• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"I'd quit watching hockey if they took out fighting."

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want someone who holds this stance to explain why they'd quit.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is one except you can't really be that big of a fan of hockey to begin with. A fight happens roughly every other game. You'd stop watching 120 minutes of hockey b/c of 30 seconds of fighting?

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some fights are ok, but the gooning it up fights have no place in the game.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting is as much a part of the game as blaming the refs for every goal scored against your team.

And if you don't like it, I'll fight you!

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't quit watching. you would be a damn fool if you did.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fighting being taken out of the game isn't a bad thing. Look at the Olympics. Not one fight and some of the best hockey was played. World juniors, same thing. Even in the playoff there is little fighting in comparison to the regular season.

Now I am not against fighting in the NHL. But I am opposed to the staged fight that serve no purpose at all. If a fight happens in a spur of the moment (things get to a boiling point) and have to be worked out between 2 guys, so be it. But when you have players having to fight after a perfectly clean hit, it starts getting ridiculous. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting serves a purpose and is a part of the game.the question you need to ask is what does the game turn into without fighting.while Olympic hockey is fun to watch I can't see that relating to removing fighting from the nhl.there are no avery , cooke,Ott etc in the Olympics.personally the bulk of the problems in the league revolve more around headset and questionable hits than fights.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting serves a purpose and is a part of the game.the question you need to ask is what does the game turn into without fighting.while Olympic hockey is fun to watch I can't see that relating to removing fighting from the nhl.there are no avery , cooke,Ott etc in the Olympics.personally the bulk of the problems in the league revolve more around headset and questionable hits than fights.

What purpose do you think fighting is serving?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if we got rid of fighting, we might not have to watch these guys? That would be outstanding. :)

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly say if it wasnt for that "play" in the playoffs and the fact that hes a Ranger I dont think I'd hate Avery

Edit: Of and the fact that hes a little bitch, I forget about that at times

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they wanna take fighting of Hockey huh?

Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

tumblr_leel2mV1Lx1qb568x.jpg

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant take fighting out. It IS a part of the game. But, if they actually had set guidelines instead of some make believe system, then possibly there could be some order. Like someone mentioned earlier... If there were truly harsh suspensions for dirty hits, and throwing punches when another player doesnt agree to fighting.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we got rid of fighting, we might not have to watch these guys? That would be outstanding. :)

The nhl much larger league than the Olympics with a much larger schedule and established rivalries .If you analyze the injuries in the game the amount that occur from fighting are minuscule.People want to see harder hitting and when emotions run high incidents will always occur.Hell even ovechkin plays with an edge .Hockey is a violent sport by nature.I find it hard to believe watering down the sport would be progressive.Personally if I wanted to see players penalized for contact or not being able to fight I would watch nba or women's hockey.