• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Foster and Reddick are off the board at #17..

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. With our front office, the only question if they try something like that is how badly will they mess it up?

RG4pocalypse

Sad part is, there are people actually hoping for this. If we get to 17 and Watson is still on the board, thats going to be a very tense 15 minutes in the homes of some Redskins fans. Mine included.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would draft brantley dline then in 2 round look for ilb if there is no one there go dl again all in all we are in good shape at 17 .. if both ilb are gone brantley lamb peppers ross mcdowell ucla pass rusher would be there also

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the last team with a dominant RB to win the SB? Some may say Seattle, but Lynch really wasn't that dominant. That is why I don't go RB in round 1.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the last team with a dominant RB to win the SB? Some may say Seattle, but Lynch really wasn't that dominant. That is why I don't go RB in round 1.

The problem is, we were predictable, and we dont have a RB capable of doing the work in the redzone. So RB in the first isnt a horrible idea if we get that guy. If Dallas had gone into the season with McFadden, and a watered down Morris... do you really think every one would be all over the Dak Nuts?? A Solid running game and a three down back takes pressure off of your QB and allows you to be more flexible in the redzone. We NEED a real work horse back. I like Fat Rob, and I think he did an amazing job between the 20s. BUt we ned a guy that can be a true every down back. And if a real difference maker on the D-line (read a NT that can also play DT in our sub package) isnt available at 17, I wouldnt be the least bit pissed at Cook at 17. Im in Florida, I get to see not only his national highlights, but his every down plays. Kid is the goods. Mixon is just as talented... but teams are going to be hesitant to take him because of his off field issues.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, we were predictable, and we dont have a RB capable of doing the work in the redzone. So RB in the first isnt a horrible idea if we get that guy. If Dallas had gone into the season with McFadden, and a watered down Morris... do you really think every one would be all over the Dak Nuts?? A Solid running game and a three down back takes pressure off of your QB and allows you to be more flexible in the redzone. We NEED a real work horse back. I like Fat Rob, and I think he did an amazing job between the 20s. BUt we ned a guy that can be a true every down back. And if a real difference maker on the D-line (read a NT that can also play DT in our sub package) isnt available at 17, I wouldnt be the least bit pissed at Cook at 17. Im in Florida, I get to see not only his national highlights, but his every down plays. Kid is the goods. Mixon is just as talented... but teams are going to be hesitant to take him because of his off field issues.

The reason RB in the first sucks is because as gk said its a passing league and basically dominant RBs dont take you need to go but also RB is the easiest position to cheaply find production. Dallas still wouldve been really good with DMC. They wouldve been even better off going with Ramsey at #4 instead of Zeke and Henry in round 2. Reality is things worked out as well as possible for them and it still probably wasnt the best way to build their team. Plus that 2nd contract will be a pain for them. Long story short - use minimal capital on RB.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason RB in the first sucks is because as gk said its a passing league and basically dominant RBs dont take you need to go but also RB is the easiest position to cheaply find production. Dallas still wouldve been really good with DMC. They wouldve been even better off going with Ramsey at #4 instead of Zeke and Henry in round 2. Reality is things worked out as well as possible for them and it still probably wasnt the best way to build their team. Plus that 2nd contract will be a pain for them. Long story short - use minimal capital on RB.

I'm not so sure about being really good still with dmc. Zeke willed that team to a lot of wins last year

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about being really good still with dmc. Zeke willed that team to a lot of wins last year

Ehh. He was at best the 3rd most valuable member of that offense. Obviously theyd be worse if you simply subbed DMC for Zeke. But how much? Not sure. But they spent the #4 overall pick on him. Instead they couldve grabbed a likely star at a far more important position in Ramsey. So basically Zeke was a monster as a rookie and still wasnt the ideal pick. And then in 4 years hell want a massive contract at which point you either lose your #4 overall pick after just 5 years or you pay a crazy amount of money to the most replaceable position on the field. Its just super hard for a 1st round RB to be worth it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first key for Dallas was their OL. Elliott helped. The conventional wisdom since Mike Shanahan proved it was you don't need to draft a RB No. 1. Someone likely will though.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone see the Skins selecting a defensive player if these two guys are gone before we pick? What if Cook and Ross are still on the board at #17 with the two Ilb's off the board. How can you make an argument to select a defensive player? McDowell but he is a boom\bust type player. The available safeties that would be there are Baker and Obi. But most mocks have them late firsts to early 2nd's. Thoughts.

That's a lot going on in the question bro!
Here's my thoughts -- If Foster and Riddick are gone, Humphrey, McKinley, and reaching for Melifonwu wouldn't be bad picks IMO. I'd still draft McDowell and move one of my DEs to NT.

If Cook and Ross are there I'd probably pass on both, they both are going to get injured this year, Ross is already going under the knife, and if I really want offense - someone will probably pass on Davis or Williams because Ross was so fast and I'd grab one of them. What I would really do at #17 is draft Lamp or reach on Cam Robinson and convert one to guard. This solidifies my line and I avoid having to pay $6 mil per for an average guard.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my thoughts -- If Foster and Riddick are gone, Humphrey, McKinley, and reaching for Melifonwu wouldn't be bad picks IMO. I'd still draft McDowell and move one of my DEs to NT.

If Cook and Ross are there I'd probably pass on both, they both are going to get injured this year, Ross is already going under the knife, and if I really want offense - someone will probably pass on Davis or Williams because Ross was so fast and I'd grab one of them. What I would really do at #17 is draft Lamp or reach on Cam Robinson and convert one to guard. This solidifies my line and I avoid having to pay $6 mil per for an average guard.

Cb or OLb at #17? really.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cb or OLb at #17? really.

You asked "if" an argument could be made for another defensive prospect being taken at #17 if the two best ILB
are gone and Cook and Ross are still there. CB & OLB are most definitely options. I thought Kerrigan was headed for a breakout 2017 only to find out Murphy will be suspended. Preston Smith looks more suited for DE in nickel.
Breeland is likely gone in 2018, getting his cheaper, more talented replacement could be an option.
--Will the 'Skins screw this up? odds are...YES

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont want them at 17 either but how could we possibly know theyd get hurt?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last half of 2015, McFadden averaged over 120 per game.

They would be fine without Zeke.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last half of 2015, McFadden averaged over 120 per game.

They would be fine without Zeke.
Then again, Zeke has the potential to be a great pass-blocking RB and a good pass-catching RB - not to mention his skills in physically assaulting women seem to be remarkably well developed.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lamp will get hurt this year i would pass

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most rookies who start at "those positions" do. Also Ross has notable injury history

Is that true that more rookies get hurt then veterans though? I also dont think Ross being hurt in the past is very concerning.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that true that more rookies get hurt then veterans though? I also dont think Ross being hurt in the past is very concerning.

That would depend on the types of injuries he has had. And I havent researched his injury history mind you. But a smaller speed WR with a history of leg injuries would tend to concern me as much as a mobile QB with a history of ACL/MCL injuries. A pocket passer with a rebuilt shoulder would likely be a red flag for me. A speed rusher with two rebuilt Achilles means I better have a solid plan B. And any one with a history of multiple head injuries that doesnt play Kicker or Punter would be kind of low on the list talent be damned.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would depend on the types of injuries he has had. And I havent researched his injury history mind you. But a smaller speed WR with a history of leg injuries would tend to concern me as much as a mobile QB with a history of ACL/MCL injuries. A pocket passer with a rebuilt shoulder would likely be a red flag for me. A speed rusher with two rebuilt Achilles means I better have a solid plan B. And any one with a history of multiple head injuries that doesnt play Kicker or Punter would be kind of low on the list talent be damned.

Yea overall you have to go on a player by player injury by injury basis. But most of the time the injury prone label is thrown out unfairly. Most injuries dont signal future injuries in any way. Some people just get unlucky. Things like concussions are obviously different, but I dont think Ross having knee injuries really worries me unless something showed up in a medical check. And we dont have access to that stuff anyways so no point worrying about it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea overall you have to go on a player by player injury by injury basis. But most of the time the injury prone label is thrown out unfairly. Most injuries dont signal future injuries in any way. Some people just get unlucky. Things like concussions are obviously different, but I dont think Ross having knee injuries really worries me unless something showed up in a medical check. And we dont have access to that stuff anyways so no point worrying about it.

I can get that. But from an injury standpoint, I would be leary that we are getting a first round version of DJax.... great when he is on the field... but a few too many nagging injuries... never to the same portion of the body. But always just enough to miss a few games a season.