• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I guess Chauncey Gardner Johnson Won't Be Playing For Cards

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you're proud of this?

enlighten me.

Gannon seems to be public enemy #1 in Philly. His defense sucked (after being very good to great all year) and he immediately got out of dodge.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gannon seems to be public enemy #1 in Philly. His defense sucked (after being very good to great all year) and he immediately got out of dodge.

How many defenses look good vs Mahomes lol? Always need to kick the guy that leaves the fold...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people pointing to the 2nd half of the SB but the defense was a bit over-rated all year. Lived and died by the pass rush and aggressiveness and Reid and Bienemy saw that and exploited it. Also credit to the Chiefs Oline and Mahomes for completely nullifying that one thing Philly's D had going for it. This is why defensive rankings in the league mean virtually nothing. It's all about match-ups game to game. Not taking anything away from the Eagles either. It's just that things aren't always so simple. The Bills were another example of a defense that was ranked high but actually not as good as people thought. Injuries, yes, especially Miller, but they were vastly over-rated by most analysts.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many defenses look good vs Mahomes lol? Always need to kick the guy that leaves the fold...
In 9 games vs top 10 QBs over two years his defense gave up 33 PPG. If you remove the outlier vs Kirk Cousins in prime time, that goes up to 38 PPG. Eagles fans know the story. It had been a 2 year trend throughout his tenure. This season the Eagles didn’t play many top 10 QBs. Dak is the best QB they played in the 2nd half and they gave up 40 to him. Not one stop in the 2nd half. He was a deer in headlights and didn’t alter much of anything in response to getting driven on.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody remember "Being There" with Peter Sellers? He played a kind of whacked out guy who çalled himself Chance the gardener because he had spent his entire life working for an old reclusive millionaire doing gardening and had no experience outside the estate's walls. At the time, political parties latched on to him because he had no background and was the only person they could find without a lot of corrupt scandals.

The decided Chance the Gardener wouldn't do, so they changed his name to Chauncey Gardner.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 9 games vs top 10 QBs over two years his defense gave up 33 PPG. If you remove the outlier vs Kirk Cousins in prime time, that goes up to 38 PPG. Eagles fans know the story. It had been a 2 year trend throughout his tenure. This season the Eagles didn’t play many top 10 QBs. Dak is the best QB they played in the 2nd half and they gave up 40 to him. Not one stop in the 2nd half. He was a deer in headlights and didn’t alter much of anything in response to getting driven on.
Not disagreeing with this at all and I remember you saying something similar before he even left, so you aren't trashing him after he left. BUT, still a piece of shit move by Gardner-Johnson IMO. I hate that kind of player. Perhaps look within and find some accountability because it's on you too or just STFU. It's not like Gannon was out there covering guys himself.

Without looking for quotes I can guarantee Hurts didn't say something similar about your OC. Highlights the type of player you want vs the type you don't want :2cents:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing with this at all and I remember you saying something similar before he even left, so you aren't trashing him after he left. BUT, still a piece of shit move by Gardner-Johnson IMO. I hate that kind of player. Perhaps look within and find some accountability because it's on you too or just STFU. It's not like Gannon was out there covering guys himself.

Without looking for quotes I can guarantee Hurts didn't say something similar about your OC. Highlights the type of player you want vs the type you don't want :2cents:
Why would Hurts say anything similar? Steichen did a great job. The Eagles likely score if they get the ball back. I would have a problem with it if Gannon was still his coach. He’s not. The player spoke his mind. We don’t even know if CJGJ is even still going to be an Eagle. Truth be told, he fired off the tweet and then thought like you’re thinking and he deleted it. When you’re high profile though people grab screen shots and it becomes forever. If anything, this is a minor transgression. However, complete malpractice for a defensive coordinator in a Super Bowl is forever.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Hurts say anything similar? Steichen did a great job. The Eagles likely score if they get the ball back. I would have a problem with it if Gannon was still his coach. He’s not. The player spoke his mind. We don’t even know if CJGJ is even still going to be an Eagle. Truth be told, he fired off the tweet and then thought like you’re thinking and he deleted it. When you’re high profile though people grab screen shots and it becomes forever. If anything, this is a minor transgression. However, complete malpractice for a defensive coordinator in a Super Bowl is forever.
My comment has nothing to do with the DC.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment has nothing to do with the DC.
I know. You’re critical of a player who would still be pissed off and react the way he did and then minutes later say “nah, shouldn’t do this” and then deleted the tweet.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. You’re critical of a player who would still be pissed off and react the way he did and then minutes later say “nah, shouldn’t do this” and then deleted the tweet.
minutes later...Agent calls and says jackass what are you doing? Delete that tweet

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minutes later...Agent calls and says jackass what are you doing? Delete that tweet
I don’t see a difference. That’s why these guys pay agents.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Defense has sucked since he got here.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Defense has sucked since he got here.
That’s on over statement. His defense was really solid and they were protected by the schedule. But there were signs for us who watched all 20 of their games. Games like the Redskins second game where they couldn’t get off the field. The 2nd Cowboys game they gave up 40 but most of us were focused on Minshew and the turnovers. The truth is that Gannon was a deer in headlights vs top QBs. He played bend don’t break but he didn’t have change ups off of it to get off the field. Mediocre QBs and mediocre offenses tend to make a mistake when forced to go 75 yards in 10-12 plays. But great QBs will eat you up if you continue to give them stops, quick outs, and slants.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s on over statement. His defense was really solid and they were protected by the schedule. But there were signs for us who watched all 20 of their games. Games like the Redskins second game where they couldn’t get off the field. The 2nd Cowboys game they gave up 40 but most of us were focused on Minshew and the turnovers. The truth is that Gannon was a deer in headlights vs top QBs. He played bend don’t break but he didn’t have change ups off of it to get off the field. Mediocre QBs and mediocre offenses tend to make a mistake when forced to go 75 yards in 10-12 plays. But great QBs will eat you up if you continue to give them stops, quick outs, and slants.
Additionally, it’s not coincidence that two games that need to be called out were the 2nd time playing the opponent. That’s a layer of Gannon getting out coached but also fair to note in the 2nd game the opponent came with a better more efficient QB than the one they came with in the first. Two layers of Gannon 1) struggles against better QBs 2) can’t adjust

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many Eagles fans would be singing a different tune had he stayed though?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Eagles fans would be singing a different tune had he stayed though?
Haha! Had nothing to do with it. Even at 14-3 Gannon was a popular whipping boy on talk radio and on Eagles Twitter. He was polarizing. People would go to either extreme and the middle was true. He did a lot of good things but when they played the best QBs his stuff was out matched and he didn’t have change ups off of his base stuff.

The Eagles fan base romanticizes pressure defense. The history of successful defense came with Buddy’s 46 defense and then with Jim Johnson’s pressure oriented defenses. Gannon’s bend don’t break is the new way of the NFL with offenses getting the better aspect of the game’s whistle now. Spread stuff and the quality of pass games have the edge right now and bend don’t break gives you a chance to limit explosives. What Gannon didn’t have was a way of changing it up and getting his group off the field.