• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like this suggestion

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say make the players sign a medical waiver if they insist on playing, put the ball in their field.

Don't they already do something like that when they sign there contract?

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean as policy stands today, there are no cases of players trying to hurt other players?
No definitely there is that, and shadiness, going on all over the NFL. I guess I figure it would be more of a shit show than it is now, with head office trying to determine who is doing it purposely,:noidea: or accidentally. Then it would be even more of a mess to determine equal standard punishment. It's already mess. I'm not sure there is an adequate solution that will appease everybody.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think there is varying levels of concussions and there is IMPACT testing and various other measures in place

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think KJ Wright should STFU

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think hes semi- uneducated on the concussion process.......

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is this.

Aaron Hernandez was in the NFL for only 3 seasons. And he was only 23-24 years old when he stopped playing.
And yet after he died, he had one of the worst cases of CTE anyone had ever seen.

So how can you have such a severe case of CTE after just 3 seasons?

I will not be surprised if it is discovered that there is another major component to CTE and it has nothing to do with concussions.

Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that at the time of his death. Hernandez had been playing tackle football for well over half those 23-24 years. I started playing at 10 years old and pee wee is what? 8 years old

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that at the time of his death. Hernandez had been playing tackle football for well over half those 23-24 years. I started playing at 10 years old and pee wee is what? 8 years old

It is not an assumption. He was playing football as early as 6 years old.
His brain had more CTE damage than anyone had ever seen.

So it begs the question, is the worst CTE damage happening in high school, college?
Maybe even sooner?

I do know this,

All of the fingers pointing at the NFL as the sole cause of CTE have avoided any speculation that concussions
received in Pee Wee, High School & college are just as much responsible if not more for CTE brain damage.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it begs the question, is the worst CTE damage happening in high school, college?
Maybe even sooner?

I do know this,

All of the fingers pointing at the NFL as the sole cause of CTE have avoided any speculation that concussions
received in Pee Wee, High School & college are just as much responsible if not more for CTE brain damage.

"His brain had more CTE damage than anyone had ever seen. FOR HIS AGE.....

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe even sooner?

I do know this,

Yeah, that attitude, its all the NFL's fault, I think has been laid to rest or is at least getting laid lower n lower everyday. Medical peeps are now saying the risk may indeed by greater as a teen/child because the brain is still in the early development stages. I think the consensus that tackle football shouldn't be played till a kid hits high school is gonna become a standard of sorts. If not for schools in a uniform, like-minded fashion . For a lotta parents it will. I've even heard a few opine that's probably still too early and to wait till college.

I wouldn't be surprised if football goes the way of the dodo bird within 20 years. As more and more parents stop their children from playing football.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"His brain had more CTE damage than anyone had ever seen. FOR HIS AGE.....

My mistake,that is correct. But that phrase does not go far enough.

That was the worse case of CTE for any brain younger than 46 years old. He was only 27.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt they say Chris henry had a severe case of CTE also (or something wrong with his brain) He was very young I thought when he died (the WR that fell out off of a truck & hit his head & died) Just remember it was a Bengal WR.