• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't know how much longer I can do it

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ened up making it thru the 3rd qtr..........Only cause I had Zeke Elliot on my fantasy team.

But yea......We are horrible and bet we only win 2 games all season.:L

I have to see what happens when we get most of our injured guys back.

We're undoubtedly not good either way, but before the barrage of injuries in the 2nd half of the Philly game. We led Houston on the road for 3 quarters and essentially outplayed a Philly team that's the talk of the league right now.

There is a part of last night that we need to keep in perspective. Which is, that was literally our scout team out there. That was nearly the team we would play in the second half of pre-season games. So... I have to wait and see about the whole #1 draft pick thing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 8 year old son is just getting into watching and rooting for football. I convinced him to be a Bear fan with me and he's trying hard to buy in... Kids in the neighborhood and at school literally tell him "The Bears Stink!!!" every time he wears his Bears gear... He tells me this and I've said to tell them that you don't start rooting for a team just because they win.

Heck, my wife's family is from Wisconsin and they are Packer fans and he almost decided to start rooting for the Packers because they're better... But something clicked in him and he committed to the Bears. Good boy!!! Last two weekends I've sat with my son and watched the first half (With him because he had to go to bed... I watched the entire game both times), and we have watched the Bears crap the bed BADLY... I'm literally trying to crack jokes and make it fun while watching this dumpster fire so we at least get joy out of watching the game no matter the result, but man... Want the kid to experience the feeling of "Yay!!! We won!!!" once or twice too... Ya know?

At that age, most kids don't really grasp the reality of professional sports. Right now, kids think the Packers, Seahawks... etc... will always be good. The Bears will always be bad. Why wouldn't they? It is all they know. They don't get that every single franchise has and will continue to go through both good and bad phases alike.

I had a very similar experience growing up in the 90's. I was the only one who was super into the Bears, and I would constantly get told by classmates that the Bears suck... etc...

The thing is, that those same kids that say that, eventually will wind up being Bears fans. All it took was one good year in 2001, for the rest of my friends/peers to get on board. As kids mature, they start to realize how it works. Just tell him to hang in there. lol

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made up my mind that I won't buy anything "Bears" until they make the playoffs again. I dont know if that makes any difference at all. I don't know if that hurts the Bears directly or if the NFL would collectively take that hit. Wont stop watching though.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team sucks. They'll probably fire John fox too soon and bring in someone who's worthless, continue to draft shit players, and send our gm packing for another jerry Angelo type. I am sick of the Bears, but I also know what to expect.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't even went 0-16 yet.

Tuck your labyias in and prepare for some horrible football on Sunday.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't even went 0-16 yet.

Tuck your labyias in and prepare for some horrible football on Sunday.

If we trot out Hoyer, and don't at least get a few starters back on D. I honestly don't see us keeping it close for long. We didn't force a punt in that game until the 4th quarter when Dallas was in "milk the clock" mode. If that's the case, Stafford and Marvin Jones should have big fantasy days again. As should Theo Riddick, and possibly Washington as well. Dallas ran for 6-7 yards per carry at will.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trot out Hoyer, and don't at least get a few starters back on D. I honestly don't see us keeping it close for long. We didn't force a punt in that game until the 4th quarter when Dallas was in "milk the clock" mode. If that's the case, Stafford and Marvin Jones should have big fantasy days again. As should Theo Riddick, and possibly Washington as well. Dallas ran for 6-7 yards per carry at will.
I see your confidence is as strong as mine.

It won't be a watchable game, that much I know.

I'm just glad your kicker sucks. Ours is always drunk.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At that age, most kids don't really grasp the reality of professional sports. Right now, kids think the Packers, Seahawks... etc... will always be good. The Bears will always be bad. Why wouldn't they? It is all they know. They don't get that every single franchise has and will continue to go through both good and bad phases alike.

I had a very similar experience growing up in the 90's. I was the only one who was super into the Bears, and I would constantly get told by classmates that the Bears suck... etc...

The thing is, that those same kids that say that, eventually will wind up being Bears fans. All it took was one good year in 2001, for the rest of my friends/peers to get on board. As kids mature, they start to realize how it works. Just tell him to hang in there. lol

Yeah, I know... Kid's funny for an 8 year old... Told me before the Dallas game... "Dad, I think Cutler is a drag on this team. We need a new quarterback."...

Anyway, for some odd reason he kinda likes the Falcons too (I think because his first football card was Matt Ryan?) and got to experience a little success on MNF, so maybe that'll keep him for awhile...

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team sucks. They'll probably fire John fox too soon and bring in someone who's worthless, continue to draft shit players, and send our gm packing for another jerry Angelo type. I am sick of the Bears, but I also know what to expect.

Firing Fox IMO would be a mistake as it stands right now. The one thing the Bears have going for them is they're not the fucking Browns or Raiders.

But I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it happens

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Fox IMO would be a mistake as it stands right now. The one thing the Bears have going for them is they're not the fucking Browns or Raiders.

Agreed completely. I think one thing they really do have going is a good/experienced coaching staff. I also still like Pace, and think he did a great job putting together a good defense out of nothing in two off-seasons. Unfortunately, half of the defense has gone down to injury already. So we only got glimpses of it.

I think we stay the course. Keep building upon the talent we have on defense. While making the offense our #1 focus. Re-sign Jeffery, build up front and if we decide to end the Culter era... than obviously QB becomes our #1 concern. I don't think this is an organization that needs to be blown up. Not in the least.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver Linings by Jack Handy
Not really.

The Eagles defense dismantled a more talented Steelers team. Maybe worse than what they did to the Bears.

Connor Shaw is on IR. Really liked what I saw from this kid in preseason. He was picking apart the 2nd-team KC scrubs - and then broke his leg. Hoyer came in in relief and looked, well, pretty much the way he did against Cowboys 1st-teamers on Sunday night. Now maybe Shaw just made the best of his opportunities and realistically has no future on an NFL team? But if he does, I'm glad we have his rights and that he's in our system.

Jordan Howard. Can't wait to see what this kid will do.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Fuller now placed on IR.

Fuck this season.

Lol. What the hell?

He had a damn knee scope. Do you realize how minor that is? I had two in high school, and each time was back in 2-3 weeks. That's absurd. He must have had some kind of a catastrophic set back or something. I can't even think of what it could be that would put him on IR though... Wow.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver Linings by Jack Handy
Not really.

The Eagles defense dismantled a more talented Steelers team. Maybe worse than what they did to the Bears.

Connor Shaw is on IR. Really liked what I saw from this kid in preseason. He was picking apart the 2nd-team KC scrubs - and then broke his leg. Hoyer came in in relief and looked, well, pretty much the way he did against Cowboys 1st-teamers on Sunday night. Now maybe Shaw just made the best of his opportunities and realistically has no future on an NFL team? But if he does, I'm glad we have his rights and that he's in our system.

Jordan Howard. Can't wait to see what this kid will do.

Yeah, when I saw what Philly did to Pittsburgh. It made me think; "Wow. Maybe we overreacted?"... the problem was that I watched the first half of the Dallas game. I realize half of our team is hurt, but I mean... that performance is not justifiable.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fox was careful with his staff, teams that fire during the season usually have someone to elevate to the head coaching spot. The only guy close to qualified is probably Fangio, and thats probably weakening two spots. Another home/division loss though?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox was careful with his staff, teams that fire during the season usually have someone to elevate to the head coaching spot. The only guy close to qualified is probably Fangio, and thats probably weakening two spots. Another home/division loss though?

Jesus Christ. Do you wear a tinfoil hat at all times?

So what you are implying, is that even tho they've put together one of the better coaching staffs in our team's history, Fox COULD'VE done better but held back for fear of the better hiring taking his job?

You're off yer fucking meds mange. I want to like you, but you make it difficult.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I needed to pick up a kicker for my fantasy team due to Crosby having a bye week this week. I picked up Prater with the Lions after watching that Bears game against Dallas.

I feel dirty, but I can't erase what my eyes saw on defense last Sunday night.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ. Do you wear a tinfoil hat at all times?

So what you are implying, is that even tho they've put together one of the better coaching staffs in our team's history, Fox COULD'VE done better but held back for fear of the better hiring taking his job?

You're off yer fucking meds mange. I want to like you, but you make it difficult.

Fox goes down with a grabber tomorrow, who is your interim? If you just read the post and not your perception of what I was thinking when I was writing something different, things might be better here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox goes down with a grabber tomorrow, who is your interim? If you just read the post and not your perception of what I was thinking when I was writing something different, things might be better here.
Is a "grabber" a heart attack?

Either way, your post implies that Fox intentionally didn't hire someone who could replace him, does it not? What was he "careful" about then?

Pretty much a recycled opinion of yours, if I'm not mistaken. (Lovie and Rivera)

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox is old, and looks out fo touch. The team is shit. I no longer give a fuck. Im going to pack up a bunch of shit. The flag in the garage is an embarrassment. Fuck these clown, and shit show of an organization.