• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Agree With Fred Smoot On Kirk Cousins

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC has regressed right after his best performance of his career which was the GB game. I don't count the Bears last season they were just bad.

I agree to an extent. I would suggest the regression goes beyond KC though.

He did throw for 449 and 3 TDs against Dallas. And there was the Bears game.

I think his big problem is throwing under duress. Look at this article.

Numbers say Kirk Cousins must improve under duress

On a personal note Dean, this is how we need to communicate.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent. I would suggest the regression goes beyond KC though.

He did throw for 449 and 3 TDs against Dallas. And there was the Bears game.

I think his big problem is throwing under duress. Look at this article.

Numbers say Kirk Cousins must improve under duress

On a personal note Dean, this is how we need to communicate.

The Dallas game we were behind by a lot of points and lot of those stats were garbage time. If you are talking about Game 2. Game one KC was just awful. Even when his stats looked good. I think this is the point, KC should be able to throw under duress by now. Week 1 didn't do him any favors.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas game we were behind by a lot of points and lot of those stats were garbage time. If you are talking about Game 2. Game one KC was just awful. Even when his stats looked good. I think this is the point, KC should be able to throw under duress by now. Week 1 didn't do him any favors.

230 yards in the first half. We kept scoring to bring it within a possession but our defense didn't hold. Sorry that doesn't fly.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but is Kc really getting any better? I know it's early in the season but what we saw on Sunday makes me nervous. I hope it changes
Dean, its been one game. geez. How about letting him play more than once to determine if he has or hasn't gotten better.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, its been one game. geez. How about letting him play more than once to determine if he has or hasn't gotten better.

I know its one game, but I was referring to December of 2016.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB in football has a worse record against good teams than they have against bad teams. That is the reason some teams are good and some are bad.

There's every QB in football has a worse record against good teams than they do bad teams. Than there's this garbage.

2-11 or a winning percentage of 18.1% against teams with 9+ wins.
5-13 or a winning percentage of 38.4% against teams with 8+ wins.

The 5-13 record is shitty, really shitty, but the 2-11 record is absurdly and ridiculously shitty.

Now some might say those 2 wins came last year and against good teams. Yeah, well, after the GB game the Skins were 6-3-1. I thought we were poised to make a strong end of the year run and head into the postseason strong being led by Kirk. What we got though was that in every game where a win could've signified another step in the right direction for Cuz. The 2nd Dallas game, Arizona, Carolina and NYG. He came up short...again. And just like last Sunday against Philly. He picked arguably the most critical time in the game to come up lacking.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now hold on for just a damned minute!!

Is this an entire thread about Kirk Cousins and what he has or has not done in winning or losing games?...... Him?..... Kirk Cousins? Let me remind you all who obviously trolled me in that other thread**.......Kirk Cousins don't win or lose games.....the team does.

:tsk:(** Told you sun-a-guns that I would point this shit out when it happens as it always does):gaah:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's every QB in football has a worse record against good teams than they do bad teams. Than there's this garbage.

2-11 or a winning percentage of 18.1% against teams with 9+ wins.
5-13 or a winning percentage of 38.4% against teams with 8+ wins.

The 5-13 record is shitty, really shitty, but the 2-11 record is absurdly and ridiculously shitty.

Now some might say those 2 wins came last year and against good teams. Yeah, well, after the GB game the Skins were 6-3-1. I thought we were poised to make a strong end of the year run and head into the postseason strong being led by Kirk. What we got though was that in every game where a win could've signified another step in the right direction for Cuz. The 2nd Dallas game, Arizona, Carolina and NYG. He came up short...again. And just like last Sunday against Philly. He picked arguably the most critical time in the game to come up lacking.

In 2016, we went 2-5 against teams that had 9+wins and 3-5 against teams with 8+ wins.
Pitt 11-5
Dallas 13-3
NYG 11-5
GB 10-6
Minnesota 8-8
Detroit 9-7

In 2016, Matt Stafford went 0-6 against 9+ win teams and 3-6 against 8+ win teams. Keep in mind, we had already won our game against Detroit until our D screwed it up.
Tenn 9-7
GB 10-6
Wash 8-7-1
Minn 8-8
NYG 11-5
Dallas 13-3
Houston 9-7

In 2016, Brees went 2-7 against 9+ win teams.
NYG 11-5
Detroit 9-7
Oakland 12-4
Atlanta 11-5
KC 12-4
Seattle 10-5-1
Denver9-7
TB 9-7

My point is what it always was. Compare the win percentages of teams around .500 and see what you get. Notice KC actually had a better record against better teams than either Stafford and Brees. I also can't emphasize enough that Detroit game.

Yes, we blew it last season but he brought us through the previous season.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were no garbage stats by Kirk in the 2nd Dallas game. What killed the Skins, besides our defense not being able to stop Dallas in the 2nd half (they scored a TD on every 2nd half possession, but their first one) Was that the Skis first two/only scoring drives in the 1st half were 2 FGs kicked by Hopkins from a distance of 24 and 20 yards. Basically Hopkins kicked 2 FGs that were roughly the distance of what XPs used to be. Which was the product of the Skins being unable to score TDs after getting deep into Dallas' RZ.

Hopkins also missed 2 FGs in that Dallas game from 43 yards and 55 yards. And yeah, 55 yards in a long ass FG, but doable as we see throughout the course of a season. Particularly in domed stadiums with perfect conditions.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey G!

Interesting post in #208. I was responding or trying to and I keep nodding off. I'm gonna go rest my neck and we can further discuss in the morning

The Skins are playing the rare 1 pm Sunday game. Been a while for one of those. You, Stymietee, and dean have a good one. I'll conversate with you brethren manana.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey G!

Interesting post in #208. I was responding or trying to and I keep nodding off. I'm gonna go rest my neck and we can further discuss in the morning

The Skins are playing the rare 1 pm Sunday game. Been a while for one of those. You, Stymietee, and dean have a good one. I'll conversate with you brethren manana.

Thanks. Last night, I actually started to look up the careers of Eli, Brees, Rivers, and Palmer to see what their career percentages are because all three are just over .500 in their careers. Then I realized how long that would take and said nope.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Last night, I actually started to look up the careers of Eli, Brees, Rivers, and Palmer to see what their career percentages are because all three are just over .500 in their careers. Then I realized how long that would take and said nope.

And how little it would matter :D

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smoot looks stupid today folks

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked stupid when he made the statement. I proved that. Country didn't say another word on this thread either.
smoot looks stupid today folks

Wait a minute, is there a debate over whether or not this guy has more than one look?

th
....Uh Nope!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, is there a debate over whether or not this guy has more than one look?

th
....Uh Nope!!
Fred is the black Joe Theismann. Never seen a mic he doesn't like. Neither of them always make sense, but that is immaterial to them. They just like to talk.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3