• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone heading down for the game?

I'm staying home, gonna watch in the privacy of my own home where I can cuss, eat want ever I want and drink beer!

I'm pumped, wish though the were wearing the chrome purple helmets, I love those things....( that doesn't make sound like a duckie fan does it?) :scratch:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going, but my step son that goes to Penn State just left our place to stop in cali for a couple of days and then go to the game. He will be wearing both Penn State and Husky gear. Home town team vs his school. He wins either way.

I have an uncle that's also going.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm staying home, gonna watch in the privacy of my own home where I can cuss, eat want ever I want and drink beer!

I'm pumped, wish though the were wearing the chrome purple helmets, I love those things....( that doesn't make sound like a duckie fan does it?) :scratch:

I wish!

I'll either watch it at home and post about it incessantly on here or go to a bar with some friends. I really want to save my liver for New Years eve so I think I'm probably gonna opt to just watch it at home.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost went, but opted out. Might go to Atlanta for the kickoff next year though.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost went, but opted out. Might go to Atlanta for the kickoff next year though.

Honestly I considered it, but:

1. I may not be in the country.
2. They wanted a pretty substantial deposit and the ticket price was like $200-$250 or something like that and I have shit seats. My season ticket was like $360 or something.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I considered it, but:

1. I may not be in the country.
2. They wanted a pretty substantial deposit and the ticket price was like $200-$250 or something like that and I have shit seats. My season ticket was like $360 or something.
If you just plan on going for the weekend, it's not too crazy compared to other vacation stuff you can do. Hell, one ticket just to get into Disney Land is $100. Can't even see a concert anymore for less than $150/ticket it seems.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you just plan on going for the weekend, it's not too crazy compared to other vacation stuff you can do. Hell, one ticket just to get into Disney Land is $100. Can't even see a concert anymore for less than $150/ticket it seems.

Yeah but I also just don't have any interest in going to Atlanta.

I could spend a weekend in LA for probably $300 for a flight, booze and ticket. I've got friends I can stay with there.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I also just don't have any interest in going to Atlanta.

I could spend a weekend in LA for probably $300 for a flight, booze and ticket. I've got friends I can stay with there.
That's all well and good, the novelty of just going drinking in another city isn't really my thing, I can do that here. I like traveling for games, and this is an appealing trip, already went there for the peach bowl and had a great time, new stadium, and it's a huge and meaningful game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good, the novelty of just going drinking in another city isn't really my thing, I can do that here. I like traveling for games, and this is an appealing trip, already went there for the peach bowl and had a great time, new stadium, and it's a huge and meaningful game.

Yeah, I completely understand your perspective. I'd love to see that stadium. My thing is, if I'm going to travel for a football game I wanna make sure it's also a city I want to see. I don't have any friends in Atlanta and don't have much of a desire to see the city.

Would be a blast to go to that game though.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll most likely be watching it from home. Fun at a sports bar, but it's a hassle to get their an hour or more before at some place like the dub pub or another sports bar around the east side, just so you can get a seat with a decent view. Maybe depends on the mood, but probably will just kick back and home and watch on the flat screen with my feet up.
GO DAWGS!!!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah buddy and me are talking about going down for that...
I've been on this site way too long. Read that as you and a buddy were going down on someone for tickets to that. :L

I need help.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll most likely be watching it from home. Fun at a sports bar, but it's a hassle to get their an hour or more before at some place like the dub pub or another sports bar around the east side, just so you can get a seat with a decent view. Maybe depends on the mood, but probably will just kick back and home and watch on the flat screen with my feet up.
GO DAWGS!!!!

Thought about that as well, taken the family somewhere, but I can make nachos, wings, and Santa got me a new 65" TV so I'll do my own thing at my place!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, this PAC-12 performance during bowl season isn't exactly helping us.
If UW doesn't win tomorrow it won't matter what anyone else did. And they open the season basically @ Auburn. They have all the ammo they need to make noise next year without needing the help of the other worthless fucks in our conference.

Just

Win

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If UW doesn't win tomorrow it won't matter what anyone else did. And they open the season basically @ Auburn. They have all the ammo they need to make noise next year without needing the help of the other worthless fucks in our conference.

Just

Win

I think we match up well against Penn State.

Will be a hell of a game regardless. I just don't want the polls taking the PAC-12 getting slaughtered this bowl season as indicative of our future strength of schedule. Or use that as an excuse for our good season.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we match up well against Penn State.

Will be a hell of a game regardless. I just don't want the polls taking the PAC-12 getting slaughtered this bowl season as indicative of our future strength of schedule. Or use that as an excuse for our good season.
The conference as a whole is gonna catch shit, no way around that. Everyone already thinks the PAC is at the bottom of the P5 conference anyway, so that's not new. Beat Penn State and UW will get an asterisk as the only worthy team in a garbage conference, as far as fan perception goes. Lose and we're just part of the garbage heap.

Like Wiz said, all they have to do is win. Beat Penn State in a major bowl with a bunch of national attention, then beat Auburn in Atlanta in another big nationally promoted game, and UW is a serious national contender.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not pretty worried about tomorrow, considering how things have gone, however.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conference as a whole is gonna catch shit, no way around that. Everyone already thinks the PAC is at the bottom of the P5 conference anyway, so that's not new. Beat Penn State and UW will get an asterisk as the only worthy team in a garbage conference, as far as fan perception goes. Lose and we're just part of the garbage heap.

Like Wiz said, all they have to do is win. Beat Penn State in a major bowl with a bunch of national attention, then beat Auburn in Atlanta in another big nationally promoted game, and UW is a serious national contender.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not pretty worried about tomorrow, considering how things have gone, however.

I was too when they first drew Penn St, but a month off with Coach Pete and I believe this game will be win 11 for the Dawgs. SF234 said the "match up" and to me these two teams are identical, with the edge being the Dawgs defense!