• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't know how much longer I can do it

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. The Bears are fucking awful, and its unwatchable for me anymore. This has been a pattern of horrible unwatchable football for a long time. Sprinkling in some good defenses and a kicker(that is no longer there) have been the only consistent positives for many many years. Even the year they went to Superbowl, they were hard to watch. Rex Grossman nearly gave me a heart attack before every snap.

I am fucking fed up with this team. Lucky for me the Raiders are coming to Vegas soon, so i have an out. Probably put all my Bears shit up on ebay for sale. Guess I will probably keep my Walter Payton Wheaties box, and the signed shit I have from him and Butkis, but its just too much to take anymore.

Only makes it harder to take when you seen teams like the Pats lose what you would think is their best player and they just beat the fuck out of their opponents. Our organization is shit and just clings to the past like that somehow makes them relevant.

I made the mistake of wearing a jersey out on Monday night, and went to a bar near my house. I left early with my head down feeling like an idiot for even rooting for an organization that has done just barely enough to keep fans around.

I'm sick of this shit, really.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it sucks... but don't one of those assholes that quits when a team goes through a dry stretch.

Its a part of sports and every team goes through it. NO TEAM in the history of any sport, doesn't go through multi-year periods of being bad.

Sticking with your team through the tough times, is what makes the good times so rewarding. There's no fun in hopping on when its convenient, unless you really are a casual fan of the sport. However, I wouldn't say that anyone who takes time out to post on Chicago Bears message board in their free time is a casual fan.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it sucks... but don't one of those assholes that quits when a team goes through a dry stretch.

Its a part of sports and every team goes through it. NO TEAM in the history of any sport, doesn't go through multi-year periods of being bad.

Sticking with your team through the tough times, is what makes the good times so rewarding. There's no fun in hopping on when its convenient, unless you really are a casual fan of the sport. However, I wouldn't say that anyone who takes time out to post on Chicago Bears message board in their free time is a casual fan.
If every fan were like peter, the Bears would've been good a lot longer or gone defunct. If Bears fans want to be good, then stopping buying the Bears brand until they are good. Make the owners lose money until they sell the team, because the owners are the problem, and will continue to be until they sell the team.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost interest in the 90's, and I'll do it again.

To be fair, I was poor af in the 90's, and the Ticket wasn't around....newspapers were all I really had to follow em' back then. It was cool, cuz they sucked fat dicks anyway.

I'll watch em', but no more paraphernalia from me fer a bit.

I gotta Payton, Urlacher and M. Brown jersey. Doubt another will happen anytime soon. (the Brown jersey is a "cheapy".)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If every fan were like peter, the Bears would've been good a lot longer or gone defunct. If Bears fans want to be good, then stopping buying the Bears brand until they are good. Make the owners lose money until they sell the team, because the owners are the problem, and will continue to be until they sell the team.

Lol. Oh god... this argument.

First... Where did I say to "buy the Bears brand"??? I didn't say go buy tickets. I simply said bailing when things get bumpy and going to another team is a weak move. Do you realize how many god damned franchise's have had it worse than us? We're one of the most storied franchise's in sports.

I also LOVE the notion that the owner's just aren't trying because they make a lot of money. Haha... Is that why we've fired two coaches since early 2013. Along with two GM's since early 2012? Brought in a staff that had the credentials that Fox, Fangio and Gase did? Is that why we spent all of the money that we did in the off-seasons between 2011 and 2014? Is that why we went out and dealt two firsts and a 3rd for what we thought was our franchise QB in 2009?

Give me a break. The McCaskey's have nothing to do with personnel operations. We have NOT had it that bad. In the last decade we've played in a Super Bowl, an NFC title game and have pretty much been competitive all but the last two seasons.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Bearsfan4life

No other team will get muh lurve

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Oh god... this argument.

First... Where did I say to "buy the Bears brand"??? I didn't say go buy tickets. I simply said bailing when things get bumpy and going to another team is a weak move. Do you realize how many god damned franchise's have had it worse than us? We're one of the most storied franchise's in sports.

I also LOVE the notion that the owner's just aren't trying because they make a lot of money. Haha... Is that why we've fired two coaches since early 2013. Along with two GM's since early 2012? Brought in a staff that had the credentials that Fox, Fangio and Gase did? Is that why we spent all of the money that we did in the off-seasons between 2011 and 2014? Is that why we went out and dealt two firsts and a 3rd for what we thought was our franchise QB in 2009?

Give me a break. The McCaskey's have nothing to do with personnel operations. We have NOT had it that bad. In the last decade we've played in a Super Bowl, an NFC title game and have pretty much been competitive all but the last two seasons.
You don't know what you are talking about.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stopping buying the Bears brand until they are good
Fudge, the NFL takes in yearly TV revenue more than $7 Billion (with a "B").
Bears org gets 1/32 of that. Or a little over $226 Million.

Ticket sales account for 60% for each club.
The other 40% goes into a "pot" for all of the the NFL clubs to split.
So if fans even boycotted the games, the Bears (as well as other NFL teams) are still getting money.

With all of the TV money, ticket sales profit sharing, etc., not sure that a Bears jersey or Bears license plate frame will put much of dent in the Bears' bottom line compared to that guaranteed money flowing freely.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the voice of reason... because I'm not emotional at this moment, until I hear Ditka spout off about Kaep. UGH.

Our Chicago Bears are not now and probably weren't going to be a Superbowl contending team, we all kinda new that coming in...But...

The LA Rams haven't scored a TOUCHDOWN since 1994. They are 1-1
The Seattle Seahawks have only scored 1 touchdown... They are 1-1
The Packers are 1-1. And their offense is sputtering.
The Colts and the epitome of "Franchise QB" in his 5th year are 0-2.
The Jags and their amazing offseason of FA signings & young Franchise QB. Are 0-2.
Tampa Bay and their "Pro-bowl" Rookie QB are 1-1 and quiet odd (4 Td passes one game 4 picks & a fumble the next)
The Saints are 0-2.
The Jets and our former players who we NEEDED to keep... are 1-1.

The Bears don't look that good right now. It's true. And I'm pissed too. Adding all the injuries I don't see this team getting many more wins this year than they did last... And that sucks. Being so close to it, watching and
re-watching game film, second guessing every coaches decision and QB throw, and playing the "what-if" game is only going to make any fan pissed off. I'm sure some fans of the teams above are feeling the same way.

You're pissed because you see a great defense beat us while we're playing away, and a rookie QB play well in his second game. You see a division rival loses their starting QB only to trade for another starter, who it looks like after 1 game is working for them. You see a HOF RB go down and still see a 2-0 start. You see a team lose a HOF QB to suspension, it's backup injured, and they still go 3-0 behind one of the best coaches in history*. (*every team wants that. IT's crazy rare!!!)

You automatically feel. WHY can't WE have THAT? IT's TIME we have that. What you fail to see is that sometime in the near future those teams will have bad games, those fans will get pissed about the same shit you are, and their season's could be "over" too. Their fans could "quit" on them too. But they won't. And neither will you.

The Bears started last year 0-3. They lost 5 games last year by 4 points or less, 1 by 6 and 1 by 8. We have a very polarizing starting QB, and a very young team with mis-mashed parts, yet a very experienced group of coaches. We now have multiple injuries to tend to.
I'm not jumping ship. I'm a "Real" fan...even if I do like Jay Cutler. What we need is some Bear Weather! LOL.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were always fun to watch with the great defense, but its seems like the agenda of each new GM and coach is to get rid of all the ties to the last regime. Everyone but the quarterback. Cant say it was done on purpose or those players were all just that bad, but it seems like the case since there has been very little upgrade.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if fans even boycotted the games, the Bears (as well as other NFL teams) are still getting money.

With all of the TV money, ticket sales profit sharing, etc., not sure that a Bears jersey or Bears license plate frame will put much of dent in the Bears' bottom line compared to that guaranteed money flowing freely.
Good point. I guess the Bears are gonna suck for long periods of time, until they fall ass backwards into quality players again.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were always fun to watch with the great defense, but its seems like the agenda of each new GM and coach is to get rid of all the ties to the last regime. Everyone but the quarterback. Cant say it was done on purpose or those players were all just that bad, but it seems like the case since there has been very little upgrade.
UGH!!! You are such a stupid inbred. Your thinking is what's wrong with being a Bears fan. I fucking hate the way you think.
1. "Were fun to watch when they had a great defense."
EVERY FUCKING team with good defense is fun to watch. It's football... It has NOTHING to do with "Chicago Bears history" of being "Tough Defensive minded" And thats' what you want. YOU want 1985. FAAAQQ

2. "The Agenda of each new GM and Coach is to get rid of all the ties to the last regime."
YES! It is... everywhere! Why? Because they were FIRED, and LOST games with that regime. AND every new regime wants THEIR guys!

3. "Everyone but the QB."
YES. you bias bastard... Because,
A.) he was still OWED a bunch of money and it would have been hard to trade.
B.) He's a solid NFL starting QB in a world without many of those.
C.) THERE Wasn't/Isn't a viable option to replace him. See B.^
D.) Waiting on and hoping you picked the right Rookie- isn't something many NEW regimes want to do- if they want to keep their jobs.
E.) The MULTIPLE OTHER needs of the team.

4. "Cant say it was done on purpose or those players were all just that bad, but it seems like the case since there has been very little upgrade."
YOU bitch about losing games, you complain about coaches and GM's, YOU bash the shit out of our QB... after all that. YOU get a new GM and Coach... And you STILL BITCH ABOUT LOSING the players that LOST THOSE games!!!!!??? GAAAHHHH
It's 2 freaking games. What kind of UPGRADE are you looking for? YOU think ANY player is going to come in here and catch 8+ TOUCHDOWN passes or run for 250 yards in 2 freaking games? YOU are the freaking WORST! The WORST! You're dogshit as a "fan". STOP... just stop. Go Away.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then why did the Rams move?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did the Rams move?
The Rams' owner started buying land in California for a new stadium even before he got permission from the NFL to move the team. It was his intention to move the team.
I'm sure size of the city was not the issue since Pittsburgh and Buffalo actually have smaller populations than St. Louis. Even from a metropolitan suburban grouping.

Wouldn't doubt that ticket sales probably had something to do with it.
Keep in mind that owners are business people too.
Tax credits, stadium deals, naming rights...
If it helps their bottom line to move, they will.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 8 year old son is just getting into watching and rooting for football. I convinced him to be a Bear fan with me and he's trying hard to buy in... Kids in the neighborhood and at school literally tell him "The Bears Stink!!!" every time he wears his Bears gear... He tells me this and I've said to tell them that you don't start rooting for a team just because they win.

Heck, my wife's family is from Wisconsin and they are Packer fans and he almost decided to start rooting for the Packers because they're better... But something clicked in him and he committed to the Bears. Good boy!!! Last two weekends I've sat with my son and watched the first half (With him because he had to go to bed... I watched the entire game both times), and we have watched the Bears crap the bed BADLY... I'm literally trying to crack jokes and make it fun while watching this dumpster fire so we at least get joy out of watching the game no matter the result, but man... Want the kid to experience the feeling of "Yay!!! We won!!!" once or twice too... Ya know?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned that shit off before halftime

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned that shit off before halftime

I ened up making it thru the 3rd qtr..........Only cause I had Zeke Elliot on my fantasy team.

But yea......We are horrible and bet we only win 2 games all season.:L

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dez initially went out with a knee injury on their 1st drive I had a sliver of hope and optimism. Then when it became evident that Dallas would score points on nearly every single one of their drives, I gave up all hope and turned it and let my daughter watch Bubble Guppies.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

https://vine.co/v/5v3xTTJ02jt

at least there were some nice hits.

I saw what happened to Dez Bryants knee on that tackle, I am not surprised he was not right the rest of the game.