• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate fantasy football

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate vetoes its a bs league trade should go through...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate fantasy football because I lost my league game by .09 points this week after my QB Jay Cutler took 3 kneel downs and lost me .3 points. LOL. Fucker!! First he beats my Falcons and then his victory formation loses me my victory..

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same bullshit, different day.

Another owner, who has a record of 2-4 and is only 21 points behind my team in total points scored, proposed this trade to me, which I accepted:
I trade away:
Alfred Morris
Golden Tate

I receive:
Calvin Johnson
Desean Jackson

The same owner that said my team is already stacked and would become even more stacked with the Dez Bryant trade has this to say about the trade:
No. Unfair trade IMO. DJax and Megatron (when he returns) are much more valuable than Golden and Morris. Again, my opinion, my vote.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you got a pretty good deal.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another owner, who has a record of 2-4 and is only 21 points behind my team in total points scored, proposed this trade to me, which I accepted:
I trade away:
Alfred Morris
Golden Tate

I receive:
Calvin Johnson
Desean Jackson

The same owner that said my team is already stacked and would become even more stacked with the Dez Bryant trade has this to say about the trade:

as this trade is much worse than the original trade, I would expect that this would be vetoed, and not bothered by that... Again you have to know your league before you can be upset by your league...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you got a pretty good deal.

I think so as well, but it's pretty telling that the owner that has scored the 2nd most points in the league is willing to give up Megatron because he knows that it will better his team in the long run and stabilize his RB depth.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have zero at RB in my league. Rashard Jennings and Doug martin. I have Dez and AJ Green. Thinking about seeing if I can get Dez for maybe Marshawn or Bell

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I trade away:
Alfred Morris
Golden Tate

I receive:
Calvin Johnson
Desean Jackson

Such Bs

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro, I know you want these trades to go through, but even in your explanations you are admitting that you are getting the better end of the deal... With the knowledge that a league vetoes trades, and you have been in this league since 2009, you should know trading your bench players for a stud just wont work... You can bitch, but this is YOUR fault... Either get out of this league, or follow the leagues rules!!! You can not have it both ways, and stop thinking everyone in the league are morons(which you clearly do)...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro, I know you want these trades to go through, but even in your explanations you are admitting that you are getting the better end of the deal... With the knowledge that a league vetoes trades, and you have been in this league since 2009, you should know trading your bench players for a stud just wont work... You can bitch, but this is YOUR fault... Either get out of this league, or follow the leagues rules!!! You can not have it both ways, and stop thinking everyone in the league are morons(which you clearly do)...

You've already had multiple people tell you that you line of thinking on this is wrong, so....whatever you say sunshine.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get why it was vetoed but this year has been extremely fluky fantasy points wise. I mean I had a league where I won by about 30 plus for two weeks because my players got ridiculous amounts of points then the last 4 (which i have lost all 4) they have gotten me nothing! You have to make trades in leagues. sure it would increase Jeffro's team but that's on paper....Not in real life.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've already had multiple people tell you that you line of thinking on this is wrong, so....whatever you say sunshine.

Actually I haven't... Its ok to vent but all you have been trying to do on this thread is defend your trades that you knew were shit trades for THIS league...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I haven't... Its ok to vent but all you have been trying to do on this thread is defend your trades that you knew were shit trades for THIS league...

tlance, jarntt, and others have said that the trade shouldn't have been vetoed simply because I am leading the league, it's simply poor sportsmanship. But, keep on spewing what you are spewing. :suds:

Shit trades? In the first trade, I was giving up a low end QB1, a high RB2, and a low end WR2.
I was getting back a WR1, a low end QB2, and a RB3/4. How exactly is that a shit trade?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tlance, jarntt, and others have said that the trade shouldn't have been vetoed simply because I am leading the league, it's simply poor sportsmanship. But, keep on spewing what you are spewing. :suds:

Shit trades? In the first trade, I was giving up a low end QB1, a high RB2, and a low end WR2.
I was getting back a WR1, a low end QB2, and a RB3/4. How exactly is that a shit trade?

and the league saw that you traded 2 bench players(on your bench) and a future bench player for an elite player... The point is that your league votes down BAD trades, not only trades that they assume is collusion, you should know this as you have been in this league since 2009... If you know they vote down trades, then you should not be taking part in trades that you know your league will vote down... it is that simple... Again, either leave your league or play by the rules...

your team is significantly better after both of these trades... And a league like this doesn't want one trade to significantly change anything...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the league saw that you traded 2 bench players(on your bench) and a future bench player for an elite player... The point is that your league votes down BAD trades, not only trades that they assume is collusion, you should know this as you have been in this league since 2009... If you know they vote down trades, then you should not be taking part in trades that you know your league will vote down... it is that simple... Again, either leave your league or play by the rules...

your team is significantly better after both of these trades... And a league like this doesn't want one trade to significantly change anything...

and the players that I was trading to the other team would have made that team much better. He was getting an upgrade at QB (receiving Matt Ryan over Eli Manning and Andy Dalton), an upgrade at RB (receiving Lamar Miller and giving up Darren McFadden). I was losing a tremendous amount of depth, while receiving a WR1. How is the team in last place to supposed to improve their team if they can't trade their top FF player, and in return 3 players that they can immediately plug into their lineup?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the players that I was trading to the other team would have made that team much better. He was getting an upgrade at QB (receiving Matt Ryan over Eli Manning and Andy Dalton), an upgrade at RB (receiving Lamar Miller and giving up Darren McFadden). I was losing a tremendous amount of depth, while receiving a WR1. How is the team in last place to supposed to improve their team if they can't trade their top FF player, and in return 3 players that they can immediately plug into their lineup?

This! ^^^

They only saw that your starting lineup was getting better and vetoed with no concern for the other team.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one thing that seems to be getting overlooked here. We can debate the validity of the deal, and the right and wrong of vetoing it, who got the better end, how much it helped the other team. .yada..yada..
but in the end, when the rules of the league are in place and they allow owners to veto trades. . The only statement that matters is one you yourself mentioned earlier:

No. Unfair trade IMO. DJax and Megatron (when he returns) are much more valuable than Golden and Morris. Again, my opinion, my vote.

I can see where the trade benefits the bottom guy, even if I personally feel its much less of a benefit than you do. But I can also understand the frustration on your part. But bottom line. ."my opinion, my vote" is all that needs to be said. I'll never fault an owner for trying to win, and if that means using the rules that are in place to block a team in front, or behind them, from getting better, so be it. The discussion needs to be with your fellow owners and commish about altering the trade veto rules for 2015, not about whether the trade was fair or not, because that isn't really the issue.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This! ^^^

They only saw that your starting lineup was getting better and vetoed with no concern for the other team.

This is according to Yahoo FF projections.
Matt Ryan has 254 points remaining.
Eli Manning has 184 points remaining.

Lamar Miller has 108 points remaining.
Darren McFadden has 76 points remaining.

Golden Tate has 68 points remaining.
Dez Bryant has 126 points remaining.

The other team would have a net gain of 44 projected points.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one thing that seems to be getting overlooked here. We can debate the validity of the deal, and the right and wrong of vetoing it, who got the better end, how much it helped the other team. .yada..yada..
but in the end, when the rules of the league are in place and they allow owners to veto trades. . The only statement that matters is one you yourself mentioned earlier:

I can see where the trade benefits the bottom guy, even if I personally feel its much less of a benefit than you do. But I can also understand the frustration on your part. But bottom line. ."my opinion, my vote" is all that needs to be said. I'll never fault an owner for trying to win, and if that means using the rules that are in place to block a team in front, or behind them, from getting better, so be it. The discussion needs to be with your fellow owners and commish about altering the trade veto rules for 2015, not about whether the trade was fair or not, because that isn't really the issue.

Thanks treff, that is what I am trying to make Jeffro understand... Any league that vetoes what they think is a bad trade, until the Veto system is changed, then it is the Owners job to make the trade good enough where the rest of the league would not vote it down... And if you have been in this league for 5 seasons you should know what kind of trades get voted down and which go through... And I bet trades like these 2 NEVER go through, and it is not because he is the best team, it is because he is trading His bench players for STUDS...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks treff, that is what I am trying to make Jeffro understand... Any league that vetoes what they think is a bad trade, until the Veto system is changed, then it is the Owners job to make the trade good enough where the rest of the league would not vote it down... And if you have been in this league for 5 seasons you should know what kind of trades get voted down and which go through... And I bet trades like these 2 NEVER go through, and it is not because he is the best team, it is because he is trading His bench players for STUDS...

You'd probably have better luck by avoiding terms like "shit trades".. just maybe