• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I would revoke his press privilages on campus

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously I would not let him work on the WVU campus, let him work from home and just make his opinion pieces from there. Can't think of the last article i read where he mentioned anything good about WVU, after wins he usually does nto release anything.

http://www.journal-news.net/page/content.detail/id/604048/Smith-stands-up-for-rights.html?nav=5022

Starts off on point, then for some reason he has to throw in his DH bashing to make it a true Mickey F article. Stats and situation that have nothing to do with the title of the article or the situation in which Geno found himself.

m.register-herald.com/TRH/pm_102831/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=oawIHNrU

Luck did it again, he crossed one of Mickey F's guys....I love how he writes this piece as if Mike Parsons could not have possibly played a role in his own termination. Is it so crazy to think the guy who had spent so much time building the radio and media markets to where they were would be hands off when it came to change? That does not mean Mike Parsons did anything underhanded, but you see this everyday in the business world...people get attached to major projects and when the braintrust of your operation decides to go another way people can't/won't handle that very good.

Less than a week until signing day, more important stuff to talk about then.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously I would not let him work on the WVU campus, let him work from home and just make his opinion pieces from there. Can't think of the last article i read where he mentioned anything good about WVU, after wins he usually does nto release anything.

http://www.journal-news.net/page/content.detail/id/604048/Smith-stands-up-for-rights.html?nav=5022

Starts off on point, then for some reason he has to throw in his DH bashing to make it a true Mickey F article. Stats and situation that have nothing to do with the title of the article or the situation in which Geno found himself.

Luck did it again, he crossed one of Mickey F's guys....I love how he writes this piece as if Mike Parsons could not have possibly played a role in his own termination. Is it so crazy to think the guy who had spent so much time building the radio and media markets to where they were would be hands off when it came to change? That does not mean Mike Parsons did anything underhanded, but you see this everyday in the business world...people get attached to major projects and when the braintrust of your operation decides to go another way people can't/won't handle that very good.

It's an ambarrassment that the newspaper would let him feed so much biased opinion and unskilled reporting...the guy must have pictures of someone that works there or something!..:lol:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never really tells the reader why Mike Parsons is such a big loss to the AD.....just says he was a good guy who worked there for a long time. for a guy who has been here 35 years you would think he would have a list of reasons supporting why this was such a bad move.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With regard to Mickey and his column, I have learned that he is working as a freelance sportswriter these days.

Newspapers in WV agree to pay him for his BS. As long as he generates hits to their paper's website, they will likely continue paying him for his crap.

As a kid who grew up in Morgantown, I followed Mickey and his column regularly. It saddens me to see him produce this kind of work when he is near the end of his life. I hate it that this will be the way I will remember him in the end.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find looking at the landscape at 30,000 ft of WVU and the opinions that have been shared about ..no pun intended..life with Luck or without Luck..and the many that voice their opinions here are probably equally divided...

What the left doesn't seem to quite understand that the right does is that WVU has many huge obstacles it needs to hurdle to compete on a National Level...The State is poor, so the funding from Charleston is minimal and what it does send just maintains the status quo at best...The population size is one of the smallest in the country...the number of Division 1 athletes is sparse..and so on...But yet with all these significant challeges folks seem to want to beleive somehow some way the Football program specifically should be competing for National Championships every year just buy doing business like they did 20 years ago...Folks that is IMPOSSIBLE!...WVU is doing what Rich started and that is trying to create an inviroment of making WVU National Brand ...which is more or less how a Nebraska, Syracuse or OU or even BYU and Notre Dame make it...and that takes significant dollars just for the right marketing....College Athletics is a 100 BILLION dollar business now...if you want WVU to go back to doing things in a small time way...then get ready to be irrelavant...

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the heck is this guy?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newspapers are fading in readership, they will do nearly anything to generate some buzz in hopes of people talking about what this guy or that guy says and they know how passionate WVU fans are and that some will get fired up about what he says. It's a troll job plain n simple. That is where MF's cred begins and ends these days and its a shame.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find looking at the landscape at 30,000 ft of WVU and the opinions that have been shared about ..no pun intended..life with Luck or without Luck..and the many that voice their opinions here are probably equally divided...

What the left doesn't seem to quite understand that the right does is that WVU has many huge obstacles it needs to hurdle to compete on a National Level...The State is poor, so the funding from Charleston is minimal and what it does send just maintains the status quo at best...The population size is one of the smallest in the country...the number of Division 1 athletes is sparse..and so on...But yet with all these significant challeges folks seem to want to beleive somehow some way the Football program specifically should be competing for National Championships every year just buy doing business like they did 20 years ago...Folks that is IMPOSSIBLE!...WVU is doing what Rich started and that is trying to create an inviroment of making WVU National Brand ...which is more or less how a Nebraska, Syracuse or OU or even BYU and Notre Dame make it...and that takes significant dollars just for the right marketing....College Athletics is a 100 BILLION dollar business now...if you want WVU to go back to doing things in a small time way...then get ready to be irrelavant...

wvu has one thing going for them ==> they are the only power school in their state. wvu needs more than anything to be athletically competitive. making a bowl every year is a necessity for this program 5 years of subpar b12 play and they will turn into just another ku or cu. that is why they need the b12 to expand with scrub football schools so that TCU/wvu can elevate their programs and have winning seasons every year.

athletics are not a problem for the b12. 9 bowl teams 2 years ago and 7 tourny teams this year.......that is not the b12s weakness. so why people think the b12 needs more major FB schools to be successful in conf. realignment is beyond me. the b12 should go after schools with larger markets and academic peers (area's that are their weakness). if wvu was smart they would be pushing for expansion right now to keep them in the middle of the pack among b12 schools and not be a bottom feeder.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wvu has one thing going for them ==> they are the only power school in their state. wvu needs more than anything to be athletically competitive. making a bowl every year is a necessity for this program 5 years of subpar b12 play and they will turn into just another ku or cu. that is why they need the b12 to expand with scrub football schools so that TCU/wvu can elevate their programs and have winning seasons every year.

athletics are not a problem for the b12. 9 bowl teams 2 years ago and 7 tourny teams this year.......that is not the b12s weakness. so why people think the b12 needs more major FB schools to be successful in conf. realignment is beyond me. the b12 should go after schools with larger markets and academic peers (area's that are their weakness). if wvu was smart they would be pushing for expansion right now to keep them in the middle of the pack among b12 schools and not be a bottom feeder.

I am not sure I would classify Wv as "POWER" school...they had a nice 7 year run...

Why is making a Bowl game a "Necessity"?..were you really excited the team played in the Pin Stripe Bowl?...and I really can't undestand why you would beleive based on a 5 year measurement of being average that all's lost and there would be no recovery....see Okie State...see Baylor....See Texas Tech...See Kansas State....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I would classify Wv as "POWER" school...they had a nice 7 year run...

Why is making a Bowl game a "Necessity"?..were you really excited the team played in the Pin Stripe Bowl?...and I really can't undestand why you would beleive based on a 5 year measurement of being average that all's lost and there would be no recovery....see Okie State...see Baylor....See Texas Tech...See Kansas State....

This Johnnie is a troll. If you want to have fun messing with his head. Have at it...

He is not the brightest person in the world. So... go easy on him...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I really can't undestand why you would beleive based on a 5 year measurement of being average that all's lost and there would be no recovery....see Okie State...see Baylor....See Texas Tech...See Kansas State....

That is better than some of our fans, they have given it three years and saying we will never be good again. :L

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the b12, pac12, acc, sec, & b10 are commonly refereed to as the power 5. the aac, cusa, sun belt, mac, & mwc are refereed to as the group of 5. thats why i call wvu a power school.

p5 vs g5 is basically what replaced bcs/non BCS now that there is a playoff

making a bowl game is a necessity because they are new to the b12 and half to prove themselves. if they continue to have losing seasons people will start to write them off as not being good enough for the b12. wvu is not like ksu or baylor because they don't have that geographical proximity or established b12 member status. they have to be better to stay as relevant than your typical b12 school. to put it simply......wvu has to prove their worth first before they can join the ranks of ksu, tech, & baylor

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the b12, pac12, acc, sec, & b10 are commonly refereed to as the power 5. the aac, cusa, sun belt, mac, & mwc are refereed to as the group of 5. thats why i call wvu a power school.

p5 vs g5 is basically what replaced bcs/non BCS now that there is a playoff

making a bowl game is a necessity because they are new to the b12 and half to prove themselves. if they continue to have losing seasons people will start to write them off as not being good enough for the b12. wvu is not like ksu or baylor because they don't have that geographical proximity or established b12 member status. they have to be better to stay as relevant than your typical b12 school. to put it simply......wvu has to prove their worth first before they can join the ranks of ksu, tech, & baylor

Well let me even simplify it even further for you brother......Sugar Bowl Champions, Fiesta Bowl Champions, Orange Bowl Champions....all with in the last 7 years...sounds like street cred to me..

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let me even simplify it even further for you brother......Sugar Bowl Champions, Fiesta Bowl Champions, Orange Bowl Champions....all with in the last 7 years...sounds like street cred to me..

and it is all about keeping that cred. it is one thing to go through a B level conference and beat 3 A level teams a year. it is a whole different ballpark to go through an A level conference playing 9 A level teams a year.

just because BSU can go through the MWC and beat a great team at the end of the year does not mean if they went through the b12 that year and played the same team that they would have the same results.

and that is what wvu/tcu have to prove. they must show that they can handle playing top teams week in week out. I predicted they would have 5 years of moderate success doing this before eventually falling to the bottom half of the conference. I just didn't expect the down fall to be this quick. a combined 8-16 record (4-14) in b12 play.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just put john01992 on your ignore list. It's easier that way. He's hates the Big 12 and every current member.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mickey needs to retire. I don't care that he dislikes Dana. Heck, I don't like him either. But as a reporter you need to be more objective than what Mickey is. The article was half-assed and didn't even report what Geno's "incident" was. Drivel like that should get an editor fired...

I have no issue with Parsons being tossed. I'm sure there's more to it than just his connections to WVRC. The third tier rights deal has been a far reaching disaster... Way too many people with media money in their own pockets.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just put john01992 on your ignore list. It's easier that way. He's hates the Big 12 and every current member.
I can't even figure out who he belongs to. I've never seen someone be fans of more than one NCAA school, let alone 4: Penn State, Colorado, Syracuse and Michigan...

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even figure out who he belongs to. I've never seen someone be fans of more than one NCAA school, let alone 4: Penn State, Colorado, Syracuse and Michigan...

born & raised in syracuse, my entire family are michigan fans. and i currently go to school in colorado.

older brother went to colorado & PSU and i made the trip numerous times to visit him and fell in love with both schools and ultimately followed him to CU.