• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worry shouldn't be the defense, it's what the hell is that offense going to look like? Pettis will be back which is huge, but Lubick will be calling plays? :L I mean he was part of that failed ducks staff that got shit canned.

And we all know if Jake gets rattled it's going to be a long day. Add in that they still have mostly Pettis and a bunch of meh with all of the WR injuries and it will boil down to the 3 headed running game being productive.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man does this team have a lot of work to do in the off season. That offense needs a serious retooling. Hamdan will bring new energy, but they seriously need depth at WR and a lot better play calling for starters. With Pettis leaving what the hell is that offense going to look like next fall? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year over.

Coleman and Pettis gone. Vea as well. O line will see new blood next year.

Lots of changes coming and boy will they need to be comfortable with them fast as the opener against Auburn will test them right out of the gate.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, that's fantastic news. Losing Vea is bad enough.

Gaines returning is awesome news for the interior DL next year. He’s a great all around run stuffer / pressure on QB DL. Really good news indeed.

Gaskin says hes 50/50 on staying or declaring, but that could just be a nice way of saying he’s gonna wait till to see what RBs also declare to get a better sense of what round he could be looking at. He returns and he’ll end up passing Kaufman as the all time Husky RB, but he’s probably gone to the NFL.

Tough way to end the season with this loss, but future continues to be sun bright for the Huskies. No reason we won’t be competing for another PACN crown again in 2018.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit! That was not what I expected!

Defense failed, I can't believe I'm typing this but I never in my worst nightmares would think this defense would cost them a game like this. I'm so frustrated with the defensive calls, yeah I understand you focus on Barkley, but for the love of god the zone coverage in the passing game, then the middle of the field is like a damn "here throw here zone" Coach K they had NFL TE and Wide outs they are use to catching stuff in the middle of the field....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaines returning is awesome news for the interior DL next year. He’s a great all around run stuffer / pressure on QB DL. Really good news indeed.

Gaskin says hes 50/50 on staying or declaring, but that could just be a nice way of saying he’s gonna wait till to see what RBs also declare to get a better sense of what round he could be looking at. He returns and he’ll end up passing Kaufman as the all time Husky RB, but he’s probably gone to the NFL.

Tough way to end the season with this loss, but future continues to be sun bright for the Huskies. No reason we won’t be competing for another PACN crown again in 2018.
The rising role of Ahmed and a couple of younger promising RB's should keep a potent running game even if Gaskin goes, but no doubt it's a tall order to replace both Coleman and Gaskin at the same time.

It's still the questions in receivers that will go more toward what kind of offense they have next year IMO. We saw the glaring differences with Ross/Pettis as real threats and this year with injuries and no real fast/deep threat to keep defenses honest. Chico will be back, but with another year of rust on him and wasn't really tearing it up as it was. And who?

Add in changes on the O line and of course the offense will be a big concern going into spring. There is talent there, but a lot of unknowns.
Well shit! That was not what I expected!

Defense failed, I can't believe I'm typing this but I never in my worst nightmares would think this defense would cost them a game like this. I'm so frustrated with the defensive calls, yeah I understand you focus on Barkley, but for the love of god the zone coverage in the passing game, then the middle of the field is like a damn "here throw here zone" Coach K they had NFL TE and Wide outs they are use to catching stuff in the middle of the field....
There were uncharacteristic issues on that unit for sure, but this is the second year in a row that you faced a bigger and more athletic offense and showed how far off that unit is from being on their level.

The same team that entirely dominated WSU and was in their kitchen all day with a 3 man rush, couldn't get in the backfield of PSU even on soft blitzes. And when they did, they failed to contain a mobile QB and tore them up.

If there's any take away it's more looking at the other side again. McSorley is an example of that extra x factor you get from a very mobile QB. There's a reason so many heisman candidates and playoff teams have dual threat QB's. No matter how good Browning's ceiling could be, the game plan for dealing with him is far more basic than defending a QB such as McSorley.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple Husky groups are saying Eason is coming home. I believe he sits for year, (transfer rule) which could make it interesting in 2019 with the two incoming freshmen this year...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't gone back yet and re watched the game, but at one point camera shot was on Gaines with ice on his knee, I don't when it happened but that is a huge lose on that Dline...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple Husky groups are saying Eason is coming home. I believe he sits for year, (transfer rule) which could make it interesting in 2019 with the two incoming freshmen this year...
Funny, because at least publicly he's not shown any signs at all that he is even considering leaving Georgia, more or less made any kind of decisions about where else he might end up.
Georgia backup QB Jacob Eason doesn't question his role: 'Look where we are now'
Eason said he’s not focused on what happens comes spring football. He came to Georgia because he believed the Bulldogs were capable of seasons like this, and he’s thrilled to play a part in it, however unexpected, and diminished, his role may be.
As for transferring, a common trend among quarterbacks who find themselves second or third on the depth chart, Eason doesn’t recall ever discussing that hypothetical scenario with his family during the recruiting process.
“I know I fell in love with Georgia and Athens and the coaches and players when I committed,” Eason said. “I’m a firm believer in sticking with your decision, so I did … and it’s paid off.”

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much of all of this growing chatter on Eason is just wishful, hopeful thinking by pro UW groups, and how much of it is actually coming from people around him.

And yes, he would have to sit out a year and have two years of eligibility left.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much of all of this growing chatter on Eason is just wishful, hopeful thinking by pro UW groups, and how much of it is actually coming from people around him.

And yes, he would have to sit out a year and have two years of eligibility left.

Very well might be the whiners about Browning starting this crap...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know as bad as that beat down was yesterday, I still feel this program is close. That should've been a blow out of a game, Dawgs did make adjustments and hell if Dante looks at the clock instead of trying to press the issue, who knows could of gone into overtime..

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well might be the whiners about Browning starting this crap...
There has been a lot of chatter about Eason from people like Millen and other high level boosters for much of the last two months or so. I just don't know how much of it is speculation/wishful thinking, and how much might be from some back information they might have access to. It feel more the former at this point.

I mean you wouldn't expect the kid to say he's considering leaving at this point even if he is, at least until he's solid in that decision. You don't burn bridges while you are still standing on them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know as bad as that beat down was yesterday, I still feel this program is close. That should've been a blow out of a game, Dawgs did make adjustments and hell if Dante looks at the clock instead of trying to press the issue, who knows could of gone into overtime..
But were they that close at the end because of their own play, or quite a few gifts by PSU?

They gave up several turnovers and at least a couple of them were just bad bounces more than UW creating them. They also missed a very short make able FG that would have iced it.

PSU entirely dominated that game on both sides of the ball. Period. The score does not belay that point at all IMO.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a lot of chatter about Eason from people like Millen and other high level boosters for much of the last two months or so. I just don't know how much of it is speculation/wishful thinking, and how much might be from some back information they might have access to. It feel more the former at this point.

I mean you wouldn't expect the kid to say he's considering leaving at this point even if he is, at least until he's solid in that decision. You don't burn bridges while you are still standing on them.

Agreed, plus you factor in the Dawgs are bring in two younger stud QB's would make him think else where.
Personally I don't want him here, I was glad he left to begin with . I think he was over hyped coming out of HS

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But were they that close at the end because of their own play, or quite a few gifts by PSU?

They gave up several turnovers and at least a couple of them were just bad bounces more than UW creating them. They also missed a very short make able FG that would have iced it.

PSU entirely dominated that game on both sides of the ball. Period. The score does not belay that point at all IMO.

True, but it's the W's and L's that matter, if the Dawgs had tied it, then won it in overtime do you think we would be bitching up and the river about the stats? ( well I'm sure we would ) but deep down we would have gotten the W

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything I learned yesterday, I really hope these two incoming OG are ready to compete now, I'm tired of watching Nick Harris getting his ass handed to him on every play. Shelton is being asked to double team with Harris ( if he has no gap head up) and that takes away from blind side blitz or picking up missed assignments.