• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate it when Bevell

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Bro, we've been yelling for this since the Panther game in the weekly strategy. Today was the best day of using Lynch as a checkdown all season. First game I've been extremely pleased with that strategy. Where was it during the Okung and Breno injuries? That is what we feared. Getting RWill blasted with the aggressive DE's we faced. At least Bevell can see how effective a safety valve can be.

If you run the screen, you are in essence inviting the pass rush towards RW, which would make him more likely to take an unnecessary shot, no?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran the ball 47 times against SF at the Clink this year.

I'm just saying that there is a direct correlation between the number of carries and wins, and Pete has stated it repeatedly that they feel the need to get to a certain amount of carries. I seriously believe that Pete doesn't mind at all to play 3 close quarters because he knows that the opposing defense will be more worn down than his down the stretch. I would expect to see A LOT of Beast Mode in the playoffs. Some runs will go nowhere, but their strategy wont change.

You may be happy with a 5-0 lead at half, but I won't be. I hope we attack through the air a lot more
especially if we're in the red zone. Settling for fg's would be disastrous. I don't want Bevell to think, let's
kick 3's and rely on our D. That's what it appeared down in SF last week.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you run the screen, you are in essence inviting the pass rush towards RW, which would make him more likely to take an unnecessary shot, no?

Did he take unnecessary hits with the check downs, yesterday?

Uh, no.. Were you around to watch Montana and Roger Craig?

I'm not being smart, I'd like an honest answer because it doesn't seem like you were
and that's your squad I'm referencing.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is when bevell gets creative, leave that shit for college football.

Like the end around to Baldwin after the second Maxwell INT when we were inside the redzone. For one thing, Baldwin is not the right player for that play, Tate would make much more sense. Second, if you are going to run the damn ball, give it to Lynch!!

:agree: Tate is the guy who is dangerous with the ball. This is a play for Harvin. Speaking of, when is
he coming back? I'm laughing because we haven't even used him and we're 12-2. Did we
really need the trade? He needs to get back for the playoffs and have an electrifying kick off return
for 7 to get some ROI.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be happy with a 5-0 lead at half, but I won't be. I hope we attack through the air a lot more
especially if we're in the red zone. Settling for fg's would be disastrous. I don't want Bevell to think, let's
kick 3's and rely on our D. That's what it appeared down in SF last week.

Nobody said I'm happy with 5-0 at half. Put words in to peoples mouths much? I'm happy with à win.

I'm not calling these plays. I just understand the strategy of reaching à certain amount of carries. I would love to see them light up the scoreboard every game, but I wont hold my breath for it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one gets more frustrated at watching our offense stall than I do and I'm often vocal about my disdain for some of Bevell's play calling, however they move the ball about as well as any other team in the league until the red zone.

I'm willing to give Bevell the credit he deserves for moving the ball down field against just about everyone, but what this team really needs to improve on is red zone efficiency. The play calling is really not very inspiring in that aspect of the game and it has cost this team many many points over the entire season.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know our TD percentage in the redzone as well as where we stand in the league? I am guessing it isn't incredibly high, but also not incredibly low. We have to remember, this team's offense is not on the level of the Broncos or Patriots (w/Gronk), etc. Most of our big plays come from scramble plays or play-action roll outs. The last two games teams have covered the play-action rollouts very well.

Also, remember that just because a teams offense sucks (Giants) does not mean their defense sucks. Their D is pretty good and I am glad our O got tested a bit. We scored 22 points more than necessary to win. That is usally considered a blowout. When RW got pulled he wanted to be out there because he wanted to perform better and have the entire offense execute better, but the game was in hand, so it was that smart move to pull him out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oct, I hear you, but when they run on both first and second off guard and leave you with 3rd and long so many times it gets old. That exact situation cost them the 49'ers game and has happened many times. Just my opinion.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is ranked 6th in the NFL in red zone efficiency at 58.82% (TDs only). So, they really aren't that bad compared to the rest of the league.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oct, I hear you, but when they run on both first and second off guard and leave you with 3rd and long so many times it gets old. That exact situation cost them the 49'ers game and has happened many times. Just my opinion.

I certainly understand this thread. It is frustrating not getting TDs, especially knowing the defenses and offenses we will be facing in the playoffs. I was calling for 3 straight runs inside the 5 instead of "creative" pass attempts just 4 weeks ago.

We don't have a Calvin Johnson for a jump ball. We don't have a tall QB who can deliver a quick slant to ZM unless a lane is opened, and we don't have anyone with incredible wiggle to shed his defender quickly. We also don't have, in spite of the design of the team, an O-line that can impose its will in a jumbo package. That is why Lynch always has to Beast mode to try and score and why he has been stripped a few times inside the 5. It is frustrating, and I hope it doesn't bite us in the ass in the playoffs, but it is what it is at the moment. Could be the play calls are vanilla on purpose now, but I can't imagine why they would have been against the Niners last week.

I actually prefer this team at about the 15-25 yard range. That is our best chance to score a TD, unless the opposing D-line is bad and is giving up huge gains on the ground. I also hope Percy comes back and gives us another threat the defense has to cover and his elusiveness is tough to match up against.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he take unnecessary hits with the check downs, yesterday?

Uh, no.. Were you around to watch Montana and Roger Craig?

I'm not being smart, I'd like an honest answer because it doesn't seem like you were
and that's your squad I'm referencing.

Oh I was and I remember Montana taking some shots that made me hold my breath when doing the screens. That's why I brought it up.

I didn't watch the Hawks yesterday so I couldn't answer your first question.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is ranked 6th in the NFL in red zone efficiency at 58.82% (TDs only). So, they really aren't that bad compared to the rest of the league.

That % should be higher.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem is when bevell gets creative, leave that shit for college football.

Like the end around to Baldwin after the second Maxwell INT when we were inside the redzone. For one thing, Baldwin is not the right player for that play, Tate would make much more sense. Second, if you are going to run the damn ball, give it to Lynch!!

By creative I mean crossing routes, slant routes, come back routes, etc. Yes, run Lynch for God's sake.