• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If its broke, lets fix it. OUTSIDERS:GTFO

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is for discussing changes the rams organization/team need to get out of this rut/hole we are in.

Rules:
1. NO OUTSIDERS. Only rams faithful can post because you will most likely break rule number 2
2. DO NOT POST USELESS SUGGESTIONS. Example I want shitty fired. < You need to state why he needs fired and a replacement with a reason why this replacement would be good for the team.
4. I (Red) will have the right to add to this list of rules if necessary..

Now for actually starting this discussion

we clearly need a change at offensive coordinator, last couple of games have been pitiful, and look what happened when Baltimore made a switch last year. (granted stl needs more than one switch) But it could be a start in a better direction.

Suggestion: Mike Bobo
Ok, so im not great at making suggestions but when was the last time Georgia's offense wasn't that great? He seems get along with his qbs and brings out the best in them. The only problem would be luring him away from his current team.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 yards in the 3rd quarter and that's on the OC? the Defense?

hysterical

It's time for Samantha to go. The boy sux. The defense kept us in games last year and scored TDs. They can't do it forever people. The QB has to step up and get it done. NO running game? Step up. No defense? Step up and score! You have weapons now... Youre in the same system as last year.

OH SAM Will be so much better with his 2nd year in the system.

LMAO

What's the excuse now?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hysterical

It's time for Samantha to go. The boy sux. The defense kept us in games last year and scored TDs. They can't do it forever people. The QB has to step up and get it done. NO running game? Step up. No defense? Step up and score! You have weapons now... Youre in the same system as last year.

LMAO

What's the excuse now?

AGAIN YOU DIDN"T SUGGEST ANYBODY TO REPLACE SAM IF YOUR SO CONFIDENT HE IS THE PROBLEM FOLLOW THE RULES

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is for discussing changes the rams organization/team need to get out of this rut/hole we are in.

Rules:
1. NO OUTSIDERS. Only rams faithful can post because you will most likely break rule number 2
2. DO NOT POST USELESS SUGGESTIONS. Example I want shitty fired. < You need to state why he needs fired and a replacement with a reason why this replacement would be good for the team.
4. I (Red) will have the right to add to this list of rules if necessary.

Now for actually starting this discussion

we clearly need a change at offensive coordinator, last couple of games have been pitiful, and look what happened when Baltimore made a switch last year. (granted stl needs more than one switch) But it could be a start in a better direction.

Suggestion: Mike Bobo
Ok, so im not great at making suggestions but when was the last time Georgia's offense wasn't that great? He seems get along with his qbs and brings out the best in them. The only problem would be luring him away from his current team.

On Defense:
I say move back to defense by committee with Dave Mc Ginnis calling the plays game day, Move Walton to the secondary coach and fire that dude. Walton will also back up as Assistant HC duties on game day.

On Offense:
Abandon the run early on in games put in a three TE set with Harkey or Mc Neil in the backfield to give Sam just a little more time to look deep downfield for Givens, Quick and Tavon all running deep routes in out and out sprints early and often, and actually throw to them often. This can find some PI's, some Int's too that may end up a lot like punts. It will also add the draw to the TE and the underneath stuff to Quick, Pettis and sometimes Cook. Now checking down can get some YAC's by stretching the field and loosening up the defense as well for some later in the game run plays.

hysterical

LMAO

What's the excuse now?
lol2.gif
Junkie, did you read the OP?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two highly paid veterans had terrible games last evening and this is the third in a row for both. That would be Scott Wells and Cortland Finnegan. We are going to suffer more with our Safety problem because McLeod is too inexperienced and Giordano is a complete waste of time. McDonald broke his fibula (Jack Youngblood lower leg break-the smaller bone of the two below the knee) and will be out 8 weeks. The D backfield is going to be sieve for sometime to come with Girodano and McLeod back there with help from Stewart.

The O-line as a whole was beaten badly last evening. Get rid of Wells because of age and he is simply getting beat and manhandled on a regular basis. Both Williams and Dahl also got beat and at times so did Long and Barksdale. The run blocking between the tackles is atrocius. So here is my fix for these problems.

Beginning with the O-line. Start Tim Barnes or Barrett Jones at center. If we are going to be the youngest team in the NFL, lets get these young guys experience ASAP. Sit Wells or release him if we can get away with no cap hit. Pocket the money and begin looking for replacements. Cut Harvey Dahl. His usefulness is pretty much done and he is routinely getting mandhandled in the middle as well. Replace him with Washington or Shelly Smith. Both are bigger and then draft additional replacements next draft beginning with Jake Matthews at tackle.

With the D-backfield, sit Finnegan and start Trumaine Johnson at Corner. Finnegan needs to sit and think about his unbelievably terrible play. Then restructure his contract because the big money has gone to his head. If he continues to play like a girl, cut his ass outright if we can save money without a cap hit. They moved Cody Davis up from the practice squad. Get his ass in there at safety and get him some experience because he hits like McDonald.

Also, since many of the replacements for OC and DC are already under contract with other teams, after the season go after Keven Greene who is a LB's coach in GB as the next DC or Mike Singletary who is not going to survive Leslie Frasier's tenure in Minnesota. However, we don't have to wait till next year. If I was Jeff Fisher, I'd put a phone call to Lovie Smith who is not coaching at all and let him run the D.

With the O-coordinator, go with a fresh approach because either of these choices could not do any worse then numbnuts Shotteneheimer and both know how to matriculate teh ball down the field. Offer the OC position to either Kurt Warner or Marshall Faulk. Or give it to Marshall and hire Kurt Warner to work with Sammie to get the offense into an up-tempo game and show Sam Bradford how to make adjustments and decisions in his head in split seconds instead of doing it by an hour glass.

Both Faulk and Warner would bring in Torry Holt and Isaac Bruse to demonstrate to these young WRs how to play the pro game. Would these changes be immediate? Probably not. It took Vermeil nearly three years to get us to the bowl. So we would have to wait again but I guarantee you our offense would be fun to watch far from that embarrassing abortion we all watched last evening!!!

Counselor Chris

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please read OP before posting again :L

Do I need to list a reason why I want to trade/release Finnegan? No point in listing a reason. Who do I want to trade him for? someone that can play the position?

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to list a reason why I want to trade/release Finnegan? No point in listing a reason. Who do I want to trade him for? someone that can play the position?

Then state somebody we could bring in then or we could trade with

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a list of FA that are out of football that could potentially be players we may bring in at some point or may be not.

At QB: Trent Edwards, Byron Leftwich, and John Skelton (this guy I'd sign and replace Clemons).
At RB: Peyton Hillis and Micheal Turner (Hillis has become a headcase apparently).
At WR: Mahammed Massaquoa, Daniel Fells (was once a Ram) and Jake Ballard.
At OT: Jammal Brown and Jared Gaither. Jason Smith is available. Anyone??? I didn't think so. To think that we wasted a number on on that dufus!!
At Safety: Kerry Rhodes.

Slim Pickins. We are pretty much stuck with the roster we have until the draft.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a list of FA that are out of football that could potentially be players we may bring in at some point or may be not.

At QB: Trent Edwards, Byron Leftwich, and John Skelton (this guy I'd sign and replace Clemons).
At RB: Peyton Hillis and Micheal Turner (Hillis has become a headcase apparently).
At WR: Mahammed Massaquoa, Daniel Fells (was once a Ram) and Jake Ballard.
At OT: Jammal Brown and Jared Gaither. Jason Smith is available. Anyone??? I didn't think so. To think that we wasted a number on on that dufus!!
At Safety: Kerry Rhodes.

Slim Pickins. We are pretty much stuck with the roster we have until the draft.
Yeah......time to start pulling guys off practice is there any way to get Tyler Wilson off Oakland practice squad? He is a little more out spoken than a Bradford and maybe would more of a challenge for him

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have about 6 things Red Chaos but I will start with the most important. Fisher goes to Shotts and tells him what he wants as changes in play calling always need to be made depending on defensive scheme. This is why Shotts need to go or change this season.

Rams can't run, period, call it line, backs or whatever, they can't make a dent in two weeks. So what does Shotts do? Runs a bunch of play action, Really? Or he has Sam in the shotgun waiting for a receiver to get open. Both wrong. The 49ers were rushing 4 maybe 5 at times and overwhelming Bradford in the backfield let alone the sorry ass blocking from Richardson, Starks and Cook.

The fix is easy, the shotgun and passes leaving Bradford's hand in 2 seconds. Crossing routes, hooks, slants and backfield swings only and delivered in 2 seconds. Two primary and 3 decoy. The rush will never get to Sam, the line can block for 2 seconds, it brings the safeties up to support, leaving as the day goes on the stop and go route. You can't run in the NFL, you lose, this way you don't worry about it and it puts the defense on their heals, not in Bradford's face. Fine your biggest back or TE as the H-back or fullback and he takes first defender up the middle and also runs the swings.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
» Over the Cap- NFL Salary Cap Space 2013

or

https://nflplayers.com/reports/RunPublicReport.aspx?report=top51

Either figure might be correct. Bottom line: We don't have room to make the changes people want. We've already spent about $20M of 2014 & 2015 cap space. We're not going to fire a DC after 4 games. The best we can do is figure out what mistakes put us in our current situation and try not to repeat them.

This is pissing into the wind because come March Rams fans will be screaming for the biggest name FA available regardless of cost. When the Draft comes round Rams fans will be screaming for the fastest media-frenzied combine warrior regardless of game tape and positional need.

Ramtim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Organization Leaders

I thought the Rams did well in the off season to help the offense. We have receivers now but the Rams organization then screws Bradford where he has no RB's that are any good. So how can Bradford be comfortable when we can't run the ball at all and he has to pass all the time, he is open game now. I feel for Bradford and he is trying to do it all but when your opponents know this, then everyone else on the team starts to regress. The Rams must go out and find a fking RB who has at least 6 years in the NFL and I don't care where they get him or who he is, just an experienced NFL RB that could help Bradford's mind set.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
» Over the Cap- NFL Salary Cap Space 2013

or

https://nflplayers.com/reports/RunPublicReport.aspx?report=top51

Either figure might be correct. Bottom line: We don't have room to make the changes people want. We've already spent about $20M of 2014 & 2015 cap space. We're not going to fire a DC after 4 games. The best we can do is figure out what mistakes put us in our current situation and try not to repeat them.

This is pissing into the wind because come March Rams fans will be screaming for the biggest name FA available regardless of cost. When the Draft comes round Rams fans will be screaming for the fastest media-frenzied combine warrior regardless of game tape and positional need.

You just hit the nail on the head, We need to create salary CAP space !! How do we do that?? Start with all of the overpaid guys, 1 at a time and say, "Do you want to win?" You need to take a pay cut so we can sign veteran free agent talent. Pretty Simple.....Jake Long, Wells, Finnegan and of course Sam Bradford. Not sure what their #s are the next couple years, but I do know that Sam alone is scheduled 27 mill. IMO he is not worth half of that!!

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO all of these guys are overpaid. None of thes guys have ever made the Pro Bowl. Our salary cap space is the lowest in the league because of these guy high contracts. Its gonna remain this way for the next few years. We can not sign/bring in any quality FA's until the front office creates some new space by either cutting or restructuring. So face it guys this team is going to just rely on the draft for talent. Unless some of these guys change their huge contracts.

James Lauranitas
Courtland Finnegan
Sam Bradford
Chris Long
Scott Wells
Kendal Langford
Jake Long
Harvey Dahl
Jarod Cook

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Blue. One of the problems with our offensive woes is that no defense in the league respects our running game and therefore they know we are going to pass at least 65% (or greater) of the time. So, like in the Dallas, Monte Kiffin had those guys coming every play disregarding the run. Kiffin knew that our run block completely sucks so, he brought 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 guys at a time. For a minute in that game, it looked like Buddy Ryan's old 46 defense.

Since our vertical game is next to non-existent, everyone has then figured out where exactly we are going to pass. And then idiot Shottenheimer plays into this buy calling predictable dump-off, underneath passes nearly 40% of the time.

Is it any wonder that we have been out-scored in the first quarter alone this year 65-16 through four games or routinely had productions like 17 yards in a quarter? They must practice the vertical game and get the ball down the field but none of this will happen until we get a respectable running game and the offensive line begins to block SOMEBODY, ANYBODY!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These suggestions are for the off-season, our two highest paid players need to be gone: Finnegan and Bradford. Finnegan routinely gets burned time after time (Fitz, Julio Jones, etc.) and Bradford is not the answer at QB unless he decides to take a huge paycut (like half of what he makes now) just flat out release him and use the cap space for other positions and depth. With our 2 top ten picks next year get our franchise QB and a shut down corner.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These suggestions are for the off-season, our two highest paid players need to be gone: Finnegan and Bradford. Finnegan routinely gets burned time after time (Fitz, Julio Jones, etc.) and Bradford is not the answer at QB unless he decides to take a huge paycut (like half of what he makes now) just flat out release him and use the cap space for other positions and depth. With our 2 top ten picks next year get our franchise QB and a shut down corner.

I still can't believe fin is not having a decent year, after what he did last year. As for releaseing bradford i would think that we were still on the hook for paying some of his salary so at this point im forcing him to play because his backup is so much worse x-x