• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd rather have Tristan or Whiteside Poll

Take Your Pick

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm, current=CURRENT. and CURRENTLY there's 16 O'Briens in our trophy case...

DO keep trying, though...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Yeah & yer Lakers stoled every one of 'em. Especially the ones from '85, '87 & '10.:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey- to each there own....id rather have a guy that stands up for what he believes in then be like MJ and just be totally self interested - "republicans buy shoes too".

even if i disagree with pro athletes and their stances- for the most part- i like when they speak out and give more than just cliche bullshit answers.

I don't. At least not during/before games, etc. If they want to protest, be activists, etc. then do like Boogie Cousins and go back to your hometown in the off-season and do something. During the games, I couldn't care less what causes they support or what political party they belong to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter what age Kobe was when he left. The reason for the injuries later in his career was the cumulative effect of the minutes he played earlier in his career. Most of those minutes were played with Phil as the head coach.

It's why Lebron and others have started resting earlier in their careers. They are trying to limit the cumulative effect of minutes played now, later in their careers. It's actually pretty smart of them, imo. As great as Kobe was and as much as folks admire his will to play, he's also something of a cautionary tale to guys who want to stay relatively healthy and play for a long time.
looks like his last year was 2011 when Kobe was 32---- which was the year that his minutes were only 33.9....i wonder if Phil would have stayed if he would have tried to continue that....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off to court!!!! helping with trial....should be a fun afternoon! seeya suckers later!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like his last year was 2011 when Kobe was 32---- which was the year that his minutes were only 33.9....i wonder if Phil would have stayed if he would have tried to continue that....

Depends. Part of the reason Kobe played as many minutes as he did is because it was the only shot the Lakers had to win. The year they had Dwightmare and D'Antoni, the only reason they made the playoffs was because Kobe wouldn't rest and dragged that team kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. Part of the reason Kobe played as many minutes as he did is because it was the only shot the Lakers had to win. The year they had Dwightmare and D'Antoni, the only reason they made the playoffs was because Kobe wouldn't rest and dragged that team kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

To help yer Baby Lakers mature @ a faster rate Kobe really should join the coaching staff. He shoots & scores!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan really started to decline probably at around 37....Lebron is 32. I will take 5 more years

Pop knew when to rest him. You rest lebron too much and you suck again. Keep telling yourself the opposite though.

It'll be hilarious how little cavs fans will be around here in a few years time when they're in the lottery again

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun -

Lakers 'bigs' with a better PER than thompson:

Every one of them

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade’s gone, and Heat interest is suffering

oh i feel so bad. LOL....people dont want to watch Whiteside???? i cant believe it!

i gotta tell ya- your team winning is obviously the best- but when one of your most hated teams is getting its shit pushed in - its great.

there have been hundreds and hundreds of empty seats visible in the Heat’s first six regular-season home games of the post-Wade era.
ADVERTISING

What’s more, fans are struggling to get face value -- or in some cases, anything close to face value -- when they try to re-sell their seats in the secondary market.

“You can’t even give the tickets away,” said season-ticket hold Gil Betancourt, a Coral Gables realtor. “It seems like nobody cares"

Paskind pays $172 per ticket per game for four very good lower-bowl midcourt seats in section 106. He said NBA commissioner Adam Silver sits in that area when he attends games.

But Paskind said he has been unable to re-sell any of his seats this season, even at heavily discounted rates, except for Wade’s return to Miami with the Bulls, a game that he sold for “a little above” the $172 face value.

For the other home games, he cut his asking price to $100 and still couldn’t sell them.

“Any other season, I could get $400 a ticket for these seats,” he said. “If Wade were here, I guarantee you can sell these tickets. People came to see Wade.”

“These are the smallest crowds I’ve seen here,” he said before Tuesday’s Hawks said. “This is the deadest I have ever seen getting into the arena.”

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade’s gone, and Heat interest is suffering

oh i feel so bad. LOL....people dont want to watch Whiteside???? i cant believe it!

i gotta tell ya- your team winning is obviously the best- but when one of your most hated teams is getting its shit pushed in - its great.

there have been hundreds and hundreds of empty seats visible in the Heat’s first six regular-season home games of the post-Wade era.
ADVERTISING

What’s more, fans are struggling to get face value -- or in some cases, anything close to face value -- when they try to re-sell their seats in the secondary market.

“You can’t even give the tickets away,” said season-ticket hold Gil Betancourt, a Coral Gables realtor. “It seems like nobody cares"

Paskind pays $172 per ticket per game for four very good lower-bowl midcourt seats in section 106. He said NBA commissioner Adam Silver sits in that area when he attends games.

But Paskind said he has been unable to re-sell any of his seats this season, even at heavily discounted rates, except for Wade’s return to Miami with the Bulls, a game that he sold for “a little above” the $172 face value.

For the other home games, he cut his asking price to $100 and still couldn’t sell them.

“Any other season, I could get $400 a ticket for these seats,” he said. “If Wade were here, I guarantee you can sell these tickets. People came to see Wade.”

“These are the smallest crowds I’ve seen here,” he said before Tuesday’s Hawks said. “This is the deadest I have ever seen getting into the arena.”

Everything written/said about the tickets is correct.
You can buy at around 75% less then face value.
Thing is FANS still go when they can.
People like you, don't/wouldn't.
I haven't missed a game yet, and tonight is Beasley night!!!

And, NO, even with Wade they were still not selling.

One thing I will never take away from James is that he was good for business.

Also, consider, face value Heat seats cost much more then most any other team.
It is what it is.

Anyway, this has WHAT to do with you so far being 1000% wrong about Whiteside.

He's been awesome and very professional.
FA will be very open to playing with him next year.

If you want to start a shitty team attendance thread, then be my guest and you can start with any Cavs team - James as an example of horrible attendance.
Heat has been pretty good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything written/said about the tickets is correct.
You can buy at around 75% less then face value.
Thing is FANS still go when they can.
People like you, don't/wouldn't.
I haven't missed a game yet, and tonight is Beasley night!!!

And, NO, even with Wade they were still not selling.

One thing I will never take away from James is that he was good for business.

Also, consider, face value Heat seats cost much more then most any other team.
It is what it is.

Anyway, this has WHAT to do with you so far being 1000% wrong about Whiteside.

He's been awesome and very professional.
FA will be very open to playing with him next year.

If you want to start a shitty team attendance thread, then be my guest and you can start with any Cavs team - James as an example of horrible attendance.
Heat has been pretty good.

It cracks me up when people try to pull this "attendance" crap when a team is down. Going to NBA games is expensive these days. People don't want to spend that kind of money to watch a team lose. Especially in a place like Miami where there are so many other options.

What was attendance like in Cleveland during the 4 years that Lebron was in Miami? I'll bet it was down compared to the previous 7 seasons.

The only team that I've seen go through a bad stretch and not have a pretty significant downturn in attendance was the Lakers over the past 2 years, but that was only because people were wanting to get their last chances to see Kobe play. Which is why they gave him all of that money over those 2 years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cracks me up when people try to pull this "attendance" crap when a team is down. Going to NBA games is expensive these days. People don't want to spend that kind of money to watch a team lose. Especially in a place like Miami where there are so many other options.

What was attendance like in Cleveland during the 4 years that Lebron was in Miami? I'll bet it was down compared to the previous 7 seasons.

The only team that I've seen go through a bad stretch and not have a pretty significant downturn in attendance was the Lakers over the past 2 years, but that was only because people were wanting to get their last chances to see Kobe play. Which is why they gave him all of that money over those 2 years.

Plus, and I'm sure it's everywhere, but especially in Miami now with all the snowbirds, the traffic is horrible.
I left my house last Thursday (Wade game) at 6:15. Game was 8 pm.
It took me over 2.5 hours which is twice as long as it should take from my house.
Getting home is also congested.
To take kids to midweek games just doesn't make a lot of sense for most families.