• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like this suggestion

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if there was a full month between the championships and Superbowl, it wouldn't matter? It's a matter of time having passed, not just "welllll, we gotta wait 'til anudder game is pwayed! " you continue to be one of the dumbasses in this board, stop doing that. Dumbass
NEXT GAME!!!!!! The proposal is next game...

Ahh name calling the true beginning of the end, the inability of the counter debater to see the fault in their argument. Either way the point is to have the caveat of the waiver make the player responsible. If you can't wrap your head around that I see no reason to continue.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahh name calling the true beginning of the end, the inability of the counter debater to see the fault in their argument. Either way the point is to have the caveat of the waiver make the player responsible. If you can't wrap your head around that I see no reason to continue.

And I'm saying this "next game" proposal is horse dick if there's enough time between one game to the next, for the player to be expected (within reason) to play.

"b-b-b-but da nayuxxxt gaaaaame!! 'n waivers 'n stuffs!! "

Derp

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm saying this "next game" proposal is horse dick if there's enough time between one game to the next, for the player to be expected (within reason) to play.

"b-b-b-but da nayuxxxt gaaaaame!! 'n waivers 'n stuffs!! "

Derp
What if he is concussed in the Super Bowl?

THEN HE'LL HAVE TO MISS THE OPENING DAY GAME THE FOLLOWING YEAR!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem with that logic, how are the players decision making skills affected by the concussion?

Money on the line and concussive decision skills? Doesn't make sound sense to me.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with this idea (although it is good), is that some players on some teams would try to purposely try and concuss another player, just to know their team out of standings or playoffs. Who would be accountable for those players and what type of punishment would be best for them? suspended 8 games? how would you prove it?:L

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haven't figured out to edit yet.... "knock" not know (another team) out of standings or playoffs

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP. These guys already sign a "waiver". Its called a contract. In the standards player contract it is stated that players cannot sue their employer for injuries sustained from playing and the team covers all the costs for medical services.

If you play pro football you know the risk. Yet for the ego, money, or whatever players still choose to play.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better players have better agents. And Lawyers.

Not so great agent on a contract year...Get yer ass in there, yer fine.
Still don't feel sorry for them. Until someone can show me evidence of the gun pointed to their heads forcing them to play like slaves it is still their choice to accept the risks.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with this idea (although it is good), is that some players on some teams would try to purposely try and concuss another player, just to know their team out of standings or playoffs. Who would be accountable for those players and what type of punishment would be best for them? suspended 8 games? how would you prove it?:L
You mean as policy stands today, there are no cases of players trying to hurt other players?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough when money is runnin shit. "Whatever is good for the league" -- Roger

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with that logic, how are the players decision making skills affected by the concussion?

Money on the line and concussive decision skills? Doesn't make sound sense to me.
If they are concussed to that point it's more than likely there is no way they are getting medical clearance. The proposal specifically states a game because it's about avoiding the contact to protect the player. If the player is asked a series of questions it would be obvious to a doctor if the thought processes were on point.

There is no easy answer to this problem, but if we shift the responsibility from the league to the player that lessens recourse at a later date.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say make the players sign a medical waiver if they insist on playing, put the ball in their field.

A concussed player signing a waiver would be meaningless. It would be a cakewalk in court to prove he was not thinking clearly.....

You must be of sound mind to sign a waiver and even then it might fall apart in court.....

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Brady gets concussed in the AFCCG he has to miss the SB?
Yes!! Why would Brady be any different? A concussion is a concussion. The only problem I would have, is who determines if it's a concussion or not?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is this.

Aaron Hernandez was in the NFL for only 3 seasons. And he was only 23-24 years old when he stopped playing.
And yet after he died, he had one of the worst cases of CTE anyone had ever seen.

So how can you have such a severe case of CTE after just 3 seasons?

I will not be surprised if it is discovered that there is another major component to CTE and it has nothing to do with concussions.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is this.

Aaron Hernandez was in the NFL for only 3 seasons. And he was only 23-24 years old when he stopped playing.
And yet after he died, he had one of the worst cases of CTE anyone had ever seen.

So how can you have such a severe case of CTE after just 3 seasons?

I will not be surprised if it is discovered that there is another major component to CTE and it has nothing to do with concussions.

Hmm, interesting.