their claim is having a freshman as backup is too much of a drop off in talent. Hence, the two deep roster is the valid thing to look at.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad, everything mentioned about WVUs problems have focussed on depth, everything said by those saying the cupboard was bare are talking starters AND the #2 player at each position, their claim is having a freshman as backup is too much of a drop off in talent. Hence, the two deep roster is the valid thing to look at.

I am 1/4 of the 4 you point out. Would you agree that last year we played a lot of true freshmen on the defense side of the ball over the last 2 seasons? Do you agree that a RS Fresh is essentially a 2nd year player?

As mentioned a million and one times, who were the backups to Tavon, Steadman, Nields, Irvin, etc? If the previous recruiting classes were filled, there may have been the next The One. Instead, we had to go JUCO at many positions to fill the gap. It took Kevin White an extra year to develop. You're going to think that I'm attacking Stew, but I would bet, without looking, that the quality of players recruited and brought in by Ohio State far exceeded the players that we brought in during Stew's tenure. Remember, I said brought in (meaning that are playing for the team). The talent level is better at OSU, but from what guys like DC, Gold, & Cool Beans post about the recruiting classes, I believe our talent level has vastly improved over the years.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say a red shirt freshmans red shirt year may count as maybe a quarter of a year, they get strength training, some practice, and no game time. Can you not admit that urban Mayer is a better coach then Holgorsen, and just may be able to teach kids better? Oh that's right, starting your head coach career at a MAC school and working up is not how you do it, you run out and hire a hot name coordinator at top dollar, THAT is the way to success ......... we're there spots left open in the past, yes, was there bailouts with the coaching change, yes, but in year four of this coach, it is absolutely ridiculous to be still harping about a perceived lack of talent, trying to use a lack of talent to excuse the inability to compete with Kansas and IAST, saying that in game eleven of the season THAT a freshman should still be an excuse, as I've said, I see SOME improvement in Holgorsen, but there are still glaring errors in each game, the same errors in game after game.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say a red shirt freshmans red shirt year may count as maybe a quarter of a year, they get strength training, some practice, and no game time. Can you not admit that urban Mayer is a better coach then Holgorsen, and just may be able to teach kids better? Oh that's right, starting your head coach career at a MAC school and working up is not how you do it, you run out and hire a hot name coordinator at top dollar, THAT is the way to success ......... we're there spots left open in the past, yes, was there bailouts with the coaching change, yes, but in year four of this coach, it is absolutely ridiculous to be still harping about a perceived lack of talent, trying to use a lack of talent to excuse the inability to compete with Kansas and IAST, saying that in game eleven of the season THAT a freshman should still be an excuse, as I've said, I see SOME improvement in Holgorsen, but there are still glaring errors in each game, the same errors in game after game.

Man, to be an engineer, I cannot for the life of me see where you use logic or information that you actually have to be proven. You gloss over items you bring up and in mid-stream change the topic of conversation to something that doesn't even bolster you statements.

I feel that a RS Fresh gets more than 1/4 year. That player, as long as he is healthy and not doing extensive rehab, does everything another player does except for game experience.

Your next comment are the types of statements that floor me. I wrote in my post on how great of a coach Meyers is and that I hope that DH can achieve this level. Not sure what you're attempting to prove or what more I can say. Read the original post best sums it up.

I'm not sure what your hang up is about WVU hiring an OC versus a HC from the MAC? What is the big difference. You but a lot of stock on being a HC before going to a bigger school. I can live with the growing pains as long as I see improvement. If WVU went with your theory, then Dandy Don and Bobby Bowden would not have been hired. Where they not assistants prior to being hired here. Your theory was applied when Stew was HC. How did that go? Was he not a HC at some point of his career? Why couldn't he recruit better? Time management? Why did he get a NCAA violation if he had the experience as a HC and should have known better. Maybe Dana learned his clock management skills from Stew, for all I know. The only coach that I wondered why WVU didn't hire was Butch Jones. I couldn't care less about the others who came through. Personally felt that DH was hired not only because, as you say was a hot shot, but also because he knew the talent level and overall play of the Big 12.

You still harp on stuff from last year. The loss to ISt and Kansas was embarrassing but I understood how it happened. Those 2 losses were no more embarrassing than 13-9. Depending on your engineering discipline, even you should know about design and preventive maintenance. RR had the design for his offense and Stew could not do the preventive maintenance (recruiting) to keep RR's program, let alone design his own team in his image through recruiting. DH now what he wants and has the blue prints for it. I saw how it works by watching the Orange Bowl. I see what could happen when equipment is not maintained (Stews inability to recruit) and things are falling apart around you. By the way, there were more than 1 Freshman being cycled through the lineup at any given time. You had Freshman backing up Freshmen.

What I used to dislike about DH (in no particular order)- sideline antics; play selection while attempting to run out the clock (nothing to do with time outs); and at times, throwing kids under the bus. Today, I like his sideline demeanor, haven't seen him throw any kids under the bus, and his play calling will never please me all the time. Needs to get the special team together and have the team come out and play in the second half.

Now that I feel that you are recycling your posts from the CBS days and are arguing for the sake of arguing, I am going to attempt to refrain from addressing your posts. This stuff is really old and you need to move on. Your replies always center around Luck (because he was getting rid of Stew), DH (because he replaced Stew), the Fearsome Foursome (because we stopped supporting Stew sometime into his 3rd season - your "man of integrity" and the ones who started hating Stew from the get go are no longer here) and the 2 losses from last year. Hopefully, a lot of posters on this site realize what you are about and stop addressing you nonsense. I know one poster who will not because he finds you entertaining. I have to admit, most of it is entertaining, especially when I attempt to figure out how you are going to say next to get out of the BS statement you make.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to not respond, fine. THEN DON'T . When I post in a game thread about a particular play call I do not like, or about seconds waisted at the end of a half, or about ongoing ST issues, you, and the other three members of your little thread police quartet, PLEASE do refrain from comparisons to another coaches third game. I would like nothing better than for you to stop responding, because all the four of you do is try and belittle the past in a sad attempt to excuse poor coaching today.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLUS, my remarks about Holgorsen are football related, I speak of play calling, I speak of special teams play, I speak of clock management, I speak of second half effort. I have spoke to Holgorsen's playboy reputation, and do not think he is a real quality guy, but my main beefs with him are on the field. The CBS posters who talked about Stewart did NOT talk about football, they spoke of facial expressions, they spoke of bowel habits, they spoke of how they hated folksie sayings, they spoke of country accents. The only time I heard football related talk about Stewart was about clock management in the Colorado game, and one poster on CBS harping over and over about how easy it is to coach out fumbles..........Do you not see a HUGE difference???

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were plenty of threads about Stewart's abilities as a football coach. How he turned a Corvette into a Chevette. How he kept changing the identity of the football team. How he kept playing guys despite their tendency to fumble. Why he couldn't pick up a 3rd and 1.....over....and over....and over again.

Funny how you don't seem to remember those discussions....

Selective memory you have.....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even funnier is that you cant read what is right before your eyes right now.............
Selective viewing, I guess............

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were plenty of threads about Stewart's abilities as a football coach. How he turned a Corvette into a Chevette. How he kept changing the identity of the football team. How he kept playing guys despite their tendency to fumble. Why he couldn't pick up a 3rd and 1.....over....and over....and over again.

Funny how you don't seem to remember those discussions....

Selective memory you have.....

Simply amazing, isn't it. Hell, I can't believe you anyways, you're part of the Four.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply amazing, isn't it. Hell, I can't believe you anyways, you're part of the Four.

The quartet! How freaking juvenile!