• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am finally hearing Watson outrage

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said..........what had me :confused: was bringing Taylor back out on the field and then running the zone-read.

It was obvious he wasn't going to take off an run, so we just tell the best rush defense in the Big 12 exactly where we're goin with the football? We're not good enough up front to be 1-dimensional.

fumblerooskie1970

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember when Frazier went down, we thought, OK Brook will win games he's in, then he goes down and we said OH SHIT, I think we are DONE!!!!! Turminator came in and ran the offense and everything was fine. I do not have confidence in Watsons offense to even be comfortable with Martinez as QB let alone the backups.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a jack of all trades and a master of none. All he preaches is multiplicity multiplicity multiplicity, but he has no solid philisophies. We need somebody who's going to come in and know exactly what they need to do to utilize our personell.

We're still a work in progress right now, but Bo wouldn't say that outright. This years recruiting class says it all I think. Dual threat QB's, RB's and O-Linemen are flocking to this program. WR's however are running as far away from this program as possible. I think we've found our identity folks, and it aint a spread passing attack.

A spread passing attack, sadly, is Watson's wet dream.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players also need to have confidence and believe in what they are trying to do. The defense has confidence in what they are being taught. The offense seems confused all the time..

From his days at Colorado until now, Watson's had 1 or 2 decent seasons, no great ones, but plenty of bad ones. Penalties and turnovers are signature Watson offenses..

I agree with Brasky in that Watson's true love is to sling the ball around in a spread type passing offense (ala Missouri). Bo want's a more physical rushing offense. Watson is trying to accomodate but doesn't have the mindset to be any good or consistent at it hence the team constantly shooting itself in the foot.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Ole Miss @ LSU game on Saturday.........say what you want about Ole Miss, they know how to call plays offensively. If they had our defense that day they would have blown out LSU.....in fact they would be damn near close to undefeated in the SEC.

With a defense like ours, we should be undefeated.........there should be no question about it. I just don't get why we run every single play out of the gun.........why not get under center and run some misdirection running plays, get the defense on their heels a bit and then throw a play action pass down the field to Kyler Reed who I believe is greater than or equal to Matt Herian.

Multiplicity is about giving the defense multiple looks..........we aren't doing that right now. Defenses figured out real quick how to slow us down. In fact, the only way our offense really works effectively is when Taylor can hit those quick strikes to Kinnie and Paul.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also let me just say this..........the reason that Taylor isn't busting off huge runs has less to do with his injury than most of us believe. Like I said, defenses found out how to put the clamps down on him at the line of scrimmage. Those big holes that were there early in the season are not there anymore.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt JJM. Watson is a one trick pony. Notice how he'll be really successful for part of a series and then have no idea what to do to keep a defense guessing. He'll just continue to call the same plays hoping they simply physically cannot stop what we are doing.

The most annoying fucking thing is his whole "We don't want to show that part of our offense on tape"

By now he should have let it all hang out. If he's the offensive genius that he claims to be, then where is the occasional trick play, reverse, or some sort of new ground breaking formation? (ala the Pelini Peso)

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at his statistics at Colorado..One year they ran, next year they passed..yada yada

There was never a true identity..

What the fuck are we doing this week coach?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt JJM. Watson is a one trick pony. Notice how he'll be really successful for part of a series and then have no idea what to do to keep a defense guessing. He'll just continue to call the same plays hoping they simply physically cannot stop what we are doing.

The most annoying fucking thing is his whole "We don't want to show that part of our offense on tape"

By now he should have let it all hang out. If he's the offensive genius that he claims to be, then where is the occasional trick play, reverse, or some sort of new ground breaking formation? (ala the Pelini Peso)

Exactly. No defense has to guess when they play us. Back in the early to mid 90s we were able to get away with that because our offensive linemen were just animals out there. I heard stories about how the linemen would walk up to the line of scrimmage and tell the defense what play they were going to run and the defense still couldn't stop it.

But we don't have those beasts out there on our line. We have good linemen, but not that damn good. I would love to see the day when we can just pound the ball straight forward again......but that day is just not right now.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he would have taken the Bama OC job.

fumblerooskie1970

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think he will be gone, but not soon enough for me. Our offense cant hang our hat on anything. Watson has changed the offense in mid season twice in 3 years. I'm sick of this offense, zone read, shotgun bullshit!!! Line up in I and run the damn ball.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is there isn't much of a short passing game (7 to 15 yards out). This allows the defense to put 8 in the box on most plays.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want someone to take away all 20+ runs and see what kind of offense we have. 1.2 yards average per snap...maybe.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell our TDs are coming from an average of like 35 yards out.........not a very efficient offense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watson is out of his element trying to call a spread offence. With the right players and running a pro style O his play calling would work, like it did with Zac Taylor. The head coach needs to decide what way to go with the offence and if it is the spread zone read, then its time to get the right asst in there to coach it.

jwesh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watson is not an offensive genius or anything but any suggestions on who would be better.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he will be gone, but not soon enough for me. Our offense cant hang our hat on anything. Watson has changed the offense in mid season twice in 3 years. I'm sick of this offense, zone read, shotgun bullshit!!! Line up in I and run the damn ball.

I used to complain about Osborne's tendency to run up the middle especially in the 70s and 80s, but it sure beats the hell out of this crappy ass offense.