• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Harbaugh loses to ND and Ohio State next year is that it?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Again, look at cooper. Cooper was in the same position Harbaugh was in and stuck around for what - 12 years? It's hard to fire a coach who's winning 10 games a year. Harbaugh still has time to flip the script at Michigan. I'd say another 2-3 seasons if nothing changes before they'd honestly consider firing him.
Is that what michigan is aspiring to with their savior?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've learned not to take streaks in this rivalry for granted but its gotten to the point where TSUN has to prove to me that they can win the big rivalry games before I can ever look at any year as "the year" for them. Next year could be the roughest year of Harbaugh's tenure. This season was his season to do something but instead: all those returning starters on defense only to end the "Revenge Tour" on a thud and get blown out in the "who-gives-a-shit bowl".

“Revenge tour.”

B395508C-E254-45AB-9931-11B096358F32.gif

Reactions: gob

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is "Potato Salad" an option? Asking for a friend.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Again, look at cooper. Cooper was in the same position Harbaugh was in and stuck around for what - 12 years? It's hard to fire a coach who's winning 10 games a year. Harbaugh still has time to flip the script at Michigan. I'd say another 2-3 seasons if nothing changes before they'd honestly consider firing him.

“We’re Michigan. We’re used to this, so we don’t mind paying top dollar for mediocrity.”

A5646657-E0B0-4EFF-A34F-273F30EE2CFE.jpeg

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say they at least should give Harbaugh 5 years to see if he can beat Ryan Day.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that what michigan is aspiring to with their savior?
What better coach are we going to get? What we don't want to do is end up in the 3-4 year coaching cycle that we already experienced or that other major programs have struggled to come out of. Right now we're not where we want to be, but we're not bad either. We're a top 10-15 team consistently under Harbaugh. It shouldn't take much to go to the next step. Restarting at this point and time would be dumb just because we haven't beat OSU in 4 years. Hitting the reset button could maybe get us to the next step or more likely send us down a path of struggling for bowl eligibility again. Like I said, Harbaugh has 2-3 more years to figure it out. If he doesn't beat OSU by then, at that point you can look at it and say, "it's been 6/7 seasons without a win against OSU, time to move on".

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What better coach are we going to get? What we don't want to do is end up in the 3-4 year coaching cycle that we already experienced or that other major programs have struggled to come out of. Right now we're not where we want to be, but we're not bad either. We're a top 10-15 team consistently under Harbaugh. It shouldn't take much to go to the next step. Restarting at this point and time would be dumb just because we haven't beat OSU in 4 years. Hitting the reset button could maybe get us to the next step or more likely send us down a path of struggling for bowl eligibility again. Like I said, Harbaugh has 2-3 more years to figure it out. If he doesn't beat OSU by then, at that point you can look at it and say, "it's been 6/7 seasons without a win against OSU, time to move on".
If he loses to OSU again next year, it will have been 5 years without a win. If he had just barely lost to OSU and played well in the bowl game, it'd be a different story. He was absolutely embarrassed in back-to-back games. He has major trouble beating ranked teams, and he hasn't accomplished a single thing he was supposed to have by now.

If michigan is truly an elite program, it shouldn't be a concern about replacing him with a top-end talent.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contextually speaking, I get your question. He is the 2nd highest paid coach right now. I.e. he was/is paid to win and win the big games. Thus far he has failed to do that. As a lifelong Michigan fan I will be transparent and say I am done. I am not done being a fan. I will continue watching the games, wearing my hat and all other fan activities. But I am done thinking he is the answer. Presently, Michigan is paying a princely sum for mediocrity.

Outside of your context I pose this question:

Lets just say that next year he does beat ND and Ohio St. Will that be enough for critics? I say no. I think short of going on a Saban-esque run of dominance he is never going to exceed the hype that has followed him.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. At least y'all fired Cooper after he got beat by South Carolina in a bowl.
@SlinkyRedfoot
Hey, here's a fun fact you will enjoy. That day that SC butt raped Ohio St? The kid making it all happen? Ryan Brewer who had 214 all purpose yards and three TD's?

From Ohio

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contextually speaking, I get your question. He is the 2nd highest paid coach right now. I.e. he was/is paid to win and win the big games. Thus far he has failed to do that. As a lifelong Michigan fan I will be transparent and say I am done. I am not done being a fan. I will continue watching the games, wearing my hat and all other fan activities. But I am done thinking he is the answer. Presently, Michigan is paying a princely sum for mediocrity.

Outside of your context I pose this question:

Lets just say that next year he does beat ND and Ohio St. Will that be enough for critics? I say no. I think short of going on a Saban-esque run of dominance he is never going to exceed the hype that has followed him.

The problem is the narrative when he arrived in AA. MANY pundits said he was the best coach in football. Not college. Not pro. But FOOTBALL. And when some of us dared to suggest that Saban and Meyer had achieved more in college, the response was “but Harbaugh was in the Super Bowl!”

Fact is, Harbaugh is doing what he has done in college. He wins a lot of games but no titles. Until he wins a B1G title, he isn’t even in the conversation with the Sabans and Dabos. If that’s what Michigan demands, they will be perpetually disappointed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy's daddy isn't coaching in Columbus anymore and ND could be transitioning to a new coach next season.

Now is the time for him to finally live up to his hype.

That's their motto....next year.

Ohio St just got Fields. Their defense is going to be A LOT better next year. They are losing WR's so it could take time to replace weapons but they have the whole season to prepare lol.

ND will be just fine...they will be a hell of a lot better than scUM

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's their motto....next year.

Ohio St just got Fields. Their defense is going to be A LOT better next year. They are losing WR's so it could take time to replace weapons but they have the whole season to prepare lol.

ND will be just fine...they will be a hell of a lot better than scUM

I hope you're right about the D.

Austin Mack coming back from injury will help that receiving corps.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because Michigan a basketball school
Don't you have to win a championship recently in order to be called a "basketball school"?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you have to win a championship recently in order to be called a "basketball school"?
Better than what their football team is supposedly doing, btw what is Harbaugh's next stupid recruiting trick?