• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think I was wrong last week

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor is the right QB to make this offense work. The key to it is Taylor making good decisions (like he did tonight) and Beck putting him in the right plays (like he did in the 2nd half tonight).

Dumping the ball off to Rex = HELL YES.

Putting Rex in there at fullback = HELL YES.

Fooling the defense making them think we're going right back to Rex again and then Taylor keeping it and running for 10 yards = HELL YES.

Taylor faking handoff to Rex and dropping back and passing (play action like the old days) = HELL YES.

THAT, is how this offense will succeed. And we did it tonight against a good defense. I feel good, as long as Taylor can stay within what he is capable of doing, like he did tonight. He looked like a man on a mission, Rex looked like a man on a mission, and that offensive line looked like men on a mission.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main difference was that Taylor put on the big boy pants and ran the ball himself after half..

He made the wrong read on every handoff in the first half, and seemed afeared to run it himself en sech

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The check downs to Rex were huge in this game..........without Rex on the field, we would have had a lot of trouble out there producing.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Martinez got a helmet sticker tonight from Mark May.......by the way.........en sech

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Brown had a nice interview post-game en sech

you can sees it on scout by doing their 33 day trial with a fake email address

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm listening to the post game right now......will be over around 2:30 or so........then I'm gonna listen to all the interviews :dance:

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
TM did a great job of rallying the troops last night, it was a hellova comeback.

But we've seen an outstanding performance last year against okie, st. to win that one. One game doesn't show the term of consistency.

Can he continue to make the right reads game after game? We'll have to wait "N" see.
But last night was a better job of not freaking out on some broken play's.

aqwk68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I did notice with Taylor in the first half was he seemed to be wanting to just go down instead of trying to get a few extra yards. I understand not wanting your qb to take all those hits while running, but that one run, it was like he didn't know if he should slide or keep runnig and took a huge hit. He was uch better the secodf half, like he finally decided to run the ball until they actually tackled him. He definitley did much better at not just looking at one receiver and checking down.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
LOL @ Mart; when he was facemasked, he looked at the ref and grabbed at his facemask while the play was still going on. That'll get a guy killed if he doesn't pay attention to his surroundings while running.

It just looks funny, he looks at the ref and say's shit they're still coming after me.
AAwwwwwwwwww, I'm gettin' down. Shit that was close.

wiscohusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TM did a great job of rallying the troops last night, it was a helluva comeback.

But we've seen an outstanding performance last year against okie, st. to win that one. One game doesn't show the term of consistency.

Can he continue to make the right reads game after game? We'll have to wait "N" see.
But last night was a better job of not freaking out on some broken play's.

I have to agree. And as much as I'm glad Rex is able to put us on his back, I'm hoping to not HAVE to rely on his awesomeness as much.
Against tOSU, Rex was:
QB
RB
FB
WR
Punt Returner
Made the Tackle on the INT

Again, we gotta find and USE another weapon. I would L-O-V-E to see the 30, diamond, 3RBs (whatever you wanna call it) more. We have a LOT of speed and talented playmakers, and there's only 1 ball. We gotta try to get Green, Abdullah, Turner, Bell, and Heard more touches only to make defenses not focus so much on Rex and Taylor. (I'm done with my computer desk coaching)