• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I wish we could draft Kony Ealy but he wont be there

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and put one of our top 3 CBs at free safety= again this just our base defense

Who were our top 3?

Carr fell off bad after the Detroit game.
Mo stayed hurt.

Scandrick had a career year I thought

But I don't count three there

and Carr did play a bit of free safety .... more in 2012 than 2013 though

Problem is very few corners can play safety and stay healthy. They do have to atleast help out on the run ..... something very few corners ever do

as many injuries as we had ... did you really want to put another corner out there more than needed playing a position he isn't suited for?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the difference between corner and safety is usually speed.....and money earned.

kinda funny the situation in New Orleans with the TE wanting to be paid like a WR if tagged due to alignments throughout the season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is the $64,000 question.
I'd take a blown assignment from Wilcox any day of the week over the zero ball skills #38 showed everything he played. The problem in Dallas is the evaluators.

Totally agree. At his worst Wilcox was even with Heath IMO. At his best he played a lot better and deserved to be starting after he came back from the injury. I saw no reason to start Heath. Heath was in the middle of everything bad that happened. He just does nothing at all well, or even average. Wilcox showed some bad,,,but at least mixed it in with some good. Still bothers me that someone watched these two and thought we were better off with Wilcox on the bench...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think haha amd pryor will be there when we pick. I normally say no to a safety, but watching heath getting scorched is something I don't want to see again. But this is only if nix and donald aare gone

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry will be convinced that Johnson is our answer & ignore Safety position.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who were our top 3?

Carr fell off bad after the Detroit game.
Mo stayed hurt.

Scandrick had a career year I thought

But I don't count three there

and Carr did play a bit of free safety .... more in 2012 than 2013 though

Problem is very few corners can play safety and stay healthy. They do have to atleast help out on the run ..... something very few corners ever do

as many injuries as we had ... did you really want to put another corner out there more than needed playing a position he isn't suited for?

Maybe so here. I think you understand what Im asking and it makes sense. In a pass happy league, whether we are in base, nickel, dime, whatever- it just seems I would sacrifice tackling for coverage- especially if Lee is playing. Somehow it still seems they are high on Heath and think he will become a decent to good player. He did show he could tackle but coverage skills were at best - bad. In other words, I want more speed and coverage, than I do power and tackling out of my backend.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so here. I think you understand what Im asking and it makes sense. In a pass happy league, whether we are in base, nickel, dime, whatever- it just seems I would sacrifice tackling for coverage- especially if Lee is playing. Somehow it still seems they are high on Heath and think he will become a decent to good player. He did show he could tackle but coverage skills were at best - bad. In other words, I want more speed and coverage, than I do power and tackling out of my backend.

Thats what Wilcox was drafted for. Though I think alot expected more of him than I ever did.

He has the speed an ability. But was an offensive player his whole life. Only played the position one year in college and now still not a full year in the pros. I think he was Jerry's project pick and didn't progress at some unreal rate.

To be the biggest mistake we made in last years draft was taking Webb. I said so when we took him and I still say so.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be the biggest mistake we made in last years draft was taking Webb. I said so when we took him and I still say so.

I didn't know who Webb was to judge the pick at the time. I liked that we grabbed a CB, but was indifferent on the player himself. But, it became obvious real quick that this guy either has no future in the NFL or just wasn't ready to play at this level...yet, like with Heath we kept running him out there. I know the roster was thin, but at CB we let Pellering go, we let Moore go and waited too long to bring him back; at safety we let Allen go and played Heath over Wilcox when he got healthy. I know those other players all had flaws, but IMO you take a risk before you play someone that was performing like Heath and Webb...it still boggles my mind that someone actually thought that it was a good decision to play those two consistently...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know who Webb was to judge the pick at the time. I liked that we grabbed a CB, but was indifferent on the player himself. But, it became obvious real quick that this guy either has no future in the NFL or just wasn't ready to play at this level...yet, like with Heath we kept running him out there. I know the roster was thin, but at CB we let Pellering go, we let Moore go and waited too long to bring him back; at safety we let Allen go and played Heath over Wilcox when he got healthy. I know those other players all had flaws, but IMO you take a risk before you play someone that was performing like Heath and Webb...it still boggles my mind that someone actually thought that it was a good decision to play those two consistently...

Webb went to school here local to me. He wasn't dominate at the small school level. I still think the same of him. Great coaching ..... at best in a few years he turns into a par backup.....
Now that was the wasted draft pick
And I think the Cowboys figured it out too....... Which is why Scandrik got his extension

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you should take BPA and not reach for need. Does everyone remember David Lafleur? If Marquise Lee happens to fall and he is the BPA then we should snag him. Lee would be a great deep threat. Defenses would have a lot of fun trying to cover Williams,Dez and Lee

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cowboys only figured it out IF #20 plays elsewhere

Good point and unfortunately I'd say it's better than 50/50 he is back next year...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you should take BPA and not reach for need. Does everyone remember David Lafleur? If Marquise Lee happens to fall and he is the BPA then we should snag him. Lee would be a great deep threat. Defenses would have a lot of fun trying to cover Williams,Dez and Lee

BPA is in the eyes of the beholder and jerry tired that last year with the TE and WR in rounds two & three.

Ya know....after reading your football opinions for a couple of months now....you could be jerry for all I know....same off the wall shit

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or take the best corner available? If certain defensive lineman drop I don't want to see Jerrah repeat the trend and trade down which normally blows up in his face.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or take the best corner available? If certain defensive lineman drop I don't want to see Jerrah repeat the trend and trade down which normally blows up in his face.

I think best case scenario would be whatever player they are targeting, would be there a few picks later & we trade down from say 16/17 to like 23 & pick up another pick in the top 100 & still get a player we wanted in the 1st round.

So I am open to trading down a lil bit, but not out of the 1st round.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think best case scenario would be whatever player they are targeting, would be there a few picks later & we trade down from say 16/17 to like 23 & pick up another pick in the top 100 & still get a player we wanted in the 1st round.

So I am open to trading down a lil bit, but not out of the 1st round.

And what if that player isn't there at 23? This is what drives me nuts sometimes about the draft scenarios. We all look at all of the Mock drafts and then start to feel that they are an accurate portrayal of exactly what a player's value is and of how the draft will go. But, they are just articles written by people that have no idea what will actually happen. You can talk to a few GMs, but even they don't know what they will do until the draft starts. It only takes one team to decide a 2nd round pick is really a first round pick to make it happen. If you like a player that you feel it is definitely too early to take then trading back is good, but I'd rather just take someone else there and then still grab that player ion the next round if that's the case. To assume a player that you really want is not a value at 17, but he is good value at 23 is crazy and risky. The scenario I always follow with those trade backs are basically when you have 3 or 4 players that you like equally (or no one that you like) and you have the opportunity to trade back 3 or 4 spots, then you do it. Because you are guaranteed not to lose anything and you gain a pick.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what if that player isn't there at 23? This is what drives me nuts sometimes about the draft scenarios. We all look at all of the Mock drafts and then start to feel that they are an accurate portrayal of exactly what a player's value is and of how the draft will go. But, they are just articles written by people that have no idea what will actually happen. You can talk to a few GMs, but even they don't know what they will do until the draft starts. It only takes one team to decide a 2nd round pick is really a first round pick to make it happen. If you like a player that you feel it is definitely too early to take then trading back is good, but I'd rather just take someone else there and then still grab that player ion the next round if that's the case. To assume a player that you really want is not a value at 17, but he is good value at 23 is crazy and risky. The scenario I always follow with those trade backs are basically when you have 3 or 4 players that you like equally (or no one that you like) and you have the opportunity to trade back 3 or 4 spots, then you do it. Because you are guaranteed not to lose anything and you gain a pick.
well you pretty much saying what I was trying to say.
The cowboys usually have a good 3 players or so they want. so trading back only suffers if all players the boys are targeting are picked before their new pick. The entire draft is a gamble. Now if there is a player the boys have tunnel vision on & he is there at 17. Then I agree, just pick the damn player & don't get cute. but honestly I could only see the Cowboys doing that if some top draft pick somehow fell to us, we weren't expecting to have any chance at getting originally. but with all the holes we have, if we can trade back a few spots still get a player we rated highly, & get a free 2nd out of it. that would be awesome.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you pretty much saying what I was trying to say.
The cowboys usually have a good 3 players or so they want. so trading back only suffers if all players the boys are targeting are picked before their new pick. The entire draft is a gamble. Now if there is a player the boys have tunnel vision on & he is there at 17. Then I agree, just pick the damn player & don't get cute. but honestly I could only see the Cowboys doing that if some top draft pick somehow fell to us, we weren't expecting to have any chance at getting originally. but with all the holes we have, if we can trade back a few spots still get a player we rated highly, & get a free 2nd out of it. that would be awesome.

Gotcha, I misread what you were saying...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Jerrah take a chance on Brent? He was sentenced to 6 months in jail.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Jerrah take a chance on Brent? He was sentenced to 6 months in jail.

Most GMs wouldn't consider a person that went to jail for killing one of his players...would Jerry? Who knows...