• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Agree With Fred Smoot On Kirk Cousins

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if some one said any thing negative about Cousins and you and a few others didnt whole heartedly agree actually.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer not to listen to opinions from Fred "toast" Smoot

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree with Smoot?

Facts say for 2016...

1sr quarter- 94/139, 1101, 6 TD, 1 int
2nd quarter- 99/154, 1147, 3 TD, 3 int
3rd quarter- 101/141, 1306, 8 TD, 3 int
4th quarter- 104/160, 1286, 8 TD, 5 int

2015 was even worse for Smoot. Check it out.

So, Smoot is a dumb ass and anybody who wouldn't at least check it out before posting it as evidence is likely a dumb ass too.

Kirk Cousins

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree with Smoot?

Facts say for 2016...

1sr quarter- 94/139, 1101, 6 TD, 1 int
2nd quarter- 99/154, 1147, 3 TD, 3 int
3rd quarter- 101/141, 1306, 8 TD, 3 int
4th quarter- 104/160, 1286, 8 TD, 5 int

2015 was even worse for Smoot. Check it out.

So, Smoot is a dumb ass and anybody who wouldn't at least check it out before posting it as evidence is likely a dumb ass too.

Kirk Cousins
when smoot said kirk is a 4th quarter qb i think he was saying skins under kirk he either wins the game in the fourth or blows the game in the fourth but stat wise looks like 3rd qrt is his best

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

Everyone knows where I stand. But I will give it at least 1/2 the season before I make too many proclamations. I am willing to give KC the benefit of the doubt and let his play speak for itself. We will see if he can show the club, league, and fan base if he is worth the $$$, excuses be damned.

Good approach. Whether you like Cousins or not you have to let this play out for at least the next few months. You don't give a guy a huge amt of money then bench him after one or even a few bad performance(s). Also anyone suggesting that the Redskins try to lose most/all of their games (to draft a QB early & hope that they won't fail) is not a fan & I suggest they go look for another team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From that article:

“And right now, if I compare his weapons to the weapons of Aaron Rodgers or the weapons of [Derek] Carr, he has the better weapons. He’s had the better weapons the last three years. And we’ve [won] no playoff games. And everybody gives him the benefit of the doubt, because we ain’t had no quarterback since Sonny Jurgensen.”

Seriously? Cousins has better weapons than Carr? I hope that this eventually turns out to be even close to being remotely accurate. However - at this time - are you kidding? What WRs do they have that rival Cooper & Crabtree? What RB is on par w/ Lynch? Sure - you give the edge to the Skins at TE but not overall. Also - OL is not a weapon, but at this time the Raiders certainly have the edge in that area & (as we saw on Sun) this can have a huge impact on yards, turnovers & pts.

Things can certainly change over the course of the season but right now Smoot's statement is off base.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, y'all know I don't think Kirk Cousins is worth the money he's getting paid.

With that said...Fred Smoot is a fucking idiot. He's got NO idea what he's talking about.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is on a prove it deal. He took the risk, he has 15 games to go. He knew when he turned down the long term deal what he was up against. The same can be said for TP and a few other guys. They are on prove it deals. I am not against these one year deals and in fact like them.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, y'all know I don't think Kirk Cousins is worth the money he's getting paid.

With that said...Fred Smoot is a fucking idiot. He's got NO idea what he's talking about.

You see. I think I found part of the problem. Most here don't think KC is worth the money, even his supporters. His worth is not the same as his market value.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see. I think I found part of the problem. Most here don't think KC is worth the money, even his supporters. His worth is not the same as his market value.

Personally I really don't care that much about his salary or bonus money. It is not as if any of us will reap the benefits of the money that they don't give to him. Also - this idea that money not spent on him will translate into more talent at other positions is kind of flawed. The Redskins have quite often shown a tendency to not spend this money wisely & they are much better off focusing more on draft picks & low end FAs who come pretty cheap.

I am really only worried about Cousins doing well period. If he continues to blow it - sure - go in another direction. We will see.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, it also doesn't help that the market value for QBs is too high. The similarities between Stafford, Carr and Cousins are visible and obvious. David Carr took a 4-12 team to 12-4, making the playoffs and the only reason they lost in the first round last year was because he got injured. Stafford took an 0-16 team, albeit slowly, to making the playoffs in 3 of the last 6 years. Cousins took a 3-13 team to 9-7 and making the playoffs. Neither QB has won a playoff game but one thing is clear between these three QBs.

The Lions have made the playoff run they are making now with Scott Mitchell as QB from 94-97. Charlie Batch took them to the playoffs in 1999. Jon Kitna took them to 7-9 in 2007. Stafford was the QB in 2012 when they went 4-12. So Stafford hasn't changed the landscape of the Lions franchise.

The Redskins have made the playoffs and won their division with Robert Griffin III as QB in 2012. Mark Brunell took them to the playoffs in 2005 and won a playoff game. Jason Campbell took them to the playoffs in 2007. Going to the playoffs wasn't a huge hill to climb for the Redskins. So Cousins hasn't changed the landscape of the Redskins franchise

The Raiders were nothing from the time they went to the Super Bowl in 2002 to the time Derek Carr, Amari Cooper and Jack Del Rio came into town. So, arguably, Carr is worth the money he's making because he's essentially changing the Raiders franchise. No Raiders QB since Rich Gannon has been able to do what Derek Carr has done for the Raiders.

Yes, Cousins took over a 3-13 team to be a .500 team. Yes, Stafford took over an 0-16 team to be a somewhat consistent playoff team but can't put together two winning seasons in a row. The Lions didn't make the playoffs from 2000-2010, but Stafford has also had 4 losing seasons in his 7 full starting seasons. Neither Cousins or Stafford are doing something drastically different to change the franchise.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins have made the playoffs and won their division with Robert Griffin III as QB in 2012. Mark Brunell took them to the playoffs in 2005 and won a playoff game. Jason Campbell took them to the playoffs in 2007. Going to the playoffs wasn't a huge hill to climb for the Redskins. So Cousins hasn't changed the landscape of the Redskins franchise

Jason Campbell DID NOT take the Redskins to the playoffs in 2007. That was sadly the year that Sean Taylor died & the team rallied in his honor. Todd Collins took over for a slumping JC and rode them to the playoffs (where they were beaten pretty soundly by SEA). As a matter of fact Campbell had a losing record that season before he was benched. RG3 was a gimmick that could not be sustained.

Cousins may or may not do well this season, but I would certainly say he has much more potential than Brunell or Campbell & in hindsight RG3.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Campbell DID NOT take the Redskins to the playoffs in 2007. That was sadly the year that Sean Taylor died & the team rallied in his honor. Todd Collins took over for a slumping JC and rode them to the playoffs (where they were beaten pretty soundly by SEA). As a matter of fact Campbell had a losing record that season before he was benched. RG3 was a gimmick that could not be sustained.

Cousins may or may not do well this season, but I would certainly say he has much more potential than Brunell or Campbell & in hindsight RG3.

It's arguable, but Campbell started 13 games that year and went 6-7. It's not like Jason Campbell was 2-11. Dude kept the Redskins in the hunt in 2007.

You're right about one thing though. RG3 was a gimmick. A gimmick that's had the same success in Washington as Kirk Cousins. Both have a division title. Both made the playoffs. Both lost in the first round. Cousins has only been good for the last two years. When he took over for RG3 in 2013 and 2014, he sucked ass.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's arguable, but Campbell started 13 games that year and went 6-7. It's not like Jason Campbell was 2-11. Dude kept the Redskins in the hunt in 2007.

You're right about one thing though. RG3 was a gimmick. A gimmick that's had the same success in Washington as Kirk Cousins. Both have a division title. Both made the playoffs. Both lost in the first round. Cousins has only been good for the last two years. When he took over for RG3 in 2013 and 2014, he sucked ass.

Washington Redskins 2007 Schedule - Redskins Home and Away - ESPN

My bad - JC was hurt and not benched. However - he only won 5 games that season - not 6. He was a mediocre QB at best. Collins was good enough for the entire month of Dec. Again - Cousins has more potential than all of those guys that you listed. Will he follow through? Perhaps not - we will see.

Folks need to get past this whole idea of QBs getting paid too much . Get over it - it is a fact of life in the NFL & won't be changing anytime soon - like it or not.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad - JC was hurt and not benched. However - he only won 5 games that season - not 6. He was a mediocre QB at best. Collins was good enough for the entire month of Dec. Again - Cousins has more potential than all of those guys that you listed. Will he follow through? Perhaps not - we will see.

Folks need to get past this whole idea of QBs getting paid too much . Get over it - it is a fact of life in the NFL & won't be changing anytime soon - like it or not.

Not arguing semantics, but in the record books, Campbell went 6-7 that year.

2007 Washington Redskins Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Campbell was mediocre. The year after that he led the team to an 8-8 record. But what I'm saying is that's the kinda record Cousins is leading the team to 8-7-1 and 9-7. It's a 1 game difference from when Campbell was QB.

QBs getting paid a lot, that's fine. The QB is arguably the most important position on the field. But there is a difference between getting paid a lot and getting over paid. If they are getting paid based on potential, where is the potential in an aging 10-year vet who's best years are probably not in front of him? I can understand Carr getting that payday. Dude is only in his 4th year. But they're paying Stafford to keep doing what he's doing which is have a great year, then an off year, then possibly have another off year or a great year. Stafford has never led the team to two winning seasons in a row. Just because it won't be changing, doesn't mean that it just automatically makes sense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it also doesn't help that the market value for QBs is too high. The similarities between Stafford, Carr and Cousins are visible and obvious. David Carr took a 4-12 team to 12-4, making the playoffs and the only reason they lost in the first round last year was because he got injured. Stafford took an 0-16 team, albeit slowly, to making the playoffs in 3 of the last 6 years. Cousins took a 3-13 team to 9-7 and making the playoffs. Neither QB has won a playoff game but one thing is clear between these three QBs.

The Lions have made the playoff run they are making now with Scott Mitchell as QB from 94-97. Charlie Batch took them to the playoffs in 1999. Jon Kitna took them to 7-9 in 2007. Stafford was the QB in 2012 when they went 4-12. So Stafford hasn't changed the landscape of the Lions franchise.

The Raiders were nothing from the time they went to the Super Bowl in 2002 to the time Derek Carr, Amari Cooper and Jack Del Rio came into town. So, arguably, Carr is worth the money he's making because he's essentially changing the Raiders franchise. No Raiders QB since Rich Gannon has been able to do what Derek Carr has done for the Raiders.

Yes, Cousins took over a 3-13 team to be a .500 team. Yes, Stafford took over an 0-16 team to be a somewhat consistent playoff team but can't put together two winning seasons in a row. The Lions didn't make the playoffs from 2000-2010, but Stafford has also had 4 losing seasons in his 7 full starting seasons. Neither Cousins or Stafford are doing something drastically different to change the franchise.

Oh yeah??......Well, despite all of your proof, it's been well established here on this site that "He's the best that we've had in 20 years." :pound:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I really don't care that much about his salary or bonus money. It is not as if any of us will reap the benefits of the money that they don't give to him. Also - this idea that money not spent on him will translate into more talent at other positions is kind of flawed. The Redskins have quite often shown a tendency to not spend this money wisely & they are much better off focusing more on draft picks & low end FAs who come pretty cheap.

I am really only worried about Cousins doing well period. If he continues to blow it - sure - go in another direction. We will see.

The idea that all else equal having more money to spend elsewhere isnt a good thing is ridiculous.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not arguing semantics, but in the record books, Campbell went 6-7 that year.

2007 Washington Redskins Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Campbell was mediocre. The year after that he led the team to an 8-8 record. But what I'm saying is that's the kinda record Cousins is leading the team to 8-7-1 and 9-7. It's a 1 game difference from when Campbell was QB.

QBs getting paid a lot, that's fine. The QB is arguably the most important position on the field. But there is a difference between getting paid a lot and getting over paid. If they are getting paid based on potential, where is the potential in an aging 10-year vet who's best years are probably not in front of him? I can understand Carr getting that payday. Dude is only in his 4th year. But they're paying Stafford to keep doing what he's doing which is have a great year, then an off year, then possibly have another off year or a great year. Stafford has never led the team to two winning seasons in a row. Just because it won't be changing, doesn't mean that it just automatically makes sense.

Not semantics - you are crediting JC with winning the Bears game (where he was hurt). Collins won that game with 2 TD passes. Campbell left the game in the 2nd QTR when the score was 0-0. How is that winning the game? Once again you use stats incorrectly & fail to use the actual eye test when evaluating players.

Again - who cares if this makes sense. The QB pay is just the way it is - a waste of time arguing that pt. You sound like Clint Eastwood telling people to get off his lawn. Get over it already.