• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I dont understand all the Seahawk love

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sups?

If the niners didn't prove they can win the divisional round, then the seahawks didn't prove they can win in the playoffs past the wildcard round.

WTF are you talking about? I never said that the niners didn't prove they can beat Atlanta or go past the divisional round, they obviously did.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a whole 1 year on average younger than the niners..... and a QB with 8 more starts than his SF counterpart? You underdog you![/QUOTE

Was I drawing comparisons to the niners with that comment or are you just being insecure?

You said... " You sound like a Moron trying to pretend that one loss is more impressive than another because one team scored 6 points in the first half and the other scored 0. They both played valiently in the second half but still lost!!!!!"

If thats not comparing two performances against two different teams...... i don't know what is. Sonny. If that wasn't your intent, I believe you though. I wasn't ever comparing the teams directly based on their performance against different opponents. I have said in the past that SF was able to to score two TD's in the first half of against Atlanta and won, and Seattle didn't score any points till will into the third quarter against Atlanta and lost...

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said... " You sound like a Moron trying to pretend that one loss is more impressive than another because one team scored 6 points in the first half and the other scored 0. They both played valiently in the second half but still lost!!!!!"

If thats not comparing two performances against two different teams...... i don't know what is. Sonny. If that wasn't your intent, I believe you though. I wasn't ever comparing the teams directly. I have said in the past that SF was able to to score two TD's in the first half of against Atlanta and won, and Seattle didn't score any points till will into the third quarter against Atlanta and lost...

You were the one making that comparison about being a better loss because you score 6 points in the first half, I just said that it moronic.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People in Seattle smoke too much weed and space out too much.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you!

Now I know I am going to get some angry responses here... But I dont understand why everyone is picking the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl. I understand they are a good team with a great defense, but they were an 11-5 team (10-6 to everyone else but replacement refs and seahawk fans) and they didnt add any true impact players that would say yeah that made them better then the 49ers and Falcons. I think they will make the playoffs and its possibly could win the SB but they would not be my first choice.

Maybe RW, RG3, and Kaep will break the mold, but 2nd yr starters don't often back up a successful 1st year the following season. I think SEA is a solid team, but SB? Right now I'm thinking 10-6.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe RW, RG3, and Kaep will break the mold, but 2nd yr starters don't often back up a successful 1st year the following season. I think SEA is a solid team, but SB? Right now I'm thinking 10-6.

The sophomore slump is more myth than fact.

Screen-shot-2013-06-29-at-10.31.53-PM.png

The green are the statistical improvements from year one to year two, the red is statistical decline from year one to year two. Ryan is the only one that had declines almost across the board.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this turd is still floating in the toilet?? Holy Shit

does it really matter what fans of other teams says about the team you support??

sheesh

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pick up, but that's a small sampling there...we face Dalton twice a year obviously and no...he was not better in the 2nd yr...certainly not in DIV vs PIT/BAL.

Did they win more football games? I think SF & SEA both have fewer wins this yr. WAS is stronger at backup so if RG3 goes down again they won't just fall off a cliff, they might win one more game than LY.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pick up, but that's a small sampling there...we face Dalton twice a year obviously and no...he was not better in the 2nd yr...certainly not in DIV vs PIT/BAL.

Did they win more football games? I think SF & SEA both have fewer wins this yr. WAS is stronger at backup so if RG3 goes down again they won't just fall off a cliff, they might win one more game than LY.
Well, that proves it. Andy Dalton wasn't better in his 2nd year, so clearly Sonny's small sample size of 15 QBs over 6 different stats is wrong.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like any position, some guys improve, some guys take a step back and some guys remain the same. The only trend I see there is that second year QBs take more sacks, but that's not too surprising considering they drop back more.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Podunk...given you're a Hawks fan I have to think that was an attempt @ sarcasm.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like any position, some guys improve, some guys take a step back and some guys remain the same. The only trend I see there is that second year QBs take more sacks, but that's not too surprising considering they drop back more.

You called the soph slump a myth earlier...the myth was born long before I mentioned it, there had to be some validity behind it on some level for the thought to have life.

I think it's pretty simple...good young QBs coming into the NFL typically succeed because they flourish at something they did well in college. Certain plays, certain pass patterns, tendencies, etc. Once DCs have enough game tape on them they're going to find what they do best and try to take that away...I think that's why they take more sacks...DEF are showing them things pre-snap that they saw the previous year, and post snap they see something they haven't seen before.

Listen I'm not saying those young guys will suck this year. Those are all playoff caliber teams, even with 2nd yr starters, we'll have to see how they do this year.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my avatar for my opinion of the Seahawks. :D

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not David Carr he learned his lesson first time around. :lol:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called the soph slump a myth earlier...the myth was born long before I mentioned it, there had to be some validity behind it on some level for the thought to have life.

I think it's pretty simple...good young QBs coming into the NFL typically succeed because they flourish at something they did well in college. Certain plays, certain pass patterns, tendencies, etc. Once DCs have enough game tape on them they're going to find what they do best and try to take that away...I think that's why they take more sacks...DEF are showing them things pre-snap that they saw the previous year, and post snap they see something they haven't seen before.

Listen I'm not saying those young guys will suck this year. Those are all playoff caliber teams, even with 2nd yr starters, we'll have to see how they do this year.

I said it was more myth than fact..... And I backed it up. And I can continue to do so.

Cam Newton, Andy Dalton and the Myth of the QB Sophomore Slump

I dont know if you have espn insider, but there is a great article from just the other day. I cant link it but it states that since 1950, second year QBs have improved in win%, completion%, ypg and ypa.

The slump is a media creation. Mostly because media loves to blow up rookies and focus on what they do well. They're shiny and new, what's not to love? Second year players dont get that, they are expected to improve exponentially so when they dont they use them as a goat and simply focus on the negatives.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Earth was thought to have been flat at one point too. People thought there was validity behind that theory at the time.

Things can appear to be one way until you look at facts. Perpetuating myths in the face of facts is pretty dumb IMO

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEAHAWK FAN TALKING TRASH TO A BILLS FAN

priceless

That's a bit hypocritical coming from a guy who's avatar is a picture making fun of a guy that completely owns his team.