• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I love the SF area

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been there numerous times. Most recently spent time in Windsor with a side trip to SF ON 4TH of July. Great time. Food. Sites. Except you couldn't see the fireworks. Too much fog.
Repeating the trip this spring with a trip to the ballfield to see a game. Last trip they were out of town so I. Btook an awesome tour of the park. It was busy so they called in an extra guy to lead tours. I got stuck in his group. He strafed off the tour by saying. Lets go this other direction. He said he was going to give us the special tour. I'm not sure if it was different or not. But he was awesome.History. dugouts. Lockerrooms. Etc. Anyway. Looking forward to seeing an April game.

Point is. I bate their team. But still think the city offers a great time. Rode the bus with some interesting people.

Go Hawks.:suds:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rambo-cool-story-bro

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lived in Stanford for 4 years, it really is a nice area. Not going to stop me from talking shit about it though.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went down there for a school trip one year. Very nice area.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have allot of money, living in San Francisco would be amazing.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice place to visit but live?

Lol no freaking way and if you have ever lived there you know the many reasons why.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up down there and lived in SF for 7 years. Great city. I'm the outdoorsy type so I prefer it up here. SF's weird though. When I was living there I'd be the only guy who actually grew up in the area when I went out. Ton's of east coast financial types end up there.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice place to visit but live?

Lol no freaking way and if you have ever lived there you know the many reasons why.

The only two reasons why you wouldn't want to live there are the public school systems (if you have children) and the cost of living. Other than that, the Bay Area is the best place to live on the planet. Hands down. Great weather, great people, diversity, night life, day life, everything. Food, entertainment, culture, all of it.

If you are not a fan of the above, like a simple minded individual, I can see why you would hate the Bay.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only two reasons why you wouldn't want to live there are the public school systems (if you have children) and the cost of living.

Please share what you KNOW about the public school system in the SF area.
Versus what?
Overall Education?
Private Education?
World Wide Education?
US Education?
SF versus the rest of CA in Education?

I'm all ears, please share your FACTS, not FOX spin or your fucking opinion. ...........waiting.

I bet you got nothing of substance.:lame::lame::lame:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coldest winter I ever experienced was a summer in San Francisco…. ;]

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versus what?
Overall Education?
Private Education?
World Wide Education?
US Education?

I'm all ears, please share your FACTS, not FOX spin or your fucking opinion. ...........waiting.

OK dude, ready for this? This is what I know. I have a 13 year old girl. We lived down there for 4 years of her education. Compared to what she gets up here in Oregon, it is weak. She was FAR ahead of her classes every year and had less options in terms of extra curriculars. Now this is simply based on money. I went to school in the Bay for my whole life and it was fine. But now, it seems like they are just behind.

That's all. I don't quote news sites, or get my facts from anything but my own experience. I am a Bay Area guy for life, I am just saddened by the public schools systems in some areas. That's all.

Don't get offended, that is not my intention, I am just saying, I know a lot of parents that say the same thing. I am OF COURSE generalizing, because that is all we can do if we are honest with ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versus what?
Overall Education?
Private Education?
World Wide Education?
US Education?

By the way, you are really reaching on this dude. The triple LAME tag....gimme a break. Settle down and open your mind a little. I don't need a news site or a statistic to base my opinion. If you disagree, that is OK, this is America asshole.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK dude, ready for this? This is what I know. I have a 13 year old girl. We lived down there for 4 years of her education. Compared to what she gets up here in Oregon, it is weak. She was FAR ahead of her classes every year and had less options in terms of extra curriculars. Now this is simply based on money. I went to school in the Bay for my whole life and it was fine. But now, it seems like they are just behind.

That's all. I don't quote news sites, or get my facts from anything but my own experience. I am a Bay Area guy for life, I am just saddened by the public schools systems in some areas. That's all.

Don't get offended, that is not my intention, I am just saying, I know a lot of parents that say the same thing. I am OF COURSE generalizing, because that is all we can do if we are honest with ourselves.

You can't clump the whole "bay area" into one bucket as far as schools go. In my league in high shool in San Jose there was one that had it's own radio station because of all the $'s in the area. There was another that looked like a prison with all the barbed wire around it. They were about 5 miles apart. It's like that with any area. Some public schools are good, some are bad.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up down there and lived in SF for 7 years. Great city. I'm the outdoorsy type so I prefer it up here. SF's weird though. When I was living there I'd be the only guy who actually grew up in the area when I went out. Ton's of east coast financial types end up there.

I lived in NYC. San Francisco must be very attractive to allot of people in huge cities in the frozen Northeast.

Boston or San Francisco? Fuck, which would YOU choose?!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only two reasons why you wouldn't want to live there are the public school systems (if you have children) and the cost of living. Other than that, the Bay Area is the best place to live on the planet. Hands down. Great weather, great people, diversity, night life, day life, everything. Food, entertainment, culture, all of it.

If you are not a fan of the above, like a simple minded individual, I can see why you would hate the Bay.

It's expensive and the weather sucks IMO. Why would anyone live in San Francisco as long as there's LA and San Diego? :D

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't clump the whole "bay area" into one bucket as far as schools go. In my league in high shool in San Jose there was one that had it's own radio station because of all the $'s in the area. There was another that looked like a prison with all the barbed wire around it. They were about 5 miles apart. It's like that with any area. Some public schools are good, some are bad.

I agree. Maybe I am being a little too general. I stand corrected. Just my opinion, that's all I can offer. I don't trust "facts" online. I call what I see and experience. Most of my family still lives in the Bay, all over. I lived there for most of my childhood and part of my adult life as well. I love it there.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in NYC. San Francisco must be very attractive to allot of people in huge cities in the frozen Northeast.

Boston or San Francisco? Fuck, which would YOU choose?!

This was during the .com boom. The area was flooded with MBA's trying to cash in. I'm sure it's a lot different now.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, you are really reaching on this dude. The triple LAME tag....gimme a break. Settle down and open your mind a little. I don't need a news site or a statistic to base my opi
nion. If you disagree, that is OK, this is America asshole.

Easy fuckhead that calls me asshole without knowing shhit.
countries that "rank" ahead of the USA in these ranking systems you see are so loaded with crap.
You do understand that we TEST AND SCORE every student. IEP. SE. 504 ELL. etc.
in other countries you fuck up you work in the fields or shops. They don't get tested.

I don't. Expect some of you to understand this thought.:omg::omg:

Good luck.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Maybe I am being a little too general. I stand corrected. Just my opinion, that's all I can offer. I don't trust "facts" online. I call what I see and experience. Most of my family still lives in the Bay, all over. I lived there for most of my childhood and part of my adult life as well. I love it there.

I like it there too. I came up here and fell in love with the place. I kind of chuckle when people going back and forth about the fans though. I remember going to the stick during Giants/Dodgers series and fights would break out left and right. and drunk fans would throw bottles at the Crazy Crab. Been to Raiders games back in the day and only a lunatic would wear an opposing teams jersey.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy fuckhead that calls me asshole without knowing shhit.
countries that "rank" ahead of the USA in these ranking systems you see are so loaded with crap.
You do understand that we TEST AND SCORE every student. IEP. SE. 504 ELL. etc.
in other countries you fuck up you work in the fields or shops. They don't get tested.

I don't. Expect some of you to understand this thought.:omg::omg:

Good luck.

um...wut?