• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If its broke, lets fix it. OUTSIDERS:GTFO

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jo-Lunn Dunbar is reportedly going to be signed in the next two weeks. The story is by the Yardbarker. Perhaps Witherspoon's days are numbered because he and Finnegan were yanked in the Niners game for supposedly "leg" injuries but I think Fisher may just have had about enough of this BS play he is seeing on his defense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Use the money saved from Finnegan to go after a RB and S. Im not sure who is out there but there should be plenty to choose from

RB: Joique Bell (RFA), Ben Tate
S: Byrd, Ward, Whitner, Pollard, MAdams, SBrown, Clemons, Ihedigbo, Meriweather

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemmons salary is 1 year for $870,000, 30,000 is guaranteed. Cut his ass and we eat $30,000. Skelton is a FA so he can sign for any amount with any team who is willing to pay him whatever. You lose a 6-2, 220lb clipboard holder and get a 6-5, 250lb QB who could start because he was pretty good here in Phoenix. He has one helluva an arm and he is way more accurate than Clemons.

He lost his job because he had the same problem as Sammie. No O-line and one very good WR who people double-teamed and isolated. The one dimension was taken away and Skelton and the offensive production dwindled. I'd sign this guy if I were Snead and dump Clemmons.

I just found that......Skelton will sign with the 49ers, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports........The ink hasn't been put to paper just yet, but Skelton will reportedly head to San Francisco, likely to serve as the top backup behind Colin Kaepernick.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found that......Skelton will sign with the 49ers, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports........The ink hasn't been put to paper just yet, but Skelton will reportedly head to San Francisco, likely to serve as the top backup behind Colin Kaepernick.

quick hide it before retro sees it :S

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry REd_Chaos. I saw that story this morning. He is going to be a good back-up and we screwed the pooch again by letting him get signed by a division rival.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Skelton signed with the Niners, are they gonna let Colt McCoy go then??

Now if we are discussing future QB's that can be had in the draft, my suggestion is focus on the SEC guys NOT named Manziel. Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron, Zach Mettenberger and (to an extent) Conner Shaw have all won big games and have big time talent. Any of those guys would be perfect to push Bradford and possibly even overtake him. We may need to use the 2nd round pick to get one of them.

So let's say we go OT and WR in round 1 ( Matthews or Lewan and Brandon Coleman, Mike Evans or Jordan Matthews) then QB in Round 2 and 2 DB's in rounds 3 and 4 (1 S and 1 CB)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the approach for Rob Ryan. I understand and respect his reasons for coaching elsewhere. Our coverage schemes are too vanilla under Walton. You can argue about how often we send non-DL after the QB but my issue is the scheme. I know we have a rookie and a 1-year special-teamer at S. I know we have rookies at LB. Regardless of that we can't give WRs that much room at the line of scrimmage and we have to jump some routes using zones or DBs over the top. 1 pick from Johnson and 2 drops by Laurinaitis aren't enough from 4 games. Apologies for any defensive plays i'm neglecting or forgetting.

Nope, Fastforward, you are spot on. But Walton does not know how to use his personnel except to be in a perpetual prevent defense 100 yards in length having the corners play off the WRs by 10-12 yards and the free safety often playing 20-30 yards deep leaving a huge hole in the middle of the field where most of the big three we faced caught their scoring passes. That is why we need a Lovie Smith right now.
I think Walton is just in over his head a bit. I agree with fast forward on how we are setting up our DB's, that's just way too much cushion. I really think putting Dave McGinnis back in at the play calling duties for now would help Walton grow. Oh and Lovie would be great! I wanted Lovie as our HC back in the day and not Martz but that dude probably would never step back into the DC role in St Louis. That's taking steps backward. He will most likely be a prime candidate next year when the Head Coaching carousel begins at the end of this season. I can see him possibly replacing Coughlin if things don't turn around in NY soon!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will most likely be a prime candidate next year when the Head Coaching carousel begins at the end of this season. I can see him possibly replacing Coughlin if things don't turn around in NY soon!

Or replacing Fisher when he leaves for the University of Spoiled Children!!