• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If AP Can't Do It, No One Can

Barring Injury, Will AP break Smith's Rushing Records

• Yes, Both

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Yes, Yards

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Yes, TDs

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 87.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you avoid the one question I've asked you and done nothing but go off on tangents and talk about nothing I have in any way referenced or even alluded to.

That's e-nut.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys were amazing but Emmitt was a huge reason. That Cowboy team wouldn't have worked nearly as well with a back that was looking for home runs all the time. It was just not how they ran their offense. Not sure about all time leader, but I do agree if the teams were switched Barry would have ended up for more years than he did. Better team, but more importantly because He would not have retired so early if He was on the Cowboys.

Speculation, but yeah, Barry most likely would have ended up with more yards,tds and stayed around longer.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation On a message board!!! :ban:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....woods remains emmitt butt hurt, thus his football opinions are lacking.
Football opinions lacking is one thing, but what he said is downright idiotic.
What I love best about the Smith argument, is the anti Smith side claims he was only good because of the OL, Aikman, and Irving. Then the anti Aikman crowd say Smith, the OL and Irvin made it to easy. Anti Irvin crowd again say it's due to Aikman and Smith. It's a never ending circle.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football opinions lacking is one thing, but what he said is downright idiotic.
What I love best about the Smith argument, is the anti Smith side claims he was only good because of the OL, Aikman, and Irving. Then the anti Aikman crowd say Smith, the OL and Irvin made it to easy. Anti Irvin crowd again say it's due to Aikman and Smith. It's a never ending circle.

You forgot to mention...

... and the anti-OL people claim that they were good due to Emmitt, Aikman and Irvin...

On a serious note, what makes this Sanders vs Smith debate kind of annoying is that Cowboy fans won't/don't acknowledge that Sanders would've been even better had he been on the Cowboys... Smith was obviously a great RB, so was Sanders...

Smith obviously had a much better supporting cast through his career than Sanders did... His QB, FB, TE, WR, OL was better than Sanders... Plus, the fact that they all played together as long as they did made it even easier due to the chemistry they had w/ one another... Plus their defense was very good as well so it gave Smith and the Offense a lot more opportunities on offense than Sanders had... Better field position, more TOP, etc...

To say that Sanders wouldn't had been even better behind that OL is silly to me... But Cowboy fans won't admit that because it hurts their stance on the debate imo... Not saying you necessarily but it seems like most Cowboy fans won't admit it...

I personally don't take anything away from Emmitt... He was a very good RB... But I also feel that Sanders was the better RB and if their roles/teams were flipped, Sanders would be the one with all the records...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention...

... and the anti-OL people claim that they were good due to Emmitt, Aikman and Irvin...

On a serious note, what makes this Sanders vs Smith debate kind of annoying is that Cowboy fans won't/don't acknowledge that Sanders would've been even better had he been on the Cowboys... Smith was obviously a great RB, so was Sanders...

Smith obviously had a much better supporting cast through his career than Sanders did... His QB, FB, TE, WR, OL was better than Sanders... Plus, the fact that they all played together as long as they did made it even easier due to the chemistry they had w/ one another... Plus their defense was very good as well so it gave Smith and the Offense a lot more opportunities on offense than Sanders had... Better field position, more TOP, etc...

To say that Sanders wouldn't had been even better behind that OL is silly to me... But Cowboy fans won't admit that because it hurts their stance on the debate imo... Not saying you necessarily but it seems like most Cowboy fans won't admit it...

I personally don't take anything away from Emmitt... He was a very good RB... But I also feel that Sanders was the better RB and if their roles/teams were flipped, Sanders would be the one with all the records...

I've often wondered what Sanders would have done in Dallas, but people forget Emmitt hitvthe assigned hole immediately, Sanders would wait until the hole opened up. Whould Sanders have trusted the Dallas line like Emmitt did. What I loved about Emmitt is he had vision, agility and strength. He was a complete back, IMO Sanders wasn't.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yards maybe, TD's? Did you really suggest TD's with a,straight face?

lol....woods remains emmitt butt hurt, thus his football opinions are lacking.

Munster and P-Diddy,still mad at the thought that there beloved Emmitt is not as great they want to believe he is.

I'm sorry guys, everyone in one in the world that's not a Dallas fan should bow down to Emmitt.
How silly of anyone to think that someone could put up such numbers as the almighty #22.

Heaven forbid........:rolleyes2:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention...

There is no sense in trying to make sense to those two buffoons.....

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Munster and P-Diddy,still mad at the thought that there beloved Emmitt is not as great they want to believe he is.

I'm sorry guys, everyone in one in the world that's not a Dallas fan should bow down to Emmitt.
How silly of anyone to think that someone could put up such numbers as the almighty #22.

Hey dumbfuck. Go look at TD's when Barry retired. He wasn't close.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh AP is a douche. Guy has a forehead like a drive in movie theater.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dumbfuck. Go look at TD's when Barry retired. He wasn't close.

Oh look...... Munster made another post,recess must be over.

And neither was the team Barry had to play for.
We were kinda talking if Barry and Emmitt had played for each others team.... No go back outside and play in the road.....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reading remains fundamental. No backspin here. Just you being emmitt butt hurt

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had no question that Sanders was the much better runner. Still don't, but I can't assume Barry would stay upright through the grind as emmitt did and had to on those teams. The Dallas oline back then was blow your ass of the line and run it up the gut/alley. Whole lotta smash mouth, 3 yard variety. Emmitt touched the ball often in the pass game, and was asked to block like few other superstars.

Manster is right....emmitt get less credit because of the other 10, as does Troy and Irvin. Dallas fans know what emmitt smith meant to those teams...as do the players on those teams. Very few hard core Dallas fans scream who the better runner was back then. We know Emmitt Smith was pure warrior and a COMPLETE runningback and winning was the only objective. Pure Greatness!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1993 E. Smith held out and the Cowboys started 0-2. Smith comes back and the rest is history. Smith was the better pass catcher and blocker then Barry Sanders. I'll take the running that runs straight ahead any day. Take nothing away from Sanders but Smith was the better all around back. People will say Sanders because the ESPN highlights brainwash there simple minds. Peace.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the OL Dallas had running, heck any offensive move was easy, the reason why Aikman,Smith and Irvin are even in the HOF.Things are different now with the passing but if AP hangs out long enough he will challenge the records that the Cowboys' OL really deserve.