• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Guess The LA Chargers Didn't Grease His Palm?

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do he know he could get killed out here, telling the Raiders to stay away?

Do he? Usually some hapless Charger fan gets shanked in San Diego every time you bozos come down here. When London gets an expansion team, the Raiders should be the ones to go - you'll fit right in with Brittish soccer fans. You deserve each other.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article where the guy questioned whether the Chargers would draw 30K.

I have been in the Coliseum with 100,000 other people for The Who in 1981. Dodgers pulled 100k in 1959 there.

Hell, USC pulls around 50,000. UCLA 40-50K.

LA Rams gonna be 50K. 100k when the Raiders come to town.

40-50k for USC and UCLA? That's only like half the stadium. They pull 75-90k every game.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do he? Usually some hapless Charger fan gets shanked in San Diego every time you bozos come down here. When London gets an expansion team, the Raiders should be the ones to go - you'll fit right in with Brittish soccer fans. You deserve each other.

No thanks!

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40-50k for USC and UCLA? That's only like half the stadium. They pull 75-90k every game.

No way the Chargers get anywhere close to that....unless The Raiders are in town...hard to believe Adam Davis isn't moving to Los Angeles.

Is he the "brokest" owner?

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If chargers stay in SD and the raiders move to LA.....
They will instantly become the 4th place NFL franchise in Cali. I'd Imagine any "real" fans buying tickets in LA will jump ship too.
Obviously you're not old enough to realize that the LA Rams, LA Raiders, and SD Chargers co-existed in SoCal for around 20 years. Two of those teams left, but the Chargers stayed. And when all 3 teams were in SoCal the Chargers had their only Super Bowl appearance.

I'm absolutely sick of people trying to claim SD is an extension of the LA market. SD is the nation's 8th largest city. Long time San Diegans despise all things LA, and are thankful for the enormous Camp Pendleton base for providing some separation. We'll do just fine on our own.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you're not old enough to realize that the LA Rams, LA Raiders, and SD Chargers co-existed in SoCal for around 20 years. Two of those teams left, but the Chargers stayed. And when all 3 teams were in SoCal the Chargers had their only Super Bowl appearance.

I'm absolutely sick of people trying to claim SD is an extension of the LA market. SD is the nation's 8th largest city. Long time San Diegans despise all things LA, and are thankful for the enormous Camp Pendleton base for providing some separation. We'll do just fine on our own.
No one is disparaging the size of the SD market. But the reality of today's NFL isn't about the fans but the dollars. If spanos passes on the new shiny stadium and all its benefits in LA, the raiders will take that opportunity in a heartbeat. Leaving the chargers in the same situation they are in now and behind all other california teams in regards to new revenues.in new stadiums. Currently with no teams in LA the chargers have picked up some fans by attrition with the absence. Those real football fans will.probably jumpnship to a.new.home.team and the ticket brokers sure don't give a shit about what team they are selling tickets for. Face it without a new stadium deal they will be hard pressed to have the.monies to compete with those that do. Save your were not LA soapbox for someone who is trying to make you out to be.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest reason, however is that it's more fun to have one team in Los Angeles too root for and would be a lot more fun to see the Clippers(NBA) The Angels(MLB) and the Chargers(NFL) and the Duck(NHL) all in San Diego not to mention it would be fun to make a special trip once in a while to go down there to see a game. I know I am in the minority, but I just think it would be a better balance all the way around.

Fuck that! I have no problem with Dago whatsoever, but the Angels and Ducks are fine in Anaheim. And finally with a chance to run LA and keep a foot in the ass of the Lakers. The Clippers aren't going anywhere.

And Artie! Get off LA's dick and fuckin properly re-name the Angels. I'd prefer going back old school the the California Angels, but Anaheim Angels far preferable to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. What kinda shit is that?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the angels have some contractual obligation to keep Anaheim in The name that came along with the stadium upgrades.....kinda of like how Miami made the marlins change their name to get the new stadium?

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is disparaging the size of the SD market. But the reality of today's NFL isn't about the fans but the dollars. If spanos passes on the new shiny stadium and all its benefits in LA, the raiders will take that opportunity in a heartbeat. Leaving the chargers in the same situation they are in now and behind all other california teams in regards to new revenues.in new stadiums. Currently with no teams in LA the chargers have picked up some fans by attrition with the absence. Those real football fans will.probably jumpnship to a.new.home.team and the ticket brokers sure don't give a shit about what team they are selling tickets for. Face it without a new stadium deal they will be hard pressed to have the.monies to compete with those that do. Save your were not LA soapbox for someone who is trying to make you out to be.
What? No chance that happens. The NFL gave him the option as a guarantee. He's either a tenant in someone else's palace or he'll get his own stadium in San Diego. Win win for Dean. Nobody is suggesting that he stay in SD without a guarantee of a new stadium.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck SD!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because various experts and analysts have indicated that a second team would be too much saturation and not necessarily good for the area. Think about it: Los Angeles already has one football team, a hockey team, two baseball teams and two basketball teams not accounting the arena football. There is a good chance that the Chargers would be playing second fiddle to the Rams like the Clippers. I am betting, however the Chargers would have no problems filling the seats and making their money

Where would they put another team? and I am sure adding another team would certainly help the water issue in CA

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article where the guy questioned whether the Chargers would draw 30K.

I have been in the Coliseum with 100,000 other people for The Who in 1981. Dodgers pulled 100k in 1959 there.

Hell, USC pulls around 50,000. UCLA 40-50K.

LA Rams gonna be 50K. 100k when the Raiders come to town.
Why don't Angelinos go to football games? (50K is less than they draw now in Missouruh and they haven't been higher than 27th in attendance in forever.)

FS1 shows up in stunning HD, with tens of thousands of empty sections of bench e'rytime I see a game there. Half full for conference games en sech? That's messed up.

Too many soccer fags? I don't get it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would they put another team? and I am sure adding another team would certainly help the water issue in CA
I thought you knew, that they NFL wants to bring a second team to play in the same Stadium as the Rams in Inglewood. The San Diego Chargers are now in discussions with the powers that be to negotiate that and become the Los Angeles Chargers. So Los Angeles will soon be home to two crappy NFL teams

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post. And a perfect example of why Inglewood is the perfect spot for the Raiders. One of the main cross streets is Crenshaw Blvd, gateway to the armpit of western civilization. aka... Raider Nation.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Water issue? How does that relate? Regardless El Niño is doing a fine job of ending the drought.

Eugene Baker III

Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't Angelinos go to football games? (50K is less than they draw now in Missouruh and they haven't been higher than 27th in attendance in forever.)

FS1 shows up in stunning HD, with tens of thousands of empty sections of bench e'rytime I see a game there. Half full for conference games en sech? That's messed up.

Too many soccer fags? I don't get it.

Los Angeles Raider Fans are "JOB": "Just Over Broke" and only attend games they know they will win...like At Qualcomm Stadium.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Raider Fans are "JOB": "Just Over Broke" and only attend games they know they will win...like At Qualcomm Stadium.
Well sure, they have better things to spend money on, like knives. But why don't regular folks go to Trojans games?

I've never been to tColiseum so I don't know if there's some modern day La Brea Tar Pit (been there though) in the area or what.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that! I have no problem with Dago whatsoever, but the Angels and Ducks are fine in Anaheim. And finally with a chance to run LA and keep a foot in the ass of the Lakers. The Clippers aren't going anywhere.

And Artie! Get off LA's dick and fuckin properly re-name the Angels. I'd prefer going back old school the the California Angels, but Anaheim Angels far preferable to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. What kinda shit is that?

Agree. The Angels easily outdraw the Padres so why in the hell would you relocate another MLB team to that area. The Ducks are fine where they are currently located. That area is in close proximity to a lot of high population areas where people don't want to travel all the way up to LA to watch a game.

If the Clippers were to move it would be to Anaheim & not San Diego. That almost happened several years ago but their ex-owner was too stupid to pull the trigger (oh well -he made tons of money by basically being a racist idiot).

Eugene Baker III

Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure, they have better things to spend money on, like knives. But why don't regular folks go to Trojans games?

I've never been to tColiseum so I don't know if there's some modern day La Brea Tar Pit (been there though) in the area or what.

I have been to Trojan games and yes, mostly regular folks....except for the band...

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RAIDERS would rule LA if they move there.. And it wouldn't even be close..