• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I would revoke his press privilages on campus

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... DAD. I never slammed Billy Stewart. I truly think you have issues.

I was a huge Billy Stewart fan. It wasn't until WVU lost to UConn on the road his last year that I gave up having faith in his abilitities.

Hmm..I'm thinking it was earlier and that ridiculous loss to ECU!!..:lol:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD,

You have a lot in common with Mickey. You are both so bitter over the way Luck treated Bill Stewart that you take every opportunity to slam the AD and the school's head football coach... and feel it is justified.

Everyone that reads Mickey's columns can see what they want to see.

For those like you, they read his piece and agree with his agenda.

For those who support the football program and the AD, they see an old man who has been on a rant for the past two years. He does not accurately account for the errors of his comments. Nor does he have to answer to anyone for his negative attack on Luck and Holgorsen.

He is free to write what he wants.

You are free to post what you want.

I don't care that you have a different opinion than me.

I don't care what Mickey writes anymore. I am saddened to see a man who's work I respected as a child, end his life writing one negative piece slamming his alma mater.

I know he loves WVU. I know he doesn't care about his legacy, and wants to use his printed word to establish a tide to turn against Luck and force change.

I don't read his column unless someone posts his crap here or on BGN.

I don't attack your posts simply because they differ from my opinion. I attack them for inaccuracies or bullshit. When you make shit up, or when you say me and my friends had opinions we did not.. or I did not share.... I will call you out.

You are a hypocrite. I have little respect for you.

You say WVU fans did not give Bill Stewart time, but you want to attack Dana in ways others attacked Billy.

I think you are pathetic...

Mickey's issues are pretty transparent...since day one Dana has dismissed him and not humored him like Stewart did..with all the idiotic questions he would ask at the pressers...and like he was owed something Stewart always took his question first like he was the Dean of the Beat Writers or something..

Dana has banned him from access where he gives other reporters room who write responsbile columns...as WVU continues to imoprove its infractructre the last thing they need is a feeble old lunatic trying to single handly sabatage the program with lame journalism...if Mickey cared about anyone but himself and really did LOVE his Alma Mater...he would get with the program.......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm..I'm thinking it was earlier and that ridiculous loss to ECU!!..:lol:

You have a point.

I also was outspoken about him telling the media after the ECU lost that WVU was going to get back to doing what they do best... run the football... before the Colorado game.

Nothing like letting your opponent hear this so they can gameplan for it before the game...

But, Slaton... you know... both of us talked for hours about Billy's plan for WVU. And, we both supported him until the end of his third year. Didn't mean either of us weren't critical of him at times.

Our phone conversation following the Gator Bowl loss comes to mind...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickey's issues are pretty transparent...since day one Dana has dismissed him and not humored him like Stewart did..with all the idiotic questions he would ask at the pressers...and like he was owed something Stewart always took his question first like he was the Dean of the Beat Writers or something..

Dana has banned him from access where he gives other reporters room who write responsbile columns...as WVU continues to imoprove its infractructre the last thing they need is a feeble old lunatic trying to single handly sabatage the program with lame journalism...if Mickey cared about anyone but himself and really did LOVE his Alma Mater...he would get with the program.......

Good post

That is my point, if you are a reporter for the WVU beat it is your responsiblity to report both sides of the issues...I do not mind some of the gripes he has had, but if you are going to point those things out, then dammit point out the positive things as well. Don't go out of your way to bash the program like he did in the Geno article, that had nothing to do with the story. Hell in one of his articles earlier in the year he cut a paste from a previous article....so that tells me one he has not even the motivation to write good stories and two his sole purpose for writing stories is to bash the program. I have no problem with his differing opinion, I have a problem with the smear campaign against WVU and the staff. You would think most fans of WVU would have the same problem, but I guess they can't since the program made some moves they disagree with. Its petty, plain and simple.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a point.

I also was outspoken about him telling the media after the ECU lost that WVU was going to get back to doing what they do best... run the football... before the Colorado game.

Nothing like letting your opponent hear this so they can gameplan for it before the game...

But, Slaton... you know... both of us talked for hours about Billy's plan for WVU. And, we both supported him until the end of his third year. Didn't mean either of us weren't critical of him at times.

Our phone conversation following the Gator Bowl loss comes to mind...

We were the last two off the bandwagon..with out a doubt!..we gave the guy a fair shake after the way he inherited the program it was going to take 4 or 5 years to see where he could take it..It was crystal clear the coaches he assembled could not recruit and he took the path of least resistance to give scholarships to kids that had no more of a 35% chance of making it to campus...which is what happened...and then couple that with his ability to create an identity for the program was non existant...or it changed week to week...hiring Mullen who was no more than a QB coach pretty much summarized his ability to attract top talent at the Asst Coaching level.