• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I dont understand all the Seahawk love

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know I am going to get some angry responses here... But I dont understand why everyone is picking the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl. I understand they are a good team with a great defense, but they were an 11-5 team (10-6 to everyone else but replacement refs and seahawk fans) and they didnt add any true impact players that would say yeah that made them better then the 49ers and Falcons. I think they will make the playoffs and its possibly could win the SB but they would not be my first choice.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Russell Wilson got a lot better as the season went along last year
2. They added 2 defensive end FA's to the leagues top defense
3. Percy Harvin will be back by the end of the year.
4. They have depth almost everywhere.

Falcons have holes on defense. Niners have holes at WR

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know I am going to get some angry responses here... But I dont understand why everyone is picking the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl. I understand they are a good team with a great defense, but they were an 11-5 team (10-6 to everyone else but replacement refs and seahawk fans) and they didnt add any true impact players that would say yeah that made them better then the 49ers and Falcons. I think they will make the playoffs and its possibly could win the SB but they would not be my first choice.

They won't win the division, let alone the Super Bowl. I have them as my 4th pick to make the Super Bowl out of the NFC.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Yeah but why is he immune to the Sophomore slump when other are predicting Kapernick and RG3 wont be.

2. Yeah but that wont effect during the season and even if he is back for the playoffs how good will he be, will he have the same explosiveness and would it be a piece to put them over the edge.

3. they had a lot of depth last year and they still almost lost to the Redskins in the playoffs and were second in their division.

Falcons have a better run game and pass rush this year then last and SF WR are young so they could bomb or they could be good we will see.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wouldn't expect you to recognize a good team when you see one; You're a Bills fan

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are well overhyped. People act like they were dominant last year when the Redskins almost beat them (and should have) with RG3 not even capable of walking, let alone running or stepping into a throw more than a yard or two.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Yeah but why is he immune to the Sophomore slump when other are predicting Kapernick and RG3 wont be.

2. Yeah but that wont effect during the season and even if he is back for the playoffs how good will he be, will he have the same explosiveness and would it be a piece to put them over the edge.

3. they had a lot of depth last year and they still almost lost to the Redskins in the playoffs and were second in their division.

Falcons have a better run game and pass rush this year then last
and SF WR are young so they could bomb or they could be good we will see.

Same with Seattle. Bennett alone is as big of a boost to a pass rush that was available in FA. And with the addition of Michael, how well Turbin has played this preseason and the fact that they're going in to the season with 5 backs on the roster implies that there's a good chance that they improve running the ball this year.

1905 Giants

History Enthusiast
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Washington resident I think some of it is that we have a team that can WIN so we overhype them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Falcons have a better run game and pass rush this year then last and SF WR are young so they could bomb or they could be good we will see.
Atlanta has holes everywhere. I wouldn't be paying attention to how good they look as a fantasy team and Id be paying more attention to their defense and offensive line

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Seattle. Bennett alone is as big of a boost to a pass rush that was available in FA. And with the addition of Michael, how well Turbin has played this preseason and the fact that they're going in to the season with 5 backs on the roster implies that there's a good chance that they improve running the ball this year.

And that is valid and it will certainly help but Lynch is no slouch and he will get you a winning record, I fully expect the Seahawks to be in the playoffs. To me though the improvements they have made dont make them a better then the other top teams.

Though because of 49ers WR issues I could see them taking the division. but the Rams were 4-1-1 last year in the division if they repeat that and get at least a .500 record thats about ten wins for them.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has holes everywhere. I wouldn't be paying attention to how good they look as a fantasy team and Id be paying more attention to their defense and offensive line

Umenyiora and Babaineaux are good players if Falcons have a weakness I think its their secondary.

Sam Baker is a good tackle and the OLine kept Matt Ryan pretty clean last year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are 3 completely different QBs. And Kaepernick isnt a sophomore. RG3 could logically have a sophomore slump if he wasn't so talented. We'll see.

One could argue that there is more proof that players generally get much better going from their first to second year. Not sure sophomore slump is anything to hang your hat on.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are well overhyped. People act like they were dominant last year when the Redskins almost beat them (and should have) with RG3 not even capable of walking, let alone running or stepping into a throw more than a yard or two.

Wasn't he limping cause that "great defense" took a cheap shot at him?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though because of 49ers WR issues I could see them taking the division. but the Rams were 4-1-1 last year in the division if they repeat that and get at least a .500 record thats about ten wins for them.
I'm guessing 3-1 against the AFC South, 2-2 against the NFC South, 3-3 against the NFC West. So thats maybe 8-6 with Chicago and @Dallas which both look tough.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he limping cause that "great defense" took a cheap shot at him?

I didn't see a cheap shot on the re-injury. His knee was already hurt and it just buckled when he tried to make a play. That's not my point anyways. It's just that the revisionist history that the Seahawks were world beaters last year is far from reality.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing 3-1 against the AFC South, 2-2 against the NFC South, 3-3 against the NFC West. So thats maybe 8-6 with Chicago and @Dallas which both look tough.

Dallas and Chicago are both bad teams with bad QBs. They can win either game.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's hype is no different than the hype we hear about other teams. Let's see, every year the media has a hard-on for Dallas, Philly, GB, NE... They are the media darlings, and sports outlets make sure these teams are hyped every chance. Same old shit different day.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More experience, Add Harvin, and 2x players at every position.. and you don't get much drop off from the starter to the backup.

Hard not to like them...