• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Xbox One X Game Recommendations?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xbox games pass has Forza H 4, Gears of War 4, Halo 5, Halo MCC, Tom Clancy’s Division among tons of other indie titles and such. On sale for 1$ a month and $10 after that or you can find deals on a year long pass. One of the best deals in gaming given the huge library you can play.

Xbox Game Pass | Xbox

That plus Xbox live and he is set for the year

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've gotten too old for multiplayer games, though. Its impossible to fit into my life, atm.

I don't know if i will ever be too old for video games. (Going on 36)
My skill in online gaming as taken a significant hit. Age does matter. I still enjoy it, however I can't see myself ever becoming better than average again. I just don't have the quick reflexes anymore.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he likes cars at all, check out Forza Horizon 4. It's absolutely gorgeous on a 4k TV with the X.

And they just released a new Assassin's Creed game, Odyssey a couple of months ago. You could get him that and the one from last year, Origins (which you can probably find on sale for like 25 to 30 bucks now). I really loved Origins, best game I played last year and the best AC game imo in years. I haven't played Odyssey yet because Red Dead Redemption 2 (highly recommended) has all of my time.

BTW, do you already have the system? If not, you should look at some the bundle deals to save some cash. There's a few out there that come with a top game and allow you to pick another game from a list.

Slickdeals: Searching for "xbox one x"
I bought him the Xbox One X 1TB that included the Fallout Bundle. Of the options I found it was the one I thought he'd like most. As for all the suggestions, I also bought him Call of Duty 4 and Assassins Creed Odyssey (full disclosure, *I* actually like playing Assassins Creed despite doing a shitty job completing it).

We already have Xbox Live from our 360, so downloading game content is also a possibility.

Been quite a while since we bought a console, so hopefully it will be a nice addition.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My skill in online gaming as taken a significant hit. Age does matter. I still enjoy it, however I can't see myself ever becoming better than average again. I just don't have the quick reflexes anymore.
Honestly I think you have to no life to have the reflexes if you're talking fps like cod

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought him the Xbox One X 1TB that included the Fallout Bundle. Of the options I found it was the one I thought he'd like most. As for all the suggestions, I also bought him Call of Duty 4 and Assassins Creed Odyssey (full disclosure, *I* actually like playing Assassins Creed despite doing a shitty job completing it).

We already have Xbox Live from our 360, so downloading game content is also a possibility.

Been quite a while since we bought a console, so hopefully it will be a nice addition.
Every game gets fully installed on the hard drive if you're just coming from 360 will notice the time lol. I personally don't even buy physical copies anymore. What he mentioned about game pass is good too it's got tons of games available, it's like Netflix for games ( no physical copies) great way to try different things too

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think you have to no life to have the reflexes if you're talking fps like cod
Maybe you are right. But in my experience, your natural ability can overcome strategy and wisdom to a great extent.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you are right. But in my experience, your natural ability can overcome strategy and wisdom to a great extent.
Ha anymore I have to keep checking my NAT and make sure ports are open /forwarded. If you lag even a little to the host you can't rely on pulling trigger first as you will shoot first then see kill cam cam realize you weren't close

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Online gaming is annoying.

If i wanna get curb-stomped at Madden by a 10 year old, while being called a faggot, I'll go to my sister-in-laws.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If i wanna get curb-stomped at Madden by a 10 year old, while being called a faggot, I'll go to my sister-in-laws.
you can play with people your own age... gaming groups etc.. where that behavior isn't tolerated. I joined one a couple months ago here TGHQ Intro

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I married a typical Xer that grew up, like I did, with an Atari and Nintendo. Been together nearly 22 years, so I don't begrudge him his downtime. :2cents:

I was just busting yer balls.

I too grew up with an Atari and Nintendo. In fact, I remember being so excited about getting the Nintendo ROB robot for Christmas in '85. What a piece of shit that thing was.

I'd be surprised if I play three hours of video games a year these days, though.

One man gathers what another man spills, and all that.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I too grew up with an Atari and Nintendo. In fact, I remember being so excited about getting the Nintendo ROB robot for Christmas in '85. What a piece of shit that thing was.

I'd be surprised if I play three hours of video games a year these days, though.

It's a good thing I don't have balls. :suds:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judges would also have accepted, 'post on the hoop.'

I laughed, btw.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't know you were such an old fart :D

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad you found a good deal. It's funny that you mentioned you like the AC series but do a shitty job finishing them because Odyssey is like the biggest game they've done. There's a shit ton of content in there and that's not even including the expansion DLC you can purchase. Good luck trying to concur all of that.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love both consoles!!! However very unhappy my xbox just crapped out.... BUT!!! it did give me a reason to finally buy an Xbox One X, which I had wanted but had resisted since my current one was working.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you found a good deal. It's funny that you mentioned you like the AC series but do a shitty job finishing them because Odyssey is like the biggest game they've done. There's a shit ton of content in there and that's not even including the expansion DLC you can purchase. Good luck trying to concur all of that.
I finished Black Flag, that's the last one he bought. Granted, I didn't get every single side job they offered, but as many as I located. :D