• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Harbaugh loses to ND and Ohio State next year is that it?

drbuck10

Viva La Revolucion
Hoopla Cash
$ 877.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than what their football team is supposedly doing, btw what is Harbaugh's next stupid recruiting trick?
I'm sure something in a Michael Jackson biography could clue us in

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contextually speaking, I get your question. He is the 2nd highest paid coach right now. I.e. he was/is paid to win and win the big games. Thus far he has failed to do that. As a lifelong Michigan fan I will be transparent and say I am done. I am not done being a fan. I will continue watching the games, wearing my hat and all other fan activities. But I am done thinking he is the answer. Presently, Michigan is paying a princely sum for mediocrity.

Outside of your context I pose this question:

Lets just say that next year he does beat ND and Ohio St. Will that be enough for critics? I say no. I think short of going on a Saban-esque run of dominance he is never going to exceed the hype that has followed him.

This was the year though. The hype going into this year was off the charts. The bears in 85 only wish they had the defense Michigan was going to field this year. The QB whisperer finally had his guy in Patterson. The O line that was awful last year didn’t need to improve much because all the skill players on the offense were going to wipe the floor with anyone they faced off against

I know I make a lot of fun of Michigan. But this Harbaugh hype has surpassed anything from the Willingham or Weis ‘Return To Glory’ BS. I know Kelly isn’t the guy. And I can’t stand his character. And I got no problem saying it. I just can’t figure out how the fans in AA aren’t the same way.

Reactions: gob

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh will NEVER be fired from Michigan. I'd bet my sister on it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What better coach are we going to get? What we don't want to do is end up in the 3-4 year coaching cycle that we already experienced or that other major programs have struggled to come out of. Right now we're not where we want to be, but we're not bad either. We're a top 10-15 team consistently under Harbaugh. It shouldn't take much to go to the next step. Restarting at this point and time would be dumb just because we haven't beat OSU in 4 years. Hitting the reset button could maybe get us to the next step or more likely send us down a path of struggling for bowl eligibility again. Like I said, Harbaugh has 2-3 more years to figure it out. If he doesn't beat OSU by then, at that point you can look at it and say, "it's been 6/7 seasons without a win against OSU, time to move on".

This was the year though. The hype going into this year was off the charts. The bears in 85 only wish they had the defense Michigan was going to field this year. The QB whisperer finally had his guy in Patterson. The O line that was awful last year didn’t need to improve much because all the skill players on the offense were going to wipe the floor with anyone they faced off against

I know I make a lot of fun of Michigan. But this Harbaugh hype has surpassed anything from the Willingham or Weis ‘Return To Glory’ BS. I know Kelly isn’t the guy. And I can’t stand his character. And I got no problem saying it. I just can’t figure out how the fans in AA aren’t the same way.

I think this is your answer. When Cooper was losing to MI, Buckeye fans wanted to search for a new coach who could win. MI fans are like a beaten dog right now. They do not think they can do better.

IrishBlooded

Bewbs or it didn't happen
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is your answer. When Cooper was losing to MI, Buckeye fans wanted to search for a new coach who could win. MI fans are like a beaten dog right now. They do not think they can do better.

That's because most blue bloods have a pretty healthy ego and think they should just be gifted the best coaches in the country to continue their winning ways. They dont want to take the chance on the "next big thing" because for every Dabo out there. There is 20+ Charlie Weis'.

It is stupid. But it is honest. ND has the same syndrome. They are okay with Kelly being "Meh" in the big scheme of things because ticket sales and merchandise are doing good. And they dont want to take a risk and get Willingham again.