• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I sorta miss it...I must be nuts

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thinking today that I sort of miss the "Oh God, every good player is getting signed now!! Is Ted on vacation?!?! What the hell are we doing? Sign player X!!! Sign player Y!! Sign player Z!!!!" banter from the ol' ESPN boards. It was like that sort of fly-off-the-handle chaos became a part of life. It made me feel better that I was slightly more stable than that. Feels like an old friend is gone!

With that, I have decided that I am completely nuts.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't miss it, but if you want, you can turn into some sports radio and hear the same crap. I listened to about 5 minutes of the Bill Michaels show today and all I heard was Ted Thompson needs to do this, his draft and develop doesn't work, he needs to invest in FA, He hasn't hit on enough drafted players blah, blah, blah. and when you miss on drafted players you MUST sign a FA to fill the void. Because FA is always the answer. year after year after year, the team most active in FA improves the most LOL

Like FA's are never misses LOL, they never get paid then do squat. They never get hurt, they never get old, and they always arrive exactly as advertised :) and most importantly, they are never overpaid either.

They won a superbowl not too long ago, they've been in competition every year since. I tend to think they know what they're doing. People can point to seattle as signing FA's last year to win a super bowl. Well they've won 1, just like we have recently and they have an all pro quarterback that they get to pay like a special teamer for another year and had relatively few injuries last year. They're lucky.

If GB doesn't have all those injuries last year I think the season ends a lot differently than it did. But everyone has to knee jerk because they didn't win a super bowl :)

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you miss it, go on Twitter haha

Fans ready to fire TT......also fans saying we needed to sign Byrd, Peppers and trade for Revis

stammer78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see them go get a DB or safety. Someone who is proven.

stammer78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fans ready to fire TT......also fans saying we needed to sign Byrd, Peppers and trade for Revis

Byrd would have been a good sign...Peppers?? No he is a 4-3 DE. Revis? Green Bay does not sign "I" guys.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde is moving to safety and if Hayward comes back healthy our secondary will be just fine. I would love to see us bring in Randy Starks. He will be cheap and fill a need on the DL.

stammer78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde is moving to safety and if Hayward comes back healthy our secondary will be just fine. I would love to see us bring in Randy Starks. He will be cheap and fill a need on the DL.

Hyde moving to safety would be great move. He was solid this year. Hayward comes back the secondary will be decent. Need to do something with Williams and House. Those two they could not cover a fire with a wet blanket. With Worthy coming back and Raji moving to NT the DL should be in good shape. I think we could use a proven corner to replace Williams. Then draft some depth.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde moving to safety would be great move. He was solid this year. Hayward comes back the secondary will be decent. Need to do something with Williams and House. Those two they could not cover a fire with a wet blanket. With Worthy coming back and Raji moving to NT the DL should be in good shape. I think we could use a proven corner to replace Williams. Then draft some depth.

Tramon was awesome down the stretch. He was bad early but really turned it around the second half of the season.

stammer78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tramon was awesome down the stretch. He was bad early but really turned it around the second half of the season.

We all know Ted Thompson is going to make a huge splash in the Free Agency. So my next question is who do you think they should Draft? I kind of like HA HA Clinton-Dix. Only because it would be comical to hear NFL commentators call out his name.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Nix in the first and if we don't mice Hyde to safety either award or Buchannon in the 2nd. If Hyde does move...maybe ILB or TE

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't miss it, but if you want, you can turn into some sports radio and hear the same crap. I listened to about 5 minutes of the Bill Michaels show today and all I heard was Ted Thompson needs to do this, his draft and develop doesn't work, he needs to invest in FA, He hasn't hit on enough drafted players blah, blah, blah. and when you miss on drafted players you MUST sign a FA to fill the void. Because FA is always the answer. year after year after year, the team most active in FA improves the most LOL

Like FA's are never misses LOL, they never get paid then do squat. They never get hurt, they never get old, and they always arrive exactly as advertised :) and most importantly, they are never overpaid either.

They won a superbowl not too long ago, they've been in competition every year since. I tend to think they know what they're doing. People can point to seattle as signing FA's last year to win a super bowl. Well they've won 1, just like we have recently and they have an all pro quarterback that they get to pay like a special teamer for another year and had relatively few injuries last year. They're lucky.

If GB doesn't have all those injuries last year I think the season ends a lot differently than it did. But everyone has to knee jerk because they didn't win a super bowl :)

I just caught the tail end of Bill Michaels today between work and my class...and that was about what I heard too.

I've never understood why GM's never get raked over the coals for missing on free agents like the do for missing on draft picks. You never hear about a guy's bad record in free agency, but the dude misses on a draft pick, fans are all over it. This goes for fans of any team in the NFL, by the way.

More money is "blown" every year on free agent busts than draft busts, I would wager. But far less fuss is put up over it.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really try to avoid twitter. I am anti-tweeting, to say the least. Comment sections on news articles are probably a good second bet to the twitter lunacy!

Rodgers_Cobb_Nelson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have been competitive the last few years , but it's the same down fall in the playoffs each season. The defense has too many holes and realistically we will be one and done with the same type of defense. The safety play has to be the worst in the league. Shields is now paid as a top 5 corner. The inside linebackers and olb opposite Clay is weak. The defensive line is really nothing to be happy about either. Granted it's the first day we still missed out on some huge playmakers we could of made a play on.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thinking today that I sort of miss the "Oh God, every good player is getting signed now!! Is Ted on vacation?!?! What the hell are we doing? Sign player X!!! Sign player Y!! Sign player Z!!!!" banter from the ol' ESPN boards. It was like that sort of fly-off-the-handle chaos became a part of life. It made me feel better that I was slightly more stable than that. Feels like an old friend is gone!

With that, I have decided that I am completely nuts.

I think you miss it, because on ESPN, you and a few others could act like condescending pricks and pretty much have a field day! I must admit, you're a much friendlier fellow in here! :suds:

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have been competitive the last few years , but it's the same down fall in the playoffs each season. The defense has too many holes and realistically we will be one and done with the same type of defense. The safety play has to be the worst in the league. Shields is now paid as a top 5 corner. The inside linebackers and olb opposite Clay is weak. The defensive line is really nothing to be happy about either. Granted it's the first day we still missed out on some huge playmakers we could of made a play on.

I have to admit that I've lost complete faith that this team can stay healthy enough to make a deeper push into the playoffs, regardless of how active GB is in FA, or how well they draft. This team hasn't been really healthy in a long time, and the rash of injuries every year has become the norm.

So, I'd rather GB not go out and sign a huge contract Free agent, because he'd probably come in and get hurt right away. Might as well pay a majority of our hurt players the league minimum. Doesn't sting as bad.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you miss it, because on ESPN, you and a few others could act like condescending pricks and pretty much have a field day! I must admit, you're a much friendlier fellow in here! :suds:

I haven't seen the need to be a condescending prick here. I think there's just more honest-to-goodness football talk here...more level-headedness...and less people saying stuff simply to stir up the pot.

I kinda like being more mellow...I mean really...life's too short, right? :suds:

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen the need to be a condescending prick here. I think there's just more honest-to-goodness football talk here...more level-headedness...and less people saying stuff simply to stir up the pot.

I kinda like being more mellow...I mean really...life's too short, right? :suds:

I agree wholeheartedly! I just wish we had a few more folks here. Then again, more people could also mean more dipshits, but this forum doesn't tolerate nearly as much douchbaggery as ESPN allowed, so more folks probably wouldn't hurt.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wish we had more folks on here to generate more conversation

Rodgers_Cobb_Nelson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They injury bug with this team is pretty ridiculous. I still don't like the idea of relying on injured players coming back and a bunch of rookies to really make this a complete team. The offense will be good once again, but besides clay and shields there aren't any difference makers on the defense. The positive is that we should be able to extend Cobb and Nelson now.