• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I dont understand all the Seahawk love

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks suck. Just ask my Arizona Cardinals after that 58-0 whooping we put on em' last year...

Oh, wait... errm. :bawling:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but your point was luck played a key role in how well Seattle played last year. I'd say those facts listed above had a lot more to do with the 2012 Seahawks than luck did.

Every team has good and bad luck. Few teams have stats like the ones listed above.

Maybe not luck but fortunate that the replacement refs screwed up the call against GB and Sherman got off on a technicality and wasnt suspended. Fortunate that RG3 messed up his knee and was totally ineffective for most of the playoff game and then out.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not luck but fortunate that the replacement refs screwed up the call against GB and Sherman got off on a technicality and wasnt suspended. Fortunate that RG3 messed up his knee and was totally ineffective for most of the playoff game and then out.
Yet the Packers were fortunate to have a BS Pass Int penalty call go their way on 3rd down to lead to their only TD drive of that game.

If they had the burden of proof he wouldn't have gotten off. Blame the NFL for not being thorough.

RG3's knee was messed up on his own accord and that abomination of an NFL field is more to blame than anything. Yeah, it was only the knee that kept the Skins from winning. It couldn't have been the #1 ranked scoring defense getting in gear and playing the way they played all season or anything. It couldn't have been a potent offense hitting its stride. Hell, you should know how good Seattle's offense is. You got to see them drop 50 on your team.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the Packers were fortunate to have a BS Pass Int penalty call go their way on 3rd down to lead to their only TD drive of that game.

If they had the burden of proof he wouldn't have gotten off. Blame the NFL for not being thorough.

RG3's knee was messed up on his own accord and that abomination of an NFL field is more to blame than anything. Yeah, it was only the knee that kept the Skins from winning. It couldn't have been the #1 ranked scoring defense getting in gear and playing the way they played all season or anything. It couldn't have been a potent offense hitting its stride. Hell, you should know how good Seattle's offense is. You got to see them drop 50 on your team.

Ok so the Redskins offense would have been generally ineffective even with RG3 gotcha. Im pretty sure that with a healthy RG3 they could have probably scored 10 points but who knows it didnt happen so you one. Thats why I didnt say it was Luck I said it was fortunate. Same goes the refs whatever reason they were there to make the call has no bearing on the fact that they messed it up and it worked in your favor.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so the Redskins offense would have been generally ineffective even with RG3 gotcha. Im pretty sure that with a healthy RG3 they could have probably scored 10 points but who knows it didnt happen so you one. Thats why I didnt say it was Luck I said it was fortunate. Same goes the refs whatever reason they were there to make the call has no bearing on the fact that they messed it up and it worked in your favor.
Ok, but you're completely ignoring the fact that they were also there to mess up the call against us that led to the only TD for GB. You can't cherry pick bad calls and say one decided the game while the other didn't. Without that drive-continuing call, GB punts and who knows? The Fail Mary might never have needed to happen.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but you're completely ignoring the fact that they were also there to mess up the call against us that led to the only TD for GB. You can't cherry pick bad calls and say one decided the game while the other didn't. Without that drive-continuing call, GB punts and who knows? The Fail Mary might never have needed to happen.

Your correct who knows but I would say the winning TD pass has more of an impact on the game then a messed up Pass interference in the 3rd?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks suck. Just ask my Arizona Cardinals after that 58-0 whooping we put on em' last year...

Oh, wait... errm. :bawling:

58-0 was just dumb luck by us. Sorry the football gods screwed you over that game. Score would of been reversed but we're lucky.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your correct who knows but I would say the winning TD pass has more of an impact on the game then a messed up Pass interference in the 3rd?
They both affected TD's by both teams. One doesn't hold weight over the other because if one doesn't happen you can't predict the future.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is the king of ruffling up feathers and stirring up intense conversations and debates on the online forums. There's a reason why they placed the Seahawks #1. It's a bold power ranking move that will garner a lot of attention and bring together a lot of debates and discussion amongst fans on the online forums.

I'll be honest...at this point with our current state as a team...we are not yet #1...top 5 for sure but #1 would be stretching it. We definitely have the potential to slide up to that #1 position once Irvin returns...Clemons returns...Avril returns...and when Percy makes his comeback...but right now the ranking is merely ESPN's ploy of getting fans riled up.

We've got a big target this year and the media is just gonna continue to brighten the spot light. We'll see if this team is up for it. I personally think they'll be up for it...but we'll let the results on the field play itself out.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the replacement refs!

Agreed. December but it was still their fault. And how much we suck compared to the NFC Norths über fans when it comes to how much they know about our teams when we are clueless on the subject. Especially up here in east Siberia.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both affected TD's by both teams. One doesn't hold weight over the other because if one doesn't happen you can't predict the future.

Accept there is greater time with in the game to over come a referee error such as a bad PI call when it happens in the middle of the game then the final play of the game.

Also bad penalty calls happen even with the regular refs, you dont always have one of the normal officals call the play a Touchback the other a touchdown then not discuss it at all and just say fuck it we will just say its a touch down.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpV852GDbGQ]Sarcastaball - Its a F#cking Field Goal (Uncensored) - YouTube[/ame]

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accept there is greater time with in the game to over come a referee error such as a bad PI call when it happens in the middle of the game then the final play of the game.

Also bad penalty calls happen even with the regular refs, you dont always have one of the normal officals call the play a Touchback the other a touchdown then not discuss it at all and just say fuck it we will just say its a touch down.

Sarcastaball - Its a F#cking Field Goal (Uncensored) - YouTube
Doesn't matter. You change one aspect of the game like not calling PI (GB punts and doesn't score like they did at that moment) and everything after that moment becomes nothing but speculation.

-You cannot argue for bad officiating at point B (Fail Mary) yet ignore point A (PI leads to TD). That's hypocritical
-If point A does not occur, you cannot assume point B would still occur.
-Anything after point A not happening is hypothetical and not worth debating.

If you want to argue the Fail Mary, fine, but you must also account for other bad calls, which IMO evens out TD for TD = Seahawks still win.

Plus, even if GB had won that game and the season played out the same way afterward, the standings stayed the same, didn't they?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is the king of ruffling up feathers and stirring up intense conversations and debates on the online forums. There's a reason why they placed the Seahawks #1. It's a bold power ranking move that will garner a lot of attention and bring together a lot of debates and discussion amongst fans on the online forums.

I'll be honest...at this point with our current state as a team...we are not yet #1...top 5 for sure but #1 would be stretching it. We definitely have the potential to slide up to that #1 position once Irvin returns...Clemons returns...Avril returns...and when Percy makes his comeback...but right now the ranking is merely ESPN's ploy of getting fans riled up.

We've got a big target this year and the media is just gonna continue to brighten the spot light. We'll see if this team is up for it. I personally think they'll be up for it...but we'll let the results on the field play itself out.

99.9% should be treated as white noise. Scoreboard is all that matters. That being said, it's driving many of the east of Rockies football snobs crazy that Seattle and SF are getting so much love right now. A lot of it from the regular ESPN bias their programmed with. Whatever.

Bring on the season. Proving doubters wrong is music to our ears here in east Siberia.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99.9% should be treated as white noise. Scoreboard is all that matters. That being said, it's driving many of the east of Rockies football snobs crazy that Seattle and SF are getting so much love right now. A lot of it from the regular ESPN bias their programmed with. Whatever.

Bring on the season. Proving doubters wrong is music to our ears here in east Siberia.
It's driving some SF fans nuts too, and, without football to this point, it's an incredible amount of fun. Just look at how long this thread is so far and I'm laughing my ass off page by page.

Real talk, rankings don't matter for squat, but to say the Hawks aren't title contenders this year just shows you don't know what you're talking about.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. You change one aspect of the game like not calling PI (GB punts and doesn't score like they did at that moment) and everything after that moment becomes nothing but speculation.

-You cannot argue for bad officiating at point B (Fail Mary) yet ignore point A (PI leads to TD). That's hypocritical
-If point A does not occur, you cannot assume point B would still occur.
-Anything after point A not happening is hypothetical and not worth debating.

If you want to argue the Fail Mary, fine, but you must also account for other bad calls, which IMO evens out TD for TD = Seahawks still win.

Plus, even if GB had won that game and the season played out the same way afterward, the standings stayed the same, didn't they?

Well it was PI called on the wrong player. But again it doesnt end the game. They could have went for it and made it Seattle could have botched the punt. GB could have pinned them on the one, then had great field position and scored on the next drive. So yes you are correct that both plays impacted the final result but a bad call on a penalty gives teams time to compensate and as I stated before its probably something most players prepare themselves for it to happen. Not the case with Fail Mary.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sups, leave the pretzel logic on ESPN. You sound like a Moron trying to pretend that one loss is more impressive than another because one team scored 6 points in the first half and the other scored 0. They both played valiently in the second half but still lost!!!!!! Seattle didnt prove that they can beat Atlanta and SF didnt prove that they can win the SB.

Sups?

And I think you need to correct your language....

If the niners didn't prove they can win the divisional round, then the seahawks didn't prove they can win in the playoffs past the wildcard round.

Plus, if you want to compare the teams directly, it might be prudent to note that the 49ers did score 14 points in the first half against Atlanta. I don't have to call you a moron to point out the absurd logic of comparing the niners first half performance against the super bowl champion vs Seattles performance against a divisional round opponent.

But I do think Seattle has a chance as good as anyone this year. Although I do think they are a tad bit over rated for 5th seed wildcard and 2nd place divisional winner last year. Teams that get hyped based on FA signings rarely pan out. But there would probably be plenty of hype for you guys even without those FA signings.

*valiantly

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, thats a great year for a young team with a rookie qb. Very promising year according to knowledgable folks. And how were they lucky to get that seed? Please show your ignorance say because of the gb game.

Yes, a whole 1 year on average younger than the niners..... and a QB with 8 more starts than his SF counterpart? You underdog you!

*knowledgeable

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a whole 1 year on average younger than the niners..... and a QB with 8 more starts than his SF counterpart? You underdog you![/QUOTE

Was I drawing comparisons to the niners with that comment or are you just being insecure?