• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If AP Can't Do It, No One Can

Barring Injury, Will AP break Smith's Rushing Records

• Yes, Both

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Yes, Yards

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Yes, TDs

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 87.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so but Mandarich was a bust.
He may have been a bust, but at the time it was pretty much universally expected he was likely to be one of the best OL of his era...who would have thought he would have stopped juicing once drafted...

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have been a bust, but at the time it was pretty much universally expected he was likely to be one of the best OL of his era...who would have thought he would have stopped juicing once drafted...
That was the problem with him, he was a steroid stallion.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's written down prior. If it wasn't they wouldn't get taken away. Thanks for making a case for Adrian Peterson's year being taken from him by the league.

You realize some people spend quite some time in prison for child abuse. Peterson was able to avoid jail by pleading guilty to a lesser charge. If he wasn't Adrian Peterson, and just some Joe next door, he'd have likely missed the season by sitting in a jail cell. But then I suppose his year would have been taken away by the law.

He did the crime and got away with less than many others would have in his shoes. Hell, he still got paid. But he fully deserved to miss that season.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's written down prior. If it wasn't they wouldn't get taken away. Thanks for making a case for Adrian Peterson's year being taken from him by the league.

So if I pick up a switch and smack you with it, is that ok to do that?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I pick up a switch and smack you with it, is that ok to do that?
Hopefully he breaks the record so people like you can cry about things that didn't happen on the football field and forever see his name at the top of all rushers ever.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he breaks the record so people like you can cry about things that didn't happen on the football field and forever see his name at the top of all rushers ever.

In six of his last eight games last year (including playoffs), he averaged about three and a half, or less, yards per carry. Time will tell, but this is a pretty good indication that AP may have hit that 30 year-old wall. He may get 1000 yards next year, but that could very realistically be his last 1000 yard season. People say he's a freak of nature, but even freaks of nature can't beat Father Time (unless, of course, Father Time happens to be a four year old kid).

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that time will tell and I'm rooting for AP against the odds of father time.
Nope, your rooting for AP against a Cowboy, the hate is oozing out of your pours. If AP doesn't do it you'll hook you band wagon on to the next candidate.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where is the line for things that happen off "the football field"? You are OK with AP? How about McCoy? How about Hardy? How about Ray McDonald? How about Aaaron Hernadez? When do we take it into account, or is it more just depending on whether you like the player or not and the transgression itself is meaningless?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Some people root for greatness and other people are chicken shit and root against it.
Some people root for what is important in life and don't bow to the more talented players as if they are gods, but rather look at things objectively...others are Eagles fans...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im all for that.... I'd rather see AP at the top of the list than" look at me" Emmitt.....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all for that.... I'd rather see AP at the top of the list than" look at me" Emmitt.....
sure you would....bear & lions fans remain butt hurt all things Emmitt Smith
back out the 1190 yards in Arizona and still nobody catches Smith.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, your rooting for AP against a Cowboy, the hate is oozing out of your pours. If AP doesn't do it you'll hook you band wagon on to the next candidate.

LOL I really hadn't considered that. I guess that would be a bonus.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where is the line for things that happen off "the football field"? You are OK with AP? How about McCoy? How about Hardy? How about Ray McDonald? How about Aaaron Hernadez? When do we take it into account, or is it more just depending on whether you like the player or not and the transgression itself is meaningless?
Aaron Hernandez is in jail. He can't be on a field. I don't know about Ray McDonald, but I do know the rushing record is a football accomplishment and all of it happens on the football field.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people root for what is important in life and don't bow to the more talented players as if they are gods, but rather look at things objectively...others are Eagles fans...
WTF are you talking about? Rushing yardage has everything to do with football plays on a real live official NFL field and nothing to do with whatever you are yammering on about.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers had Dorsey Levens who put in a pretty good year of 1,400+ yards the year before. RB wasn't in high demands.
Dorsey Levens wasn't drafted until the 1994 draft