• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Agree With Fred Smoot On Kirk Cousins

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one are not afraid of a rookie Qb especially this rookie class coming in. Plus there will be no need for a RG3 type trade of draft picks to land a good one. I agree with you the money is insane for Kc's talent. I just want the season to play out before I make my final decision on whether or not to give KC a LTD.

I agree that the season should play out at least til week 12 or 13 before final decisions are made by the fans, but I will say that this is the same Kirk Cousins that you've had since 2013 who went 0-3 in his starts and in 2014 who went 1-4 in his starts. Same QB who went 9-7 then 8-7-1. If you're expecting a different outcome, you're insane.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the season should play out at least til week 12 or 13 before final decisions are made by the fans, but I will say that this is the same Kirk Cousins that you've had since 2013 who went 0-3 in his starts and in 2014 who went 1-4 in his starts. Same QB who went 9-7 then 8-7-1. If you're expecting a different outcome, you're insane.

I tend to agree with you after watching the collapse of Dec 2016 and last Sundays game. It is possible he could turn it around. You make valid points. On the flip side if he leads this team to a 10-6 season with a playoff win or not do you give him the LTD?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC should've improved by now. It's his 5th year. 3rd year as a full-time starter.

It's NOT a bad thing to have a Kirk Cousins type on a team, even as a starter if you are in a rebuild mode. I have said on many occasions that sports teams at every level should always be in "upgrade" mode. This includes the QB position.

I believe that the problem most are having with upgrading at QB here is fear. There is certainly a mistrust of our front offices to competently do this and that's understandable. Posters here love the stability that embodies Kirk Cousins and I get that too, but honestly, most of the same sentiments were being bandied about surrounding a former kicker here.........Kia Forbath. At the time he too was being touted as the best that we've had since blah, blah, blah. He was a record setter who needed to improve game, especially on his kickoffs. Sound familiar?

This is Washington, I get the fear, but in sports, change happens, sometimes better, sometimes worse. People can't be frozen into doing nothing based on pretense, or a sense of hopefulness in one player who has already exhibited his upside on the field of play.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's NOT a bad thing to have a Kirk Cousins type on a team, even as a starter if you are in a rebuild mode. I have said on many occasions that sports teams at every level should always be in "upgrade" mode. This includes the QB position.

I believe that the problem most are having with upgrading at QB here is fear. There is certainly a mistrust of our front offices to competently do this and that's understandable. Posters here love the stability that embodies Kirk Cousins and I get that too, but honestly, most of the same sentiments were being bandied about surrounding a former kicker here.........Kia Forbath. At the time he too was being touted as the best that we've had since blah, blah, blah. He was a record setter who needed to improve game, especially on his kickoffs. Sound familiar?

This is Washington, I get the fear, but in sports, change happens, sometimes better, sometimes worse. People can't be frozen into doing nothing based on pretense, or a sense of hopefulness in one player who has already exhibited his upside on the field of play.

nice post. I like the Kai reference. Wow. Remember those arguments.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with you after watching the collapse of Dec 2016 and last Sundays game. It is possible he could turn it around. You make valid points. On the flip side if he leads this team to a 10-6 season with a playoff win or not do you give him the LTD?

If he improves the team and actually becomes a leader then definitely. 100% LTD with a division title. He needs to show that he can improve the team, not keep them as a consistent .500 or 1 game over .500 team who's always on the bubble of making the playoffs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he improves the team and actually becomes a leader then definitely. 100% LTD with a division title. He needs to show that he can improve the team, not keep them as a consistent .500 or 1 game over .500 team who's always on the bubble of making the playoffs.

I don't know about division title but a wildcard win should do the trick for a LTD.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've said this before the season started. If you're okay with always being on the edge of making the playoffs and 1 game over .500, then Kirk Cousins is your guy. If you want a chance at something better, you gotta take a chance at the draft. Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Jameis Winston, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck...they have all made an IMMEDIATE change in the team within 1-2 years of being drafted.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about division title but a wildcard win should do the trick for a LTD.

Playoff wins are key. Most people don't understand that. You can make the playoffs all you want but if you are 0-6 in playoff games, what's the point unless you won the division.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody is saying he isnt what he is . nobody is saying he elevates other players , what is being said is find a better proven replacement for cheaper

crickets is the answer

If hes not good enough - and im not saying thats the case but IF - then its unfair to expect somebody to find a proven better replacement (cheaper or otherwise).

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If hes not good enough - and im not saying thats the case but IF - then its unfair to expect somebody to find a proven better replacement (cheaper or otherwise).

If, based upon your "IF" as used here, "he is not good enough" isn't it a priority to get that replacement? What am I missing here or are you asking him about one of us identifying and getting that replacement?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its almost like being the best we've had at a position in a long time is really bad reason to keep somebody.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, based upon your "IF" as used here, "he is not good enough" isn't it a priority to get that replacement? What am I missing here or are you asking him about one of us identifying and getting that replacement?

Im saying skinsdad always insists that you cant say get rid of kirk without having a PROVEN better replacement. IM saying thats BS. Its ridiculous to have a proven better option. But IF kirk isnt good enough than you need to move on with the best possible alternative that MIGHT be better.

So yes IF he is not good enough it is absolutely a priority to get that replacement. Im just saying its unfair to expect that replacement to be proven to be better.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be so funny when your next QB is worse. He'll be an exact replica that is made of 1/3 RG3, 1/3 Patrick Ramsey, and 1/3 Jason Campbell.:laugh3:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be so funny when your next QB is worse. He'll be an exact replica that is made of 1/3 RG3, 1/3 Patrick Ramsey, and 1/3 Jason Campbell.:laugh3:

Oh no. Is our next Qb going to be Carson Wentz? :gaah:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's sad is that might be what Kirk Cousins is right now. RG3 and Cousins have the same success in Washington, Jason Campbell led the Redskins to a .500 record, I mean he's nothing special. He's about the same as what they've had before.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whaaaa, No Donovan McNabb?:D

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's sad is that might be what Kirk Cousins is right now. RG3 and Cousins have the same success in Washington, Jason Campbell led the Redskins to a .500 record, I mean he's nothing special. He's about the same as what they've had before.
No. RG3, Ramsey and Campbell are miserable excuses for a QB. Cousins has gotten no support from the organization and then they got rid of all his weapons. One of the two that is left is always hurt and now Crowder is hurt too. What a shitshow.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. RG3, Ramsey and Campbell are miserable excuses for a QB. Cousins has gotten no support from the organization and then they got rid of all his weapons. One of the two that is left is always hurt and now Crowder is hurt too. What a shitshow.

Cousins has gotten no support because what has he done differently from RG3? What's he done differently from Mark Brunell? No matter who you root for, Robert Griffin III has had the same success with the Washington Redskins as Kirk Cousins. There's no denying that.