• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I plan on leaving the Tennesse game early

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not doubting that Alabama will spend the money to get a coach.

Keep in mind, you guys did have Bill Curry, Ray Perkins, Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, and Mike Shula as your head coaches before. You haven't struck gold every time you have hired a new guy.

Just like my Huskers are rolling through some shit coaches, Bama has their own history of crap coaches just like a lot of other football programs. The next guy isn't guaranteed to do anything regardless of his name or history.

Big differences:

On probation throughout that stretch.

King of college football now.

Think we might be positioned just a little better? :noidea:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each of those with the exception of Perkins and Dubose were good coaches in their own right. Curry took the team to 10 or 11 wins but was not a Bama guy and that upset some fans. He was done wrong. Many of the others were stop gap coaches that we could get at the time due to either being on probation, or impending penalties. You left out Stallings, who took the team to the 92 title and was the coach that the Bear wanted as his replacement when he retired, but the President at the time wanted Perkins. Shula was a knee jerk reaction because of the Price situation, and Shula did OK for a probation team with few players and taking what he could get(problem kids and all). We always bounce back(might take some time) but we always bounce back.

A lot of 20/20 hindsight and excuses.

Like I said, you aren't guaranteed a winner regardless of their background or history.

What would be the short list for Alabama? Who would be the next guy to come in and keep the machine rolling? Saban isn't exactly a guy that you replace easily.

If you may, can I suggest Bo Pelini? :yahoo:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I see is Saban possibly laying the groundwork for his exit as the head coach at Alabama after the end of this season.

Don't think so, only because he hasn't yet matched the Bear, whose shadow at Alabama is very long. Bear won six national championships, and Saban has only three.

No Bama fan will let him forget it, nor does Saban not know it every day he's hanging his Panama hat in Tuscaloosa. He's a perfectionist, so I think he will stay until he matches or beats the Bear's record.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think so, only because he hasn't yet matched the Bear, whose shadow at Alabama is very long. Bear won six national championships, and Saban has only three.

No Bama fan will let him forget it, nor does Saban not know it every day he's hanging his Panama hat in Tuscaloosa. He's a perfectionist, so I think he will stay until he matches or beats the Bear's record.

Alabama already has a statue of Saban outside your stadium. What more does he need to do in Tuscaloosa?

He'll never surpass Bama fans love and loyalty to the Bear. It simply won't happen. The only measure Saban has to live up to is the 3 out of 4 National Title run he is currently on. That just can't be done over the long haul year in and year out at a single school.

He has shown before that he gets when the getting is good. The expectations are beyond reproach at Alabama for him right now. What can he possibly do to satisfy the hunger of the Bama fan base that he hasn't already delivered? He can't win every game and every National Title, so there isn't much more he can do.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama already has a statue of Saban outside your stadium. What more does he need to do in Tuscaloosa?
Thought that was clear: Win three more crystal footballs.

He'll never surpass Bama fans love and loyalty to the Bear. It simply won't happen. The only measure Saban has to live up to is the 3 out of 4 National Title run he is currently on. That just can't be done over the long haul year in and year out at a single school.
Disagree. If he wins three more crystal footballs, he'll have surpassed the Bear.

He has shown before that he gets when the getting is good. The expectations are beyond reproach at Alabama for him right now. What can he possibly do to satisfy the hunger of the Bama fan base that he hasn't already delivered? He can't win every game and every National Title, so there isn't much more he can do.
Okay. If he moves on, he'll be a beloved ex-Bama football coach, still in the shadow of the Bear. If he's fine with that (and I don't think he is), then good for him.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought that was clear: Win three more crystal footballs.

Disagree. If he wins three more crystal footballs, he'll have surpassed the Bear.

Okay. If he moves on, he'll be a beloved ex-Bama football coach, still in the shadow of the Bear. If he's fine with that (and I don't think he is), then good for him.

You are making an assumption that the end all be all aspirations for Nick Saban is to surpass Bear Bryant in the minds of Alabama fans.

I don't think Nick Saban gives a shit.

He is concerned with winning and building his own legacy. If he moves on to Texas, he could possibly win 3 National Titles at 3 separate schools. That is a legacy that will be extremely tough to ever repeat, much less surpass.

He could possibly rebuild 4 programs in Michigan State, LSU, Alabama, AND Texas while leaving a footprint on college football that may never be seen again.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess who is calling the Bama-Tenn game for CBS today?

:laugh3:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I see is Saban possibly laying the groundwork for his exit as the head coach at Alabama after the end of this season.

People say this stupid crap every year. He will eventually leave, hell it may even be after this season. But if you think it'll be because of some fans leaving games early, then you are extremely out of touch.

Keep dreaming.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who got time to stay around and watch a blowout on a saturday evening? Seriously Saban :stfu:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People say this stupid crap every year. He will eventually leave, hell it may even be after this season. But if you think it'll be because of some fans leaving games early, then you are extremely out of touch.

Keep dreaming.

Didn't say it was because of fans leaving. Said it was because he is starting to lay some groundwork for leaving.

Jokes on you if you thought he would be at Bama for 10 years or more.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say it was because of fans leaving. Said it was because he is starting to lay some groundwork for leaving.

Jokes on you if you thought he would be at Bama for 10 years or more.

He will be.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So to follow your logic, every coach should leave as soon as they win a title or two and find another place to work. Every person who has a job should leave as soon as they reach a certain milestone as they have nothing left to accomplish. This kind of logic escapes me and apparently Saban as he has stated that challenges present themselves in the job, not in the accomplishments. He stated he wanted to win a title, he did that. then it was win more than one title, and he did that and so on. His pursuit is not in titles so much as it is to create what he has been working on, a dynasty that plays hard every game and reloads instead of rebuilds. He still has that in progress and has much work to do. He has also hinted numerous times at being content at Bama and wanting to retire there. No one knows, but this constant talk each year of him leaving gets old, when he hasnt shown a sign he will yet. He gets offers every year in the off-season, yet to take one.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is............................

Has TENNESSEE left the game early yet?