• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Agree With Fred Smoot On Kirk Cousins

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GK is right. You shift just like Dean does. So how is this KC's fault? He improved. You said he didn't. Fact.

You didn't improve as a team. The offense went from 10th to 12th. KC improved statistically. That's great for him but not for the team. How did that translate to more wins? Like I've said all along, you can throw for 5,000 yards all you want but if you don't make the playoffs, it doesn't matter. The entire team as a whole didn't do as good as they did in 2015. That's a fact.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at last week, Sam Bradford AND Teddy Bridgewater are FAs next year...Just sayin. Vikings aren't gonna keep both.

Good luck convincing this group that another player can come here and do what Kirk has done or better!! Almost everyone here, with few exceptions, believes that Kirk is gone next year, yet in their paralysis won't or can't imagine someone else doing the job. Confused? you won't be on the next episode of SOAP (sorry I had to do that:D)

( If the line is too old for some...just Google/search the Bolded/underlined)

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck convincing this group that another player can come here and do what Kirk has done or better!! Almost everyone here, with few exceptions, believes that Kirk is gone next year, yet in their paralysis won't or can't imagine someone else doing the job. Confused? you won't be on the next episode of SOAP (sorry I had to do that:D)

( If the line is too old for some...just Google/search the Bolded/underlined)

Yeah. I think I'm done. I've provided so much historical proof that a change in QB can actually help a struggling franchise but, ya know, Cousins threw for more yards last year than he did in 2015 so that's good enough, I guess.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

If you knew the team, you wouldn't asking these questions. The offense had close to 1000 yards more in 2016 than in 2015. How is that not an improvement? He alone threw for close to 900 yards more on just a handful more attempts. How is that not improving?

Who cares about yards?The offense couldn't score TD's especially in the red zone last season. TD's matter not yards. I love how you still think the defense gets no credit for the Philly,Browns, MIn, NYG 1 and 2, and Baltimore games. Games where the offense couldn't score TD's to put the game away.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't improve as a team. The offense went from 10th to 12th. KC improved statistically. That's great for him but not for the team. How did that translate to more wins? Like I've said all along, you can throw for 5,000 yards all you want but if you don't make the playoffs, it doesn't matter. The entire team as a whole didn't do as good as they did in 2015. That's a fact.

Exactly. Just point to the last game of the year in 2016 where the defense stepped up and KC did not. This game was a playoff game mind you. That is not improving to me. Great arguments. I agree with your statements. Just want to see how KC plays this year.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I think I'm done. I've provided so much historical proof that a change in QB can actually help a struggling franchise but, ya know, Cousins threw for more yards last year than he did in 2015 so that's good enough, I guess.

Bite your tongue!!!......We are NOT a struggling franchise, we've just been in rebuild reset rebuild mode since 1991:D.

Paraphrasing In my best Dave Chappelle.........Just because we look like we're struggling, DOES NOT mean that we're struggling.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh for the love of god , show me in the last 20 years where not having stability at qb has helped us ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bite your tongue!!!......We are NOT a struggling franchise, we've just been in rebuild reset rebuild mode since 1991:D.

Paraphrasing In my best Dave Chappelle.........Just because we look like we're struggling, DOES NOT mean that we're struggling.

You have to admit that Terry makes some solid points.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, its hard to convince a franchise who doesn't have the consistency that the Steelers have had at QB that a change in QB is what can help things. Here is an historical fact, the redskins have had 17 starting QBS since 2000. How many have the steelers had during the same stretch? 8 (just did a quick google search) HUGE difference. I could make a similar argument about head coaches but I won't go there.

I believe that the best thing for this franchise to do is have some consistency and hope players perform better and coach them up. That said as long as snyder is our owner, getting any better is going to be very tough. I will always hope the redskins get better regardless anyway HTTR!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we end up with either Dalton or Alex Smith I will be pissed.

What if those guys are half the price of KC? just curious

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see bradford , the totally knee devestated bridewater , the unproven AJ and Grap and andy dalton as being better alternatives to KC . equal? some yes some no

we could pay to get brees for a season or 2

Bridgewater is interesting.

Brees would be if we think we're SB ready with the rest of the team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, its hard to convince a franchise who doesn't have the consistency that the Steelers have had at QB that a change in QB is what can help things. Here is an historical fact, the redskins have had 17 starting QBS since 2000. How many have the steelers had during the same stretch? 8 (just did a quick google search) HUGE difference. I could make a similar argument about head coaches but I won't go there.

I believe that the best thing for this franchise to do is have some consistency and hope players perform better and coach them up. That said as long as snyder is our owner, getting any better is going to be very tough. I will always hope the redskins get better regardless anyway HTTR!

Cant blame Synder for the last 2 years he has paid KC top dollar but his QB is not producing results. Lets hope Kc turns it around. If KC fails this year how is it Synders fault?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to admit that Terry makes some solid points.

Indeed he does!!

So do others, although the problems come with the excuse making and supposition. To me it's a lot like me saying; "Hell if not for those other six numbers.. I would have won the Powerball jackpot.":pound:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Consistency is only worth it if you have the right players and coaches though.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys stability and consistency come because you have good players and coaches. Not the other way around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant blame Synder for the last 2 years he has paid KC top dollar but his QB is not producing results. Lets hope Kc turns it around. If KC fails this year how is it Synders fault?
I more referenced snyder due to how terrible the 2000's started off in terms of head coaching hires (after Marty) and free agent acquisitions. While I will admit that snyder recently has done better in the these area's, he's a fan of the team and likes to play madden with the roster. Synder is largely to blame for the state of the redskins today. The RG3 trade and the SM firing are just the most recent debacles.

KC has produced results. Two straight years, two winning seasons. Lets build on that!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if those guys are half the price of KC? just curious

mmmm depends I guess. If theyre a cheap stopgap to continue building the roster and wait on finding a true franchise QB Id probably be ok with it. Not happy but ok with it. But I dont think either is a very good QB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistency is only worth it if you have the right players and coaches though.
So KC and Gruden are not worth it? They jury is still out but I thought we were building something, then we fired SM....