• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I wish we could draft Kony Ealy but he wont be there

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be the #2 DE off the board after Clowney and likely a top 15 pick, top 10 talent but the QB scramble will drop some players a few spots.

He played opposite a unanimous all-american and while he played great all year, his buddy got all the recognition. Well that has changed and he is coming out of school early. Beast enough to play DE at the next level, bad enough to slide inside (ala the NYG 4 DE pass rush) on passing downs and cause havoc

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be the #2 DE off the board after Clowney and likely a top 15 pick, top 10 talent but the QB scramble will drop some players a few spots.

He played opposite a unanimous all-american and while he played great all year, his buddy got all the recognition. Well that has changed and he is coming out of school early. Beast enough to play DE at the next level, bad enough to slide inside (ala the NYG 4 DE pass rush) on passing downs and cause havoc

With the potential run on QB's, I think he would be there, though I think the Cowboys would go S or DT

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his stock is that high but he is definitely a top
40 pick. With a good combine, he could be the #2 4-3 De but there are still some 3-4 olb pass rushers that have generated more hype than him. Ealy can play, though. He was our best lineman

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his stock is that high but he is definitely a top
40 pick. With a good combine, he could be the #2 4-3 De but there are still some 3-4 olb pass rushers that have generated more hype than him. Ealy can play, though. He was our best lineman

his stock is that high, draft gurus are calling him a top 10 talent.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his stock is that high, draft gurus are calling him a top 10 talent.

NFL.com says he could be drafted in the 1st round. CBS says he's the#3 DE. This tells me he's not graded as a top 10 pick and will likely be there at 16/17.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is interesting. I also find Marqueston Huff, FS WYoming could be someone to look at in the later rounds. Very fast and may fit this defense

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed more than a few mocks having us taking Kony Eaaly. We have a great chance at getting a really good starter,pro bowl caliber player at 16 or 17.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but, HaHa Clinton-Dix should be the top priority if he is there. This team needs to stop screwing around and fix the safety position. I am tired of all the band-aid patch jobs they keep trotting out at safety. Put some real talent back there and be done with it.

Dallas seems to have way better luck finding d linemen in the later rounds than secondary help.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but, HaHa Clinton-Dix should be the top priority if he is there. This team needs to stop screwing around and fix the safety position. I am tired of all the band-aid patch jobs they keep trotting out at safety. Put some real talent back there and be done with it.

Dallas seems to have way better luck finding d linemen in the later rounds than secondary help.

I think Dix would be an impact starter for Dallas from day 1. I've seen some mocks where he was there, but I doubt that he will be. I believe if he is gone, there's a very good chance Dallas trades down like last year. If Dallas could add a 2nd or early 3rd by moving down, I think it would be a great move. With their cap situation, they need all the young prospects they can get

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man how things will change 5 times over between now and April.

AS of today, I think the safety from bama would be perfect if there and if not.....take the best d-lineman at 16/17. Kinda liked Jernigan before the NC game, not so much after the NC game. Can't teach pride and non-stop motor play after play. Maybe Ra'Shede Hageman now...maybe round two...I don't know and Lord knows it will change 5 more times between now and then

I know jerry's best change is at 16/17 and not trading down. Last year is no comparison because of the position of center and the late 1st to mid 2nd round grade. Let trade down jerry work his stuff in round 3 or 4 IF he feels this need to make a splash for ole jerry's ego. Draft the first to picks where they are and don't dare move up.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Ra'Shede Hageman now...maybe round two.

Hageman is football player all the way. And a perfect fit for this defensive line and mainly our D-line coach :suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man how things will change 5 times over between now and April.

AS of today, I think the safety from bama would be perfect if there and if not.....take the best d-lineman at 16/17. .

That pretty much sums up my thinking as of today

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hageman is football player all the way. And a perfect fit for this defensive line and mainly our D-line coach :suds:

I like what I read about him, but I really haven't seen him much. Sounds like a perfect fit though...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I read about him, but I really haven't seen him much. Sounds like a perfect fit though...

He would be a solid pick up .....

Only thing is ... (which this will change several times between now and the draft .... mainly after the combine)
But currently .... we would be taking him way to early with our 1st round pick.
And I don't see him being there for us in the 2nd.

To me he is somewhere around bottom 7 of the 1st round ... but without question top 10 of the second round

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a solid pick up .....

Only thing is ... (which this will change several times between now and the draft .... mainly after the combine)
But currently .... we would be taking him way to early with our 1st round pick.
And I don't see him being there for us in the 2nd.

this is the part that drives me nuts at times about draft opinions from the kipper types.
Jernigan is rated higher and I'd much rather have Hageman at 16/17. Just seems plain to see who will sure fire be good. IF a player isn't motivated game after game in college what makes people think things will be different when they get paid?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the part that drives me nuts at times about draft opinions from the kipper types.
Jernigan is rated higher and I'd much rather have Hageman at 16/17. Just seems plain to see who will sure fire be good. IF a player isn't motivated game after game in college what makes people think things will be different when they get paid?

:L Sadly Jernigan was my guy at one time. Though he was the best D-lineman in the draft.

I wouldn't cry if we got him .... but only because of our current D-line coach.
Different D-line coach ....... yeah I'd be a pissed bitch.

His heart is one question mark he gave me ... and he gave it to me and the wrong time of year.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and I agree with you ..... If there is a guy I want ..... fuck it I'd draft him earlier than the "experts"

Shit I was all on board with the Frederick pick while you still have some crying about it.

I'll take a solid football player over "diva" big name bullshit any day of the week and 52 times on Sundays

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I agree with you ..... If there is a guy I want ..... fuck it I'd draft him earlier than the "experts"

Shit I was all on board with the Frederick pick while you still have some crying about it.

I'll take a solid football player over "diva" big name bullshit any day of the week and 52 times on Sundays

:agree:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Especially on a defense like ours that has been a little soft lately. Usually the tough solid guys even if they don't pan out the way you thought still play the run well because of their effort. When the Diva guys don't pan out they usually hurt you more than help you. I keep reading how the DL is nowhere near what it was last year, but I'm still hoping Dix and then a steal of a DL in the second.