• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF Jackson is gone, who's the next Coach?

If Jackson doesn't come back.. who will it be?

• Stan Van Gundy

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Lionel Hollins

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Steve Kerr

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Mo Cheeks

• Random College Coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gary St. Jean / Current Dubs assistant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and foremost, I want Jackson to return. He's doing a solid job this year and last year. Folks have short memories.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and foremost, I want Jackson to return. He's doing a solid job this year and last year. Folks have short memories.

First and foremost, he is the main thing holding the Warriors back. That said, I hope they have someone better lined up before they let him go and don't just fire him to be firing him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the available, Stan Van Gundy, and it's not even close. Our roster resembles a team that Van Gundy took to the finals. He's the only one with the experience and pedigree to take this team to the next level.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the available, Stan Van Gundy, and it's not even close. Our roster resembles a team that Van Gundy took to the finals. He's the only one with the experience and pedigree to take this team to the next level.

What about this cat Hoiberg I keep hearing about? Don't know if he'd be ready for a grumpy locker room full of professional, rather than college players.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about this cat Hoiberg I keep hearing about? Don't know if he'd be ready for a grumpy locker room full of professional, rather than college players.

Hoiberg has done a great job as a college coach, but I'm always wary of bringing one in. Kevin Ollie is another name that is being floated out there too. Both of those guys were former NBA players so they know what an NBA locker room is like. Both of them I think would be able to get the guys in there behind them, but I just haven't seen enough of either of them to form a solid opinion. Ollie just won the national championship with U-Conn. Hoiberg had Iowa State playing very well.

If given the option between all 3 (Ollie, Hoiberg & Van Gundy), I'm definitely rolling with Stan. Ollie would be my next choice because not only did he win the championship in the NCAA but he was an assistant under Coach Calhoun for many years. He's got the coaching experience I believe we need.

Last edited by a moderator:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Woj and Amick, Jackson is gone.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might wanna wait & see what happens with the Clips. I'll bet at this point, Rivers has a legit right to get out of his contract. Maybe he comes north on 5.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Jackson out as coach of Golden State Warriors - ESPN

Just a complete dumb knee jerk move by the front office.

Be prepared for a few other moves......and the inevitable disgruntled players voicing their concern.
Hopefully they don't name assistant coach Lindsey Hunter as a lame stop gap attempt or to placate the base.

I can only hope Phil Jackson now has him on the short list of candidates to coach the Knicks.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, I really don't know how to respond to this.

Jackson will go on to LAL, NYK, or another place and do well.

You don't know what you have until its gone.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoiberg has done a great job as a college coach, but I'm always wary of bringing one in. Kevin Ollie is another name that is being floated out there too. Both of those guys were former NBA players so they know what an NBA locker room is like. Both of them I think would be able to get the guys in there behind them, but I just haven't seen enough of either of them to form a solid opinion. Ollie just won the national championship with U-Conn. Hoiberg had Iowa State playing very well.

If given the option between all 3 (Ollie, Hoiberg & Van Gundy), I'm definitely rolling with Stan. Ollie would be my next choice because not only did he win the championship in the NCAA but he was an assistant under Coach Calhoun for many years. He's got the coaching experience I believe we need.

I would think that that would be their main selling point since both can coach bsaketball. Ollie was always the locker room leader type with every team he was with as I recall. Don't remember much about Hoiberg except that he could shoot.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be prepared for a few other moves......and the inevitable disgruntled players voicing their concern.
Hopefully they don't name assistant coach Lindsey Hunter as a lame stop gap attempt or to placate the base.

I can only hope Phil Jackson now has him on the short list of candidates to coach the Knicks.

Sounds like you are upset because Kerr will probably rather come here than NY.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you have no clue as to what you're talking about....

:lol: at "upset"

I think the Knicks happen to be in a place where either would be a great fit.

No, I think I've got you pegged.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol......try again, sally.

You don't even have yourself pegged.

* Small wonder you're the pariah on the niners'& giants' boards...(fans of your teams don't even like you)

Stay clueless, dude....... you do that the best.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, if you're a Knicks fan and want Jackson to be your coach, I can only laugh. :laugh3:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why do people keep saying Jackson is gonna go to the Lakers or Knicks and do great things? Have you guys even looked at those rosters? He's not a miracle worker. He ain't doing squat with those teams.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, if you're a Knicks fan and want Jackson to be your coach, I can only laugh. :laugh3:

If that's all you got, then the only thing I'll add to that is....I've probably forgotten more about NBA hoops, than you'll ever know or even hope to learn.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson will get another job in no time. Teams like Detroit and Utah should take a serious look at Jackson. From your list, I would pick Stan. However, Stan is a defensive coach so it will be a huge change in our game. I like Jerry Sloan!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson will get another job in no time. Teams like Detroit and Utah should take a serious look at Jackson. From your list, I would pick Stan. However, Stan is a defensive coach so it will be a huge change in our game. I like Jerry Sloan!!

How do you figure?...top 5 defense this year...

This year the offense was the primary culprit in why they didn't do better (along with badly timed injuries of course)...