• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate it when Bevell

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is 11-2 because it has extremely talented players on both sides of the ball. But if we're talking in term of playcalling, it has been suspicious all season long. Bevell shows flashes of greatness as shown in the Atlanta and New Orleans game, but there were some poor decisions that can cost a team in the playoffs.

It's frustrating sometimes. But I understand their commitment to the run.

As far as being good because of talent? That sort of takes away from the guys developing these players and putting them in position to win. Call me old school, but I still feel that football is a coaches game.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with 35 carries… BUT please make some of those on the goal-line with Lynch… Also when your up and in control of a game why run Wilson and risk injury ? USE your running backs if that's your philosophy…

fair enough

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating sometimes. But I understand their commitment to the run.

As far as being good because of talent? That sort of takes away from the guys developing these players and putting them in position to win. Call me old school, but I still feel that football is a coaches game.

Obviously I should've commented it better and said talent is one of the main contributing factor. Obviously there's a lot of reasons why this team is 11-2 and it's not just talent alone.

I think you make a good point though as I always feel like this is a run first team to begin with and it will always be as long as Lynch, Wilson and Carroll are around. But it's frustrating sometimes.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@#$^@#$^@$#%&#$&%@ OK thaYt's my @#$%^@$%^ing point… WHY DO YOU THROW THE BALL THERE ??? WHY?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got it back but USE THE RUNNING GAME NOW!!! My god

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your ok with Bevell throwing the ball on 3rd and goal from the 1 yard line when you have the most physical back in the NFL… THEN he runs it on 4th and goal but we get a false start… Dude our record is good but were NOT DONE YET… We need to play better offensively if we want to reach our goals… You can disagree all you want with this thread I"m ok with that BUT I'm not satisfied with 11-2 …. We have to clean some stuff up...

Stu, you are a respected poster and I am not going to get in a match with you over this.
If I want, I can bitch about a lack of time outs at the end of last week. I can bitch about Percy. I can complain about our alignment and call on Gores 51 yarder last week.

My big picture tells me there is no perfection in any of this. I am totally good with the way things are.
I have seen/read fans from other teams wanting to go after Bevell. He might be harder to replace than some of you think.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stu, you are a respected poster and I am not going to get in a match with you over this.
If I want, I can bitch about a lack of time outs at the end of last week. I can bitch about Percy. I can complain about our alignment and call on Gores 51 yarder last week.

My big picture tells me there is no perfection in any of this. I am totally good with the way things are.
I have seen/read fans from other teams wanting to go after Bevell. He might be harder to replace than some of you think.

I don't think anyone is arguing Bevell is a poor coordinator, he is a very good one! I think people are legitimately concern about some of his play-calling.

I will say ff we do lose Bevell, I'm confident that Carroll and company will find someone just as good if not better than Bevell. We lost a tremendous defensive coordinator this season and found someone better. So there's no reason to think it won't be the same for OC.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a reason Lynch flipped Bevell off during a game… Sometimes the guy just refuses to run the ball in situations that dictate using the running game… That's my issue… I hear ya on having other things to complain about but this is a big one for me because we gave the Giants LOTS of opportunities not just taking there hearts and pounding the rock… My hope is they take the reigns off Wilson and allow him to audible any time he feel's like it… Bevell get's too dam cute… It's ok to get cute sometimes but not when your up big and needing to kill the clock OR your on the goal-line and you pass 4 times….

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason Lynch flipped Bevell off during a game… Sometimes the guy just refuses to run the ball in situations that dictate using the running game… That's my issue… I hear ya on having other things to complain about but this is a big one for me because we gave the Giants LOTS of opportunities not just taking there hearts and pounding the rock… My hope is they take the reigns off Wilson and allow him to audible any time he feel's like it… Bevell get's too dam cute… It's ok to get cute sometimes but not when your up big and needing to kill the clock OR your on the goal-line and you pass 4 times….

HEY!

You and I have no problem:yahoo:

We are 12-2 and rocking it!

Go Seahawks.

I love this team.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY!

You and I have no problem:yahoo:

We are 12-2 and rocking it!

Go Seahawks.

I love this team.

OH man cut me I bleed blue brotha! No problems at all… I just want this team playing at the highest level possible come playoff time…

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runs on 2nd and a mile forcing us into a 3rd and long…. If your running play on 1st down forces you into a second and a mile it's better strategically to get a chunk back instead of being so @#$^ing conservative… Just kinda irritating

The only way we lose in the playoffs will be because of Bevell's conservative play calling crap. In the redzone, he acts like he's headed to the Dr's for a prostate exam.

If we continue to kick field goals because he runs twice and then calls a pass, we will pay the piper. Not debbie downer because I love this squad, but playcalling effects the outcome of football games more than the MLB, NHL, BB combined.

Example: Take last week when he played not to lose vs to play to win in SF. That trash Bevell called at the 15 yd line was a joke and exactly how you lose. :noidea:

Can anyone tell me what we'd do against a solid SF run D even if we got to the 5 or 7 yd line? The more you pack it in, it feeds right into the 9er's strength. Bevell should know that you take your shots from the 15 yd line because RWill will have 30 yds of room including the drop to go for 7. Bevell needs to hit the road jack. Ray Charles couldn't have said it any better.

I love this team, big time, but I do have some Bevell playoff trepidation, without question. Go Hawks.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want to run the ball 35 time a game, and you cant do that without being very predictable. It's a winning strategy so I cant be upset with it.

It won't be against SF or Carolina in the playoffs. You can take that to the bank or book it, whatever buzz phrase you prefer.

That is exactly how you play close games and leave yourself to get beat.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see more screens and dump offs because our WR's are good blockers in open field.

:lol: Bro, we've been yelling for this since the Panther game in the weekly strategy. Today was the best day of using Lynch as a checkdown all season. First game I've been extremely pleased with that strategy. Where was it during the Okung and Breno injuries? That is what we feared. Getting RWill blasted with the aggressive DE's we faced. At least Bevell can see how effective a safety valve can be.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is 11-2 because it has extremely talented players on both sides of the ball. But if we're talking in term of playcalling, it has been suspicious all season long. Bevell shows flashes of greatness as shown in the Atlanta and New Orleans game, but there were some poor decisions that can cost a team in the playoffs.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: I agree... :nod:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I have to disagree with this thread.

We are 11-2 heading for hopefully 12-2.
Best team in our history, no doubt about that.
Upon victory, RW will be the most winningest QB ever after his 1st 2 seasons.
Going 6-2 (should be as we lead 13-0 in the 2nd half and are looking to score again) again setting another team road win record while playing 5 10 am starts.
There will be mistakes along the way.
I find no fault with this team.

There is no fault with the players. Best roster we've ever fielded and why PC/JS should be executive(s) of the year. They are jedi mind chit in getting an expansion team when taking over in 2010 and turning it into a 12-2 team. What those 2 have done is beyond incredible. It's flat out ridiculous.

Having concerns with Bevell's thought process is a definite concern and am not sure how anyone doesn't have some issue with it heading into the playoffs.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be against SF or Carolina in the playoffs. You can take that to the bank or book it, whatever buzz phrase you prefer.

That is exactly how you play close games and leave yourself to get beat.

They ran the ball 47 times against SF at the Clink this year.

I'm just saying that there is a direct correlation between the number of carries and wins, and Pete has stated it repeatedly that they feel the need to get to a certain amount of carries. I seriously believe that Pete doesn't mind at all to play 3 close quarters because he knows that the opposing defense will be more worn down than his down the stretch. I would expect to see A LOT of Beast Mode in the playoffs. Some runs will go nowhere, but their strategy wont change.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran the ball 47 times against SF at the Clink this year.

I'm just saying that there is a direct correlation between the number of carries and wins, and Pete has stated it repeatedly that they feel the need to get to a certain amount of carries. I seriously believe that Pete doesn't mind at all to play 3 close quarters because he knows that the opposing defense will be more worn down than his down the stretch. I would expect to see A LOT of Beast Mode in the playoffs. Some runs will go nowhere, but their strategy wont change.

Of course the flow of the game can dictate all types of changes, anything is possible. But there are certain things that they want to do, and this is one of them.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Bro, we've been yelling for this since the Panther game in the weekly strategy. Today was the best day of using Lynch as a checkdown all season. First game I've been extremely pleased with that strategy. Where was it during the Okung and Breno injuries? That is what we feared. Getting RWill blasted with the aggressive DE's we faced. At least Bevell can see how effective a safety valve can be.

It was refreshing to see and hopefully Bevell continues to call these plays when needed. My concern is the play calling in the red zone needs to get better, way to many FG's inside the 20. Bevell needs to get creative in this area.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is when bevell gets creative, leave that shit for college football.

Like the end around to Baldwin after the second Maxwell INT when we were inside the redzone. For one thing, Baldwin is not the right player for that play, Tate would make much more sense. Second, if you are going to run the damn ball, give it to Lynch!!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy fuck-sicle Uhsplit, we agree with something! Look, as a coach myself, you strive for perfection but will assuredly never obtain it. Also, what makes an athlete/coach/system great will also be the thing that drives you bat shit crazy too. I have an athlete who is crazy competitive. Like wants to beat the shit out of you in checkers kind of competitive drive. That is what ultimately has him ranked top 10 in the nation but his inability to turn that off is what makes him a bit socially inept.

Bevell is a good OC. He calls a good game. He sometimes outthinks himself and sometimes he gets a bit conservative. But you run a ball-control conservative offense based around a physical running game and he follows that blueprint pretty consistently. Perfect? No, but you cannot say that he isn't somewhat consistent in his play calling, can you?