• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I found a tough stretch in Denver schedule

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see 2-2 if the pats are where they should be and Kansas City shows up defensively. I see little chance of losing both to KC or losing to SD.

I just think they're too good to lose 2 in a row. If the Pats get them, I think they'll refocus and beat the Chiefs. I agree though they aren't losing to the Chargers or Chiefs at home.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see 2-2 if the pats are where they should be and Kansas City shows up defensively. I see little chance of losing both to KC or losing to SD.

Exactly where should the Pats be then and exactly where were they when they were supposed to play the Bengals last Sunday? :popcorn:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 4 game stretch to end the season will be no cake walk either.

Tennessee
San Diego
@ Houston
@ Oakland

Houston will probably by vying for a playoff spot still and Oakland may as well. And if Denver has things locked up by then, it'll be very tough to win, although completely moot.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are exactly where I predicted them to be at the start of the season.

They are struggling with young guys and lost one game because of it. But (especially if Gronk comes back), there is enough talent on this offense that it can click a bit and start to move the ball. The fact that they have stopped people, even questionable offenses, consistently and are 4-1 right now despite their struggles on offense. This team has always been targeting getting stronger as the season went on and one bad game doesn't change that.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are exactly where I predicted them to be at the start of the season.

They are struggling with young guys and lost one game because of it. But (especially if Gronk comes back), there is enough talent on this offense that it can click a bit and start to move the ball. The fact that they have stopped people, even questionable offenses, consistently and are 4-1 right now despite their struggles on offense. This team has always been targeting getting stronger as the season went on and one bad game doesn't change that.

I definitely agree with that, but I was not expecting such a poor offensive showing against the Bengals. In fact, based on the Atlanta game, I thought that Brady and the young WRs were showing signs of jelling. Do you expect a strong showing against NO?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree with that, but I was not expecting such a poor offensive showing against the Bengals. In fact, based on the Atlanta game, I thought that Brady and the young WRs were showing signs of jelling. Do you expect a strong showing against NO?

I don't know. Belichick is good off of a loss, and one thing I liked, despite a very rough showing by the offemse overall is Dobson's long catch and run (he needs to secure the ball better), and Brady's trust in the deep ball to Dobson near the end. It took a hell of a breakup to stop a late touchdown early in the drive, then the ball came out on the interception, but Brady trusted bombs to him and that really does mean something. He also was wide open over the middle on a deep post and even though Brady threw the corner instead, I think with another look Brady will like that read. Gronk making it back would be a huge boost as well, although I would wait until almost positive that he is healthy before bringing him back. 2-2 over the next four games wouldn't kill us, and I think we are capable of better even without him.

As for this week, I don't know. I think the offense is close but it may be rough against a solid saints team.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos might lose one of those games, but it probably won't be against the Chargers. The Broncos remind me of those Chargers teams under Don Coryell. They have to outscore everyone to win. Fortunately for them they haven't had a problem doing so as of yet.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos might lose one of those games, but it probably won't be against the Chargers. The Broncos remind me of those Chargers teams under Don Coryell. They have to outscore everyone to win. Fortunately for them they haven't had a problem doing so as of yet.

Not sure how much attention you've paid since the Coryell years, but this Broncos team hadn't really had to put up an extraordinary number of points to beat any of its opponents before Dallas.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much attention you've paid since the Coryell years, but this Broncos team hadn't really had to put up an extraordinary number of points to beat any of its opponents before Dallas.

Teams are going to score against them. Their secondary can be beaten. It was proven last year & this past Sunday. They'll be better overall when Miller comes back, but I'm not sold one bit on the Broncos D overall. Fortunately their offense is exceptional. Defense wins Championships. Manning knows this very well. He played on many teams in Indy that didn't have the D. I think they'll coast into the playoffs. Once the playoffs begin all bets are off.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 5 games the 2007 Pats gave up 65 points. The Broncos have given up 139. Only Jacksonville has given up more in the AFC.

With 16 games of tape good defenses like the ones Peyton will find in the playoffs will slow him down, much like the Chargers and Giants slowed down the Pats in 2007. At some point Denver will need to rely on their defense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Called the playoffs.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 5 games the 2007 Pats gave up 65 points. The Broncos have given up 139. Only Jacksonville has given up more in the AFC.

With 16 games of tape good defenses like the ones Peyton will find in the playoffs will slow him down, much like the Chargers and Giants slowed down the Pats in 2007. At some point Denver will need to rely on their defense.

I can understand skepticism about the Denver defense. Personally, as I've mentioned a few times over the past several weeks, I don't know if people understand just how much getting Bailey and Miller on the field is likely to improve our defense, but we shall soon see. Less than two weeks till Denver at Indy.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I looked at their schedule after week 2 the only games I saw as possible losses were Dallas, NE,Indy, SD (on the road), and Houston. Now I see Indy, SD, NE, and KC as possible losses. Houston and Oakland should be easy wins if the Broncos are still playing their starters for 4 quarters.

Why do you get your panties in a bunch after every thread I start? Denver will finish 13-3 or 14-2 and have home field through out the playoffs....Just hope Peyton doesn't choke yet again

you can't make the argument that Peyton is a choker unless you acknowledge LeBron being a choker. Same scenario in different sports. You know how I feel about LeBron, get your head out of your ass.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't make the argument that Peyton is a choker unless you acknowledge LeBron being a choker. Same scenario in different sports. You know how I feel about LeBron, get your head out of your ass.

LOL The recent Manning/Broncos trolling threads begun by the OP are really all part of an argument about LeBron?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many times did Lebron teams get eliminated in their 1st series of the playoffs? Peyton Manning teams been eliminated in their first playoffs game 8 out of the 12 times he made the playoffs.

And unlike Manning, Lebron career numbers are actually better in the postseason compared to his regular season numbers. Lebron had his moments (series) when he choked but for the most part he's been an amazing playoffs player. Chokers don't avg 28,9, and 7 on 47% shooting The same cannot be said for Manning.

Do you see Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers getting eliminated 66% of the time in their teams first playoffs game?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually never bashed Manning or the Broncos.

Stating the facts or giving my opinion on a game is not consider bashing.

Manning been a consistent failure in the playoffs- This is a proven fact.

Making a thread predicting them to lose to Dallas is now bashing? Sorry not every fan expect or will predict the Broncos to win every game

Making a thread about a tough stretch in their schedule is bashing? See above clown

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Broncos fans are going to throw a hissy fit anytime a poster does not share the same views on their team as they do, I suggest you stay on your team board where everyone agrees with each other.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL The recent Manning/Broncos trolling threads begun by the OP are really all part of an argument about LeBron?

No, im just making pointing out to bks. Its a lot easier to win the first round of the playoffs in the NBA than it is to win playoff games.

Peyton has also had some of the flukiest most ridiculous losses in playoffs. You can't overlook that. In addition to that there are at least 4 years where he lost to the eventual superbowl champion. Some of those were one and dones... but its not like he lost to scrub teams. Peyton's playoff stats are better than Brady's, so what does that tell you?

Theres the vanderjagt shank on a 40 yd field goal vs the steelers
Theres the chargers game where the D couldn't stop Billy Volek from driving at the end.
The chargers game where Gijon Robinson forgot the snap count on 3rd and 2 to ice the game.
The jets game where he put his team up with like a minute left only for the D to allow a last minute drive to Sanchez... and the caldwell idiot timeout was in there too.
Last year there was the Rahim Moore travesty.

Then you look at a guy like brady who throws potentially game losing picks vs the chargers (can't remember the year) only to have the WR strip the ball from the DB and keep the drive alive. Thats the difference between winning and losing. And it wasn't the QB making the play.

Early in Peyton's career he had a habit of coming up small in the postseason. In about 05 that all changed. Since then there have been a lot of bizarre moments that people try to pin on peyton but its outright ridiculous. His team hasn't exactly been there to help him out when he wasn't perfect, and the one time they did he won a superbowl.

Read the last paragraph. If you don't think that doesn't sum up LeBron's time with the cavs you are crazy.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually never bashed Manning or the Broncos.

Stating the facts or giving my opinion on a game is not consider bashing.

Manning been a consistent failure in the playoffs- This is a proven fact.

Making a thread predicting them to lose to Dallas is now bashing? Sorry not every fan expect or will predict the Broncos to win every game

Making a thread about a tough stretch in their schedule is bashing? See above clown

Here is where Bronco fans have a huge problem with people talking about Manning and the playoffs...He has a better quarterback rating in the playoffs than guys like Tom Brady. It is not Manning that is always choking in the playoffs it is his team. When you score 35 points in a playoff game you kind of expect to win 9 times out of 10 but for Manning somehow his team can find ways to lose those games whether it be giving up a 70 yard bomb with less than a minute to go or his coach deciding to call a timeout when time is running out and his team has the lead giving the opposing team an extra possession which lead to a game winning field goal. Those are the kind of things that have happened to Peyton in the playoffs that he cannot control. So saying "Manning been a consistent failure in the playoffs--this is a proven fact" is just idiotic at the very core of that word.