• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I love the SF area

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have allot of money, living in San Francisco would be amazing.

Lived in the Stanford/Palo Alto area for law school, so it is not as fun for a broke college student but was a great place to live. That being said one of the reasons I moved back up to Washington was because I did not want to have to pay the California state income tax.

Cali is nice but not worth the premium I'd have to pay to live there. Plus my entire family is in Washington.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my San Francisco trips, photo album.

images

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! How did this thread devolve into name-calling over the state of the Bay Area school system? As gohusk mentioned, there are good schools and bad schools everywhere. It's really not worth getting into an argument over. Let's just stick to football talk and hating the Niners, huh?

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bay Area minus Oakland is a very beautiful area. I was in San Francisco for a couple days during a family vacation. My dad had decided to drive Highway 1 all the way down to Anaheim to go to Disneyland, man the memories.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has become two cities,the area and that includes Oakland etc remind me of Robocop rundown crime infested areas with private security in place of cops.

Palo Alto and Menlo Park. Once-topnotch public schools like Menlo-Atherton are now whispered about as “problematic,” given the growing enrollment of the children of illegal aliens due to all the 1% needing cheap gardeners and nannys so there has been an explosion in private well guarded schools in enclaves.

It is what i call "hush hush" liberal apartheid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has become two cities,the area and that includes Oakland etc remind me of Robocop rundown crime infested areas with private security in place of cops.

Palo Alto and Menlo Park. Once-topnotch public schools like Menlo-Atherton are now whispered about as “problematic,” given the growing enrollment of the children of illegal aliens due to all the 1% needing cheap gardeners and nannys so there has been an explosion in private well guarded schools in enclaves.

It is what i call "hush hush" liberal apartheid.

Just googled the demographics of Menlo-Atherton and well white kids are the minority in that school.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also and i get a kick out of it is all the liberal hipsters that moved into Oakland during the housing boom and now are saddled with depreciating housing values in an area where if you call the cops you will be lucky to get one come in an hour unless it is a murder or r*pe,they even said they will not come for property crimes etc so you are on your own.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just googled the demographics of Menlo-Atherton and well white kids are the minority in that school.

Now due to the influx of illegals and how California caters to them,so if you cannot afford private school for johnny or little Sally they have to go to the gang infested schools with ESL kids galore,that's liberalism for yah.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh I could so easily go into a political rant about liberalism, but I'd probably get banned.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Menlo-Atherton has one of the craziest wealth disparities around......half poor (some pretty trashy and crime-infested in East Palo Alto) and half-richest community in America. But the rich half is so rich the school has incredible facilities. Anyone would be lucky to send their kids to that school. It really has nothing to do with liberalism, at all.

I've lived in the bay area most of my life. Wouldn't live anywhere else. San Francisco is an awesome city but you have to be doing pretty well to live there these days, the prices are out of control. The rest of the area is just regular expensive. For my money Palo Alto is just about perfect.....a bit warmer, great town, not an urban mess, quality sports and arts on show with Stanford, it has it all.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Menlo-Atherton has one of the craziest wealth disparities around......half poor (some pretty trashy and crime-infested in East Palo Alto) and half-richest community in America. But the rich half is so rich the school has incredible facilities. Anyone would be lucky to send their kids to that school. It really has nothing to do with liberalism, at all.

I've lived in the bay area most of my life. Wouldn't live anywhere else. San Francisco is an awesome city but you have to be doing pretty well to live there these days, the prices are out of control. The rest of the area is just regular expensive. For my money Palo Alto is just about perfect.....a bit warmer, great town, not an urban mess, quality sports and arts on show with Stanford, it has it all.

Great facilities, that's most likely true. But what are the test scores like? I'd probably be close to right in saying that they have been in a decline for the past 10-15 years.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh I could so easily go into a political rant about liberalism, but I'd probably get banned.

Head on over to the political board.

Just about every thread over there gets 20+ replies so you're more than okay to get up on your soap box over there lol.

Plus the people on Sportshoopla are super right wing. You would be received with open arms.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lived in Palo for some time and the commute sucked i could only imagine how bad it is now.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a beautiful place.

But there is no place better during the summer than Seattle. And we have better skiing in the winter.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing though if you are a foodie or an inspiring chef SanFran is the best place to go on the West coast hands down,there is good and bad wherever you go so it really all boils down to lifestyle i guess in what you want.

Myself cannot stand sitting in traffic and have moved a few times due to it,in Palo i spent on average 14 plus hours a week just stuck in traffic,,,,,,no thanks.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head on over to the political board.

Just about every thread over there gets 20+ replies so you're more than okay to get up on your soap box over there lol.

Plus the people on Sportshoopla are super right wing. You would be received with open arms.

Well it sounds fun, but I'd probably get overly frustrated. So I'll just stick to sports.